What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Widow Grow

Mibri

Hi Guys
Here's my first attempt with growing inside.
I'm gonna grow White Widow from White Label Seeds (from SensiSeeds webpage)(feminized)
They will grow in rockwool qubes for starts and moved to a larger ebb & flow system under 600watt hps.
The veggie is under 4x4' fluorscent (2 warm and 2 cold)
The seeds we're put in a rockwool start block on the 15th of October, so today they'd be 22 days old.
Here's my plan so far. The White Widow strain is to get familiar with this method of growing. (already ordered Somas "Amnesia Haze") I got 6 White Widow, 2 plants from bonus seeds from SensiSeeds (strain unknown) but the quality of the xxx-seeds should be good genetics. And last for later seed production i saved 1 male f1 Northern Lights x 5#Haze from my last grow (the mail will just be in the veggieroom waiting)
I'm gonna find my special female from the 6 plants. I'll clone the tops and only flower the topped motherplants to get some nice buds to test on. Please help me to find the best mother plant. Since i figure it's not only the one that is growing the best, right?
Really looking forward to here you're responds. I'll post more picture this evening. Got some from 20 days, and to follow up, i'll just go and take some more right now.
I'm so happy with this new room. Just love growing these beauties.

Last edited:

Mibri

Here are some updated pictures from 22 days from seed

The NLx5#Haze male for seedproduction later. Put under 24 for reveg.

This is some kind of fert lack i guess. What is it???

Fertilizers

Look pretty healthy

Mibri

tx, man. Really nice to get some feedback. I'll get more pictures from the room soon. Nice to hear that they are healthy. There's just one plant that has a bit of nute.def. but it's nice and healthy again.

Mibri

Here's a picture of my tray. It's 130x100 cm. Will this be suited for the 600watter or should i have a larger tray?

The plants really start to grow fast now. Taking off!!!

:woohoo:

Mibri

Tx - i will. I'll just let some days pass before updating the pictures, so they will show obvious growth instead of each day. Pictures will probably look too similar. Anybody got answers to some of the questions? By the way. Anybody knows why Soma doesn't reply to a seed order from somaseeds? Have i missed something (other than the obvious) :confused:

Mibri

Okay Here is an update from the White Widow grow. I just ordered original Jack Herer as a suplement to these ladies. it'll take some days before they'll be here.
The ladies are growing pretty good now and this is the first day i can smell them, when i enter the room.

Here's a couple of pics from dinner time:

Is this to high water level?

Here are some kind of def. Probably zinc, but the new groth seem to be good.

Closeup:

Size DOES matter!

I'm looking really forward to cloning them. i can probably get the Jack Herer seedlings to follow the growth of the clones somewhat. What do you think for the 23 days old from seeds. Is this ok or should they be bigger? :wave:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Maybe you can slightly up your fertilizer dose. I like to use seaweed / kelp based fertilizer for micronutrients. I find it makes a huge difference. They're doing quite well for 23 days actually.

Mibri

I use this fertilizer, made for hydro. U really think i should give them even more than the producer of the fertilizer thinks?

The dark red bottle is micro. I mean mostly the producer would want you to put in as much fertilizer as possible to sell as much as possible??? If you think they look big enough for 23 days, ill stick to this dozage. (that brown on those leafs has disapeared by now.

Mibri

Here are a couple of pictures from today. I changed the water, because it started to look unclear. I put some h2o2 in it to keep it clean.

It's pretty amazing how fast they grow. The other day i measured 11 cm, and now after two days, 20!! It's very normal im sure - just haven't noticed it before, when growing outdoors. Not as much contact.

Some of the whole crew. A couple are a it strechy, with only 3 internodes, so im just gonna put them to flower with the other to fill the tray, and not just waste the light on the leca peas.

Here's the seeds that i'm looking really forward to tasting :D

Litz_C

kill the male! smoke da women!! keep up the good work dood.

used to grow widow as the first grow and end up owned my PM.

and those guy grow ALOT tho flowering. prepare for soem mroe space.

Mibri

Hi again. I have made a little change to my plan. I'm gonna grow the plants in two of these babies with a slightly change in design.
See more pictures on the link in my signature(Ebb&Flow)

Mibri

arrgh, wasted most of today at my parents in law's. So tomorrow is the big day, where i'm gonna make the big ebb&flow system. It's gonna be really awsome. I'm not getting many replies on this thread, so let me know if you wanna see more. Maybe people have seen enough White Widow grows :confused:
Peace

killabrown420

Your on the right track, they look nice and healthy...once they get some rootmass they start to blow up like that..heheh its fun to watch for sure

I'm growing a widow cross and it looks mean! she looks just like some of your seedlings in veg. hope you don't mind a pic of what you might find in a couple months

I'm looking forward to seeing this healhty crop in your ebb and flow design...looks like it'll work perfect

good luck on the herer seeds....hope you find some special moms...if you find some variation keep it if its good, sometimes you can get burned out smoking the same bud, even if its really good so keep that in mind when selecting which ones you want to run again, and keep narrowing it down after you grow some different genetics. Time your grows so that you have new stuff ready to go in when plants come out. After a while you'll have some really good mom's and a routine in place...cruise control baby lol

im ramblin

:joint:

Mibri

mmmm. that plant definately looks nice. Thanks for the advice on the different strains. You probably made me keep a White Widow mother until i find others. I was thinking of only growing Jack in both trays, but think i'll have a couple of different strains running now.
Here are some pictures from today:26 days from seeds

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Keep with it man, others are busy too on the weekend. Are you going to clone the best one to SOG? If so Bend the seedlings over and let the side shoots get bigger, you should get 4-5 clones from each seed plant. Even if that's not what you plan to do, being that they are female seeds, you should run 2-3 clones from each plant to get a good representation of each. You can place clone A1 under the light and clone A2 of to the side to see how it would do at less light levels. Something like that, because growth pattern and vigour are characteristics of a good mother canidate but you also want to like the high and potentcy

Mibri

imnotcrazy said:
Keep with it man, others are busy too on the weekend. Are you going to clone the best one to SOG? If so Bend the seedlings over and let the side shoots get bigger, you should get 4-5 clones from each seed plant. Even if that's not what you plan to do, being that they are female seeds, you should run 2-3 clones from each plant to get a good representation of each. You can place clone A1 under the light and clone A2 of to the side to see how it would do at less light levels. Something like that, because growth pattern and vigour are characteristics of a good mother canidate but you also want to like the high and potentcy
Hi again, m8
Yes, i'm gonna clone them, and figured i'd top them to make 6 bushy plants for this first flowering, then keep the tops for new mother plants, and then do as you explain. Just to get something going in the flower room soon. Wouldn't that be ok?

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
I don't know if you read the post I made in your othe thread, but you should take more than one cut from each plant to insure survival.

Latest posts

Latest posts