in:
Forums > Grow It! > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Viking Strain

Thread Title Search    
Buy Cannabis Seeds
 Viking Strain Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
Truth
Wise One

Truth has a spectacular aura aboutTruth has a spectacular aura aboutTruth has a spectacular aura about
Viking Strain

anyone have any specific information about this strain? I can't seem to find any on the internet. I've seen a few strains that are crossed with it, but most seem to be boasted as being early flowering plants, so I'm guessing it may be a ruderalis strain.
Truth jest offline   Quote

Old 12-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #2
Cannafish

Cannafish is on a distinguished road
hmm it seems to carry autoflowering traits. but i heard of aghan heritage.
maybe afghan with some rudi in it?

i like to know more..
Cannafish jest offline   Quote

Old 12-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
Hydrofome420
You can pick you friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Hydrofome420 is a survivorHydrofome420 is a survivorHydrofome420 is a survivorHydrofome420 is a survivorHydrofome420 is a survivorHydrofome420 is a survivorHydrofome420 is a survivorHydrofome420 is a survivorHydrofome420 is a survivorHydrofome420 is a survivorHydrofome420 is a survivor
Hey truth give the starter of this thread that question,
I think he has been growing out this strain, or might might have info on it.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=26100

I am a compulsive lier so anything I say is a lie.
Now am I lieing or not about being a lier,
only the shadow know's

If you want to go fast go alone,
If you want to go far go with others.:wink:

A friend of Piece Of My Heart, limelight and MTNJOHN
Hydrofome420 jest offline   Quote

Old 12-05-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
Raco
secretion engineer

Raco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivor
I think it´s one of the parents of Top 44 :smile:

Old 12-05-2006, 11:26 PM   #5

Truth : ~~>>
A pure memory thing ... (heavy stoner )
Positronics, a seedbank -one of the first & greatest- that doesn't exist anymore had VIKING on their list. Wernard Bruining was the man behind it.

The last VIKING beauties I saw (on the net) were those from Karma Genetics

From the stories I heard back around 1990, it has to be awsome strong -potent- weed

Old 12-05-2006, 11:39 PM   #6
Raco
secretion engineer

Raco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivor
"From the stories I heard back around 1990, it has to be awsome strong -potent- weed "

It was called Viking because it hits you like a viking axe...considered "guy´s weed"

Old 12-06-2006, 12:30 AM   #7

mmmm......i want some. It would be great to learn the genetics of this one so we could make a new viking. Even better is if someone had clones, but since its an outdoor strain i doubt that.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:08 PM   #8
mriko
Green Mujaheed

mriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone grown Tophaze ? It's a Bluehemp cross of Viking x Haze 19...

Irie !
"To forbid or even seriously to restrict the use of so gracious an herb as hemp would cause widespread suffering and annoyance and to large bands of worshipped ascetics, deep-seated anger. It would rob the people of a solace in discomfort, of a cure in sickness, of a guardian whose gracious protection saves them from the attacks of evil influences, and whose mightly power makes the devotee of the Victorious, overcoming the demons of hunger and thirst, of panic, fear, of the glamour of Maya or matter, and of madness, able in rest to brood on the Eternal, till the Eternal,possessing him body and soul, frees him from the haunting of self and receives him into the Ocean of Being." Indian Hemp Drugs Commission

"Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

"I can, I shall and in the future I will have done" C. Montgomery Burns

Last edited by mriko; 12-07-2006 at 07:11 PM..
mriko jest offline   Quote

Old 12-08-2006, 05:37 AM   #9

If I remember correct Karma Genetics told me he got his seeds from the breeder himself … The first picture above is dated 03, I guess 2003. Meaning there are probably still VIKING seeds out there.
More VIKING information from a Dutch magazine : Page33 : ~>> 2 pictures ~> VIKING
I remember those pictures from an old, but excellent growers guide handbook : Wietologisch handboek. It had all basics to know about growing and using your own marijuana.
PEACE &

Old 12-08-2006, 08:20 AM   #10
odin_
卍 Óğal 卐

odin_ is on a distinguished road
I asked Heath awhile back and it is not available anymore.
odin_ jest offline   Quote

Old 12-12-2006, 01:00 AM   #11
Truth
Wise One

Truth has a spectacular aura aboutTruth has a spectacular aura aboutTruth has a spectacular aura about
Hmm, then it really makes me wonder where all of these supposed 'early' varieties with viking in it are coming from, because Top44 is Viking X Skunk #1 ..neither have a flowering under 8 weeks. Top Haze is Viking X Haze ...and haze 's are mostly sativa's, so they will take longer to flower. I'm guessing it is all a gimmick, because I have heard of no one getting early flower finish times. sure, they harvest at day 45 or so, but it is still immature. The only people I have heard of getting it is straight from the original mother plants from clones. And even that is questionable. without ruderalis in the mix somewhere, there is no way a plant can flower in under 7 weeks without being impotent.
Truth jest offline   Quote

Old 12-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #12

Hi Truth,

It makes me wonder too!

The Viking I have is a genuine 7 week finisher, but I cant see how crossing it to a skunk would make it flower in 44 days?.

The Homegrown Fantaseeds would probably be the best bet for the Top 44 as it uses the Viking and the Skunk #1 from Wernard.

Heath

Old 12-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #13
mriko
Green Mujaheed

mriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond reputemriko has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Hmm, then it really makes me wonder where all of these supposed 'early' varieties with viking in it are coming from, because Top44 is Viking X Skunk #1 ..neither have a flowering under 8 weeks. Top Haze is Viking X Haze ...and haze 's are mostly sativa's, so they will take longer to flower.
I've some of the Tophaze seeds, and I'm definitely not hoping them to finish under 8 weeks, of course not ! Who would believe that ? But definitely, the viking genes must make it faster fowring than plain Haze19.

Irie !
"To forbid or even seriously to restrict the use of so gracious an herb as hemp would cause widespread suffering and annoyance and to large bands of worshipped ascetics, deep-seated anger. It would rob the people of a solace in discomfort, of a cure in sickness, of a guardian whose gracious protection saves them from the attacks of evil influences, and whose mightly power makes the devotee of the Victorious, overcoming the demons of hunger and thirst, of panic, fear, of the glamour of Maya or matter, and of madness, able in rest to brood on the Eternal, till the Eternal,possessing him body and soul, frees him from the haunting of self and receives him into the Ocean of Being." Indian Hemp Drugs Commission

"Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

"I can, I shall and in the future I will have done" C. Montgomery Burns
mriko jest offline   Quote

Old 12-12-2006, 05:29 PM   #14
zamalito

zamalito is a glorious beacon of lightzamalito is a glorious beacon of lightzamalito is a glorious beacon of lightzamalito is a glorious beacon of lightzamalito is a glorious beacon of lightzamalito is a glorious beacon of light
I grew t44 a while ago. It was pretty lame.
zamalito jest offline   Quote

Old 01-18-2007, 05:02 AM   #15

3 more nights !

3 more nights ! And then it's time to go pick up my Viking seeds