What's new

long time storage

Dr. Dank

a friend has decided to not smoke for awhile while she gets her life in order but does not wish to part with her rather large supply of cannabis :confused: she is going to turn into dry sift(yes even the tops) and want to know the best way to keep for long term storage...she would like to press the kiff into hash, but will not if storing as kiff is better...i told her i know the guys to ask...lol...

thanks
~doc

vaccume seal pressed bubblehash or oil.
kief degrades in potency too quickly in the presence of O2 to be stored in even a glass vial longterm.

even whole-buds will keep 2+yrs in vac. bags or jars, they will have about the same shelf life as kief (if vac. sealed)

no matter what you do make sure to remove all the h2o from the concentrate and store vaccume-sealed.

a glass vial isnt good enough for loose trichomes being stored long-term. you need to store properly.

also, why would someone quit smoking altogether to 'get her life togther'...? that's absurd.
sounds like this person has issues other than pot to be worried about if she thinks Cannabis is the cause of it

Last edited:

Dr. Dank

captainjack said:
vaccume seal pressed bubblehash or oil.
kief degrades in potency too quickly in the presence of O2 to be stored in even a glass vial longterm.

even whole-buds will keep 2+yrs in vac. bags or jars, they will have about the same shelf life as kief (if vac. sealed)

no matter what you do make sure to remove all the h2o from the concentrate and store vaccume-sealed.

a glass vial isnt good enough for loose trichomes being stored long-term. you need to store properly.

also, why would someone quit smoking altogether to 'get her life togther'...? that's absurd.
sounds like this person has issues other than pot to be worried about if she thinks Cannabis is the cause of it

i dont think i said cannabis was the cause of her problems...bad choices in life...i think its absurd to put words in other peoples mouths

kurlyq2g

Dr. Dank said:
i think its absurd to put words in other peoples mouths

what he said... i think alot of people could use a little break to clear things up... and plus when you return all your grass gets you more medicated then before...

i like that