What's new

Anyone have any info on 'World Of Seeds Bank'? Landraces Galore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

h g

i was going to order sensi's NL#5xHaze then saw i could buy all of WoS seeds for near enough the same price so i ordered the lot from the GSA.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Have any of you guy's heard of soulseeds ,thay've got a selection of mexican landrace seed's,just wondering if there legit to cos thay've got some interesting variaties.

chizzleonetime

this makes me a lil wary from a seedbank on there site lol 'The Indoor mix consists of 3 strains best suited for indoor cultivation under sodium lighting, Firstly Strawberry cough #2 is a medium height plant with a beautifully sweet / fruity taste and a heavy yield, The quality of the smoke is very fine with a Nice buzz that is pleasing to the mind and body, She is a easy to cultivate strain that is very mold resistant. Skunk Queen is the second strain in our mix, It is our Special Skunk cross (aka super skunk) This plant is a dream to grow, Yields are high, Taste as expected is Very skunky, Thick golden buds grow on long sturdy branches, A great plant for the sea of green method. Fat flowering for a skunk (8-9 weeks). The final strain in the mix is Blue Cheese, it is a cross between a heavy yielding blueberry mother and a Very strong, thick set Skunk #1 father. The aroma is skunk like while still carrying hints of berry, Yields are large (500g psm), toward the end of flowering certain plants show a distinct red / blue hue. This mix is sure to please the skunk lover out there'
i smell a rat!!! and if that aint enough there selling masterlow for 20 pound a pack which seems a lil strange i wouldnt trust them till i see respectable peep's results because at first glance looks like a scam to me or there f2's which seems just as likely considering there based in the uk and it aint exactly easy to get a large scale breeding program going here

muddy waters

well the soulseeds page actually looks interesting. nothing seems too exaggerated to me. the three mexican strains are especially interesting. tecate is a town right on the US-Mexico border; i'm surprised a good drug strain that is 100% sativa was developed there. but the bay area dudes bred haze in norcal so i don't doubt it's possible. the michoacan is the most interesting of the bunch, they even trace it to a particular family. unfortunately the price of the seeds (20-25 british pounds per 10 seeds) is well out of my league. hopefully someone in our community with more disposable income can give this shop a try.

i still am laughing my ass off about the simon bolivar story... did you know thomas jefferson author of the declaration of independence was an afghani man?

true story: jefferson broke early american laws by going to china in order to buy the best hemp seed. maybe he brought back some indica from yunnan! if i start a seed company that's gonna be my story and i'm stickin to it...

Last edited:
G

Interesting comments about the BSC Santa Marta Gold, fury, I think your experiences are very different from mine, I agree on the smell, but the effects sounds very different to the ones I have, I noticed no paranoiat's a smily, happy, heady high that lasts about an hour and a half and is one of my all-tme faves.

I think the BSC SMG is pure sativa, I really doubt it has any indica in it, it does look a little indica in veg, but as soon as you put it into 12/12, it very rapidly looks pure sat. I grew mine under HPS and they looked different to fury's, I think fluoros don't allow a sativa to fully express itself, which is why they looked more indica. I have two Colombian from seeds and two clones flowering alongside some Thai and Zamal x haze right now and they are of similar height and the Colombian looks every bit as pure satva as the other two.

My finished Colombian product looked similar to the Colombian grown Golds red has, and we discussed the effects on the Ultimate Sativa Thread, they sounded similar, only difference of note with mine was I trimmed mine so they had less of those thin leafs, I made some lovely spicy kif from the trim.

Here's some pics of one of my early Colombian Gold grows, I'm harvesting a couple more shortly so I'll take some more pics:

PA180002.jpg

PA180003.jpg

PA180005.jpg

PA180023.jpg

PA180024.jpg

PA180018.jpg

PA180019.jpg

PA180022.jpg

PA180026.jpg

zamalito

Veteran
Muddy, I think you're wrong it's well documented Bolivar was the mysterious 3rd haze brother and Thomas Jefferson is well known to smoke only west africans and brazilians that he got from his slaves that we all know he loved. (Please noone take this seriously)

Anyways Luiz has given up on figuring the content of his smg. The only thing I'm certain of is was that the bud he'd gotten it from looked identical to the smg of the 70's and picked up in costa rica. Perhaps it is descended from the partial afghan black tuna gang smg. it is a bit faster than some of the more extreme highland golds. From the appearance it's definitely mostly colombian but could've been descended from both afghan seeds and the more extreme one harvest per year colombians and the consistency leads me to believe it's unhybridized for the past 30 years or so. Does anyone have a link to the r.c. Clarke smg paper?

Last edited:

zamalito

Veteran
That is a good article hhf. They mentioned the old popocateptl gold (popo oro). Man what I wouldn't do to get my hands on some of those seeds. There was definitely a bias towards mexican herb which I have also. If it wasn't for paraquat we'd have so much more excellent mexican stock to work. I'm also curious about if there's a difference between manizales black and wacky weed. I feel stupid for not making the connection that the brotherhood of eternal love were the ones that introduced a good portion of the afghan genes to hawaii. I guess this means that if kona gold was their strain then it may also have some afghan background.

Last edited:
G

zamalito said:
That is a good article hhf. They mentioned the old popocateptl gold (popo oro). Man what I wouldn't do to get my hands on some of those seeds. There was definitely a bias towards mexican herb which I have also. If it wasn't for paraquat we'd have so much more excellent mexican stock to work. I'm also curious about if there's a difference between manizales black and wacky weed. I feel stupid for not making the connection that the brotherhood of eternal love were the ones that introduced a good portion of the afghan genes to hawaii. I guess this means that if kona gold was their strain then it may also have some afghan background.

Hola Z,

Yes, for me im starting to feel the authentic Mexicans have a lot to offer and add to the DCP yet. I am searching for Zacatacas Purple and the Popo Oro to complete the collection. These are like rocking horse shit. A lot of Popo Oro was imported into the states as a 'connisuer Mexican' i think.

BOEL spread [or assisted the spreading of] a lot of genetics, as they where connected to many different farming communities, from pure Sats through to the Indicas in later days, and hybrids off all these genetics that where collected and being used in California at the time. I dont know of any genetics they did not have access to from their circle, apart perhaps from Russian, Chinese and Mongolian Indica varieties. They where definately one of the biggest channels for all the connisuer imported Sativas in California and where importing highest quality herbs and Hashishs from all around the globe.

Leads to speculation as to whether some of the South American varieties may be decended from introduced seed stocks to meet demand in the North as the connisuer demand there was astonishing. Would not suprise me in the least to discover they where farming for the Cali market in South America, for sure they where importing from there, had working relationships with the biggest and best farmers.

All the best, Flowers

Last edited:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
so i finally exchanged a couple of e-mails with the people from the seed bank in question, i wanted to know their sources for their claims on bolivar and cannabis trading; their answers were poor and not satisfactory. whether this reveals anything about the quality of their stock is up to every individual to decide.
much peace.

Medved

Helou guys, well I find world of seeds interesting, so I bought some seeds. first 4 of pakistan valley are in soil and waiting to grow. Some pics of the package and the seeds.

23447pakistan_valley_front-med.jpg
[/IMG]

23447Pakistan_valley_back-med.jpg

23447pakistan_valley_seeds-med.jpg

Bob Jones

I have a few going...

I have a few going...

I'm growing their Thai and Kilimanjaro in my greenhouse. Both popped May 1, they're now about 6' tall. The Thais look like clones, absolutely identical plants with no obvious sign of hybridization. The Kilis are slightly wider leaved, look about like the Apollo plant in there with them to give you an idea.

I'll post some pix this evening to show what they look like. So far very happy with the outcome, but a long way from harvest.

Bob Jones

Let's see if this works...

Let's see if this works...

Here's the pix. All popped May 1, 2007, at 45 degrees north. Pix taken a week or 10 days ago. Plants are in 7 to 12 gallon pots. They've filled in quit a bit since then.

Kilimanjaro

Thai

BTW, I'm a legal med patient, quality is everything to me and I'm always looking for interesting new genetics. I don't know a think about the seed seller but had some room in the greenhouse and the price was right so thought I'd give them a run. Have some Apollo 11 and Black Domina going in there too, and an Apollo 11 male I'm going to hit the Apollo and the Thai with. I'm thinking the Apollo / Thai should make an interesting cross, they're both very branchy and fast growing, there should be some shorter blooming phenotypes in there.

Bob Jones said:
I'm a legal med patient, quality is everything to me and I'm always looking for interesting new genetics. I don't know a think about the seed seller but had some room in the greenhouse and the price was right so thought I'd give them a run. .

Respect for u BOB! :smoweed:

This is my Seedsman/W.of S. Thai Ko Chang

in pre bloom state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts