What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bartender's Krypto Closet

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Some may know me... Most of you guys, though, probally don't. I havent been able to contribute nearly as much as I had used to at one time. After a few security issues I felt it was best shut down the indoor grow and instead dabble my thumb in outdoor guerilla growing. I had mixed results, my main site was found... While my other two sites weren't discovered, they would of required daily maintence that was not worth the hour daily hike to get there. I decided to give those plants away to a friend and contemplate what I really wanted to do.

Well enough of that crap. Lets get this show on the road!

I will try my best to answer all the questions posted in this thread. I will update as progress is made and then when the plants are up and running once a week. I've been rather busy these days so please bare with me.

Quick Rundown:

Room- 10ft x 3ft floorplan
Setup- 8 Multiflow Krypto Buckets (Thanks to Krypto for the very detailed thread.)
Light- 600w HPS veg... 2x600w HPS flower
Cooling- 6inch Vortec w/ Can Fan

The room will be supplemented with C02. Thanks again goes out to that ICer that hooked me up with the tank and regulator *you know who you are.

Ive spent the last couple months moving, getting settled in, and purchasing equipment. Just last week I started constructing the room. I will do my best to detail this grow photographically from start (beginning with a bare closet) to finish.

The buckets have been ordered. A couple more trips to the Home Depot and the local Hydro store and we will be up and running.

Heres the closet. It has a cement floor but to enter the closet you have to climb a 2-step staircase. This created a rather awkard floor pattern to work around so we decided to cover the the floor with plywood.

I have since switched out the books for heavy encyclopedias... lol got to love ghetto rigged grow rooms.

The outake will go through this cutout, into a small crawl space, and then up into the attic.

We ran a bead of calk around every edge to seal up small cracks like this. All that is left to seal the room from light leaks is a to build a low profile frame for the weather stripping.

If you have any questions/concerns/comments... im all ears.

take care-
bartender187

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alright!!!!!!!!!!friend!!!!!!!!!

Alright!!!!!!!!!!friend!!!!!!!!!

Good to see you setting up and ready to get growing Bart. Great to see you and even greater to see you starting up a grow. Ill be dropping back by so you keep me a front row seat there now .... Afterall i was the first one to drop in. Any ideas what your gonna be starting out with ?? Im sure it will be something fun. Hope to you with a big fattey of your own homegrown real soon. Thanks for sharing buddy
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Guvnor

Hey Bart :wave:

Really glad I got a front row seat for the show :D What strains you plan to run in the brand new garden?
Look forward to seeing how it all comes along, All The Best
Guv'nor :wave:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
cant go far wrong with those buckets mate, some juicy buds coming ur way eh
Be lucky bartender.
Aayy up guv

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Its great to see all the old friendly faces : )

Babba- thanks brother for the words of support. glad to have a guru like yourself onboard for the show. hope the family is doing great: ) hows the lil' one?

Guvnor - hey Guv! : ) thanks for the kind words. not sure on the strains yet, goin to build the setup then worry about that. it will be somethin fun for sure though.

Harry- thanks for the luck bro, im sure I will need some : )
Ive dipped my toes into hydro before but this definately will be a learning experience. the bucket system seems perfect for what I need, the lack of airpumps is a huge plus for me.

I am goin to try and do some work tommorow on it. Most likely will lay down the plastic bladder and start with the construction of the buckets.

take care-
bartender187

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Finished the controller bucket.

Framed in the door frame and laid down the plastic bladder (left over from what we had used for an outdoor greenhouse).

55g Rez + 20LB C02

I just stacked the buckets and ran a 1/4inch drill through them. I went a bit up the sides.

I finished up the peace I will lay into the whole I cut into the attic. Its just two 6" flanges from the Home Depot mounted on to a peace of scrap plywood.

Room should be done a few days. Ill be running a dry run for at least a week. Planning on placing an order for filter / fan combo off of http://www.mdhydro.com/ on Monday. A week after the holidays and we should be off : )

Take care everyone,
bartender187

Last edited:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Thanks for the replies everyone : )

SS - me too bro, me too : ) thanks again for stopin by. hope you stay for the show

sleepy- long time no see bud, its great to have the ol' friends along for the ride.

2bBlAzEd- thanks for the post, stick around

Been busy with more construction.

Replaced the closet door. I wanted to do as little damage to the property as possible. When my lease runs out, i can just throw back on the original door.

If you have any questions on what I did, feel free to ask. Basically just jigged out a 2'x1' square, inserted a dark room louve, and screwed in a standard vent cover on the other side.

Heres the buckets, goin to adjust the positioning. The system holds water without leaking which is a big relief. I need to pick up some smaller water pumps, i was using some spare ones from another setup and they are just way to powerful... Even with the 3/4inch feed lines they are cycling on and off b/c of the float valves. I also got around to mounting the brains onto the controller bucket. Drilled a couple holes and attached it via zip ties.

I modded our Sun System ballast to accept a standard plug. Our bulb seems to have been broken in storage tho... 2 steps forward 1 step back seems to be the name of the game. we will get there sooner or later.

Some random equipment we removed from storage. humidifier, osicillating fan, and electronic solenoid + regulator

We picked up a new bowl and longer downstem for our semi-new roor.

And our ol' tried and true bowl.

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everything is looking great. Nice clean work. Hope to see you up and running soon. Im working at getting my ebb and flow buckets back up and running . Ill be keepin an eye over this way :)

G

whatup bart, im UN :wave: good to meet ya bro, looks like you've got lots of friends here at IC.

i see mucho gardening and photography in your future :D :yes:

:lurk:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Were gettin our last hens in order and we should be off. I need to go purchase a couple fire extinguishers as well as a smoke detector. Anyone know of a good place to buy some wall mountable osicallating fans in winter?

Bought a filter for the incoming air.

I got pist because the plastic I had laid down already had holes in it. Went to the Home Depot purchased 6mil plastic, laid down 3 layers and then framed out the floor. The frame is just wedged into itself and does a good job at keeping the plastic taut. Then I pulled it tight and staple gunned the plastic in place. no shoes in the grow rooom plz :noway:

Purchased two maxi-jet 600. My old pumps were way to powerful, at 160gph they still manage to fill the buckets quick.

Inserted the two airline hose barbs to prevent the pumps from syphoning.

Flipped the buckets so the feed lines hugged the wall. This gives me alot more space to move around.

CAN 66 and all the electricity

vortec mounting

Zipties are your friend. You can keep alot of crap in order.

I ran a extension cord through the bottom of the door, up a couple inches through the hollow door then out. This way the cord doesnt fuck with the weather seal frame I constructed. I put a rubber grommet on the cord and it seems to light seal it well enough.

Min Humidity and Temp (after 24hrs of running system w/o humidifier)

Max Humidity and Temp

Current Humidity and Temp

Goin to tie up a few loose ends then just waitin on genetics. :joint:

Last edited:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
thanks for the comments THC, your hydro plants dont look to shabby themselves, when are you plannin on flippin em?

take care,
bartender187

Δ9-THC

I think I'm going to wait another week or two before flowering. Hopefully they don't get too tall, but I'd rather be patient and get a good yield. How do you like running CO2? Can you notice a difference in growth rate? I've got to get one of those thermometer/hygrometers like you've got, hopefully the hydro shop has one. :chin:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad I got in on this one before the fun started! Nice show bartender. That is one fine ass tank ya got there and plans on the dispersal system yet? Will be glad to see some girls running around in there very very soon. As Babba has already stated,Thanks For Sharing.

Mr.Wags

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Bro!!!! Long time no see!!!! :woohoo: Good to see you man...:wave: "Zipties are your friend. You can keep alot of crap in order." :D

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
mrwags said:
Glad I got in on this one before the fun started! Nice show bartender. That is one fine ass tank ya got there and plans on the dispersal system yet? Will be glad to see some girls running around in there very very soon. As Babba has already stated,Thanks For Sharing.

Mr.Wags
High bart! awsome grow! I love the multifow systems as well. I Will be watching!
High wags! long time, eh mate? I love yor sig, btw. lol, its like rule number one on the job! lol. Peace all and be safe, TBug