What's new

Santa Maria seeds?

bongoman

Hi there

Anyone seen any Santa Maria seeds out there from any of the breeders?

It sounds an interesting strain.

Alternatively, what strain available in seed form would anyone recommend that might be similar to Santa Maria?

G

no mercy supply, is the vendor for these seeds she is also known as planx. she is supposed to originate from clone only stock so ive no idea hows kees has created her in seed form. :joint:

spicecowboy

Jingles is right.

"Santa Maria" is also known as "Plank", and it´s a clone only.

A buddy of mine once handed me a little bud from "Plank Weed" he got from Holland.

A real one hit wonder, very visual high.

But who can tell if this was the real deal anyway?

I would like to have more information on those seeds offered by "No Mercy Supply".

Maybe they used an original "Plank" clone in the cross, maybe it´s just another hype...

Peace,

spice

bongoman

Thanks for the info -- didn't realise it was clone only except for No Mercy seeds.

The reason I'm curious is that the new LowRyder #2 is an F4 of Santa Maria and the original LowRyder. So I wonder what the breeder used there? Clone or seed?

G

Planck was originally distributed as a clone by the founer of High Life magazine, but it wasn't a clone only, it was just spread as a clone around the commercial scene and ended up in a lot of commercial growrooms. Cees probably had access to the original seeds. If not, don't know what he crossed the clone to.

As it's a cross of a Amazonian sativa to an indica then backcrossed KC Brains may have had something to do with its origins, KC, Mau from Nirvana and some other well-known breeders who now have their own seed companies used to work for Positronics and Planck dates from that time, KC is from Brazil and brought a lot of Brazilian strains to Holland with him, the strains he bread for Positonics were all given a KC prefix and a number (KC36 etc.) then after he left and set up KC Brains he released a load more Brazilian hybrids, makes sense that Planck came from his work at some point, although thats just speculation.

ngakpa

Veteran
there is a religious movement called Santo Daime which originates in Brasil and uses ayahuasca ("Daime") -

at least part if not all of the Santo Daime people refer to their herb as "Santa Maria" ... I think perhaps it may also have a direct association with the spirit of the Virgin Mary as associated with cannabis too, if you see what I mean ... but that they also only allow their "Santa Maria" strain to be smoked at ayahuasca ceremonies etc. and that only this cannabis is referred to as "Santa Maria"

not sure, still, seemed like pretty good stuff

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
There is also some cults in Holland run by brazilian preists and they smoke Santa Maria, as for cees and no mercy supply he is into female seed and this is a very big problem when you need strong genetics, most if not all female seeds have weak genetics.

GrowDoc

G

hi growdoc, go look on the docs site i am sure he has them in regular seed form. also go on the canna website and look for a thread called space isnt a issue anymore it logs a grow with a nice santa maria. :joint:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
there is a religious movement called Santo Daime which originates in Brasil and uses ayahuasca ("Daime") -

at least part if not all of the Santo Daime people refer to their herb as "Santa Maria" ... I think perhaps it may also have a direct association with the spirit of the Virgin Mary as associated with cannabis too, if you see what I mean ... but that they also only allow their "Santa Maria" strain to be smoked at ayahuasca ceremonies etc. and that only this cannabis is referred to as "Santa Maria"

not sure, still, seemed like pretty good stuff

Right, who knows, maybe it comes from a cut of the Santo Daime Strain ? I had the oportunity to get some (sold as "Santa Maria") in A'dam in 2003. Excellent smoke with amazing visual effects, had a joint just before visiting some Van Gogh exhibition, was really great ! It also has a very strong spiritual potential definitely !

Irie !

ngakpa

Veteran
mriko said:
Right, who knows, maybe it comes from a cut of the Santo Daime Strain ? I had the oportunity to get some (sold as "Santa Maria") in A'dam in 2003. Excellent smoke with amazing visual effects, had a joint just before visiting some Van Gogh exhibition, was really great ! It also has a very strong spiritual potential definitely !

Irie !

yeh, that sounds like the same stuff to me

it's difficult to be sure what was residual effects of ayahuasca, and what was the Santa Maria, but I'm pretty sure by the time I had got home it was mostly the herb - very warm spiritual and visual high for sure

Latest posts

Latest posts