What's new

Hash from buds instead of trim leaves

I

istayapi

Hello,

Has anyone ever used there buds to make hash instead of just trim leaves.

Just curious to see if it would be worth it or not. I would like to smoke as little vegatable matter as possible for health reason.

thanks in advance for your input.

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
You sure can, the best hash and hash oil are from bud.
You get less, but is more potent.
How are you thinking of making your Hash?

Sin

I

istayapi

I was going to use bubble bags, i purchase the 5 gallon set.
do you have any idea on how much I should put in on the first run.

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
There are Hash Experts who can answer better than I can.
But those take a lot of Bud.
As much as you can get in leaving room for water and ice.
Hope you have a lot.
You can also do a run of the trim after your bud.

Sin

Keefhead

:wave:
Congrats on the new bags. Maybe I can be of some help.

First, yes, with whole bud you will get a better (cleaner) product, but the yield will be lower. I'm almost done stuffing 72 plants into the bubblebags, all buds, and got some great stuff back. Your return will be good with buds though. Like you, I make hash for risk reduction, especially after what I saw under the microscope. I hope to have pictures soon.

Freeze the buds well. Use LOTS of ice, stir with a wooden spoon by hand about 5 minutes the first run, let it sit for a while to let the trichs settle. You can use a mixer (low) for subsequent runs. Super ultra cold is what we need here - throughout the whole bucket. Man, I skipped a lot of tiny stuff, mostly "how I do it" stuff, but I think you get the gist of it.

Oh, another thing, I use multiple buckets, I find it easier to handle, and I don't like nesting them. The purity seems to be slightly lower when I nest them, but I'm not sure on that yet, I need more time with the microscope.

There's a great thread with lots of helpful information at http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40129 . Pay close attention to the postings by ben ttech and smily. The buckets they show are the same principle as the bubble bags, and most of the information is applicable to bags as well.

How much? I use 1 or 2 1-gal ziplocs for my runs. I can't say what the weights are since I go from plant to fresh frozen to bubble bags to lungs - and never measure anything. Not much help, am I...... :bat:

Potency of your hash is governed by three factors - the genetics, how they are grown, and the hash process. Good genetics and growth conditions are obvious. However, if your hash process is faulty, the best genetics will turn to trash. That's why I urge you to read the post mentioned above, and apply what you can to your own process.

Best of luck :woohoo:

K

G

for small amounts get a BHO extractor though, www.o'kief.com makes it easy, cheap, and good for small amounts too. I will buy bags once I have enough flow of buds, I just don't harvest 72 plants like lucky keefhead. His info is priceless tho, listen to what he says...

TheHashAssassin

flamengo, I am sorry but an O'Kief is NOT cheap. Hmmm pay $40 for a piece of stainless steel witha rubber stopper on one end, or pay $5 for a stainless steel turkey bster and $0.85 for a hose clamp to hold the filter on the end. you tell me which is cheaper.

Last edited:
G

Yeah, but some people just won't even go there on DIY. I like it and $40 is not much compared tothe delicioushoney and cool art I learned. I was intimidated by DIY at first. Now I could easily do it, maybe I'm retarded...LOL

G

Cool, I wish I had someone show me or had seen it with my own eyes to do it DIY before I bought the O'kief. I guess reading all the steps and info just made me more comfortable buying it online. Now I know I could probably do it myself, but I don't know if I would have made it myself just from hearing about it. Now I know they are cheap and easy to make as well as the process is not so complex as it seems ie. purging gases and all that...
Now that it's payed itself off and I've used it maybe 30 times, I would love to get one of those glass tubes to make a stealth BHO unit, that would be niiice.

Keefhead

I love watching the butane flow through the glass tube. Really cool (in more ways than one).

My first one was brass and copper. Very bad idea. I next went to a stainless baster. That was good. Then I found a pyrex baster. That was fun to watch till I dropped it. Then I tried to rig one using a piece of stainless pipe from a handicapped grab bar, and that was OK but not great. Then I got the O'kief, and I'm a happy camper.

I must say I really like my O'kief tube. The stand is real handy too. Of course, it helps that it was a gift from a friend. Now if I could just find Vector or Colibri by the case, and not attract attention.....

K

Latest posts

Latest posts