What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bubble washing machine

betterboy

anyone have the washing machine for the bubble bags? just wondering if ya do how ya like it. Im wanting to order the 7 or 8 bag kit but the bubble man is out of the 5 gal. bags. im not sure if i wanna wait for the bubble man to get more in or to order from okief but they ownly have a 4 bag or a 9 bag kit.
any thoughts or suggestions?
thanks

washing machine...

washing machine...

High betterboy, I use a regular washing machine and just filter everything as it comes out of the hose. Works wonders ! No bags inside the machine. Just dump all your trim and ice in the machine and turn it on the washing cycle and let it do its run to the rince cycle filtering everything as it comes out. Simple easy and no mess ! RR.

litebuzz

i have it...the jury is out. i must be doing something wrong. i throw the workbag in with all the trim and popcorn buds....the water is cold enough...i have it in the frig then i add crushed ice. now when i bought this thing it only comes with 2 other bags...a 220 and a 70. i'm thinking i still need another smaller bag. i made some this morning with good trim and popcorn buds. i did 2 runs. then when i opened up the workbag i could still see resin crystals so i decided to take that and make cannabutter. i did get some hash but i don't get these big looking dog poops that i've seen people post. maybe those are just closeup and look bigger. i'm a little disappointed but perhaps its me not doing something right.
it is a cool little unit...perhaps i just need more bags. just be careful when ordering...make sure you get a plug that works in your country.

Keefhead

Washing bubbles

Washing bubbles

betterboy - The washing machine? I presume you're talking about the bubbleator? Yeah, it only comes with the two filter bags, and they are just not enough. There's too much goodness in the middle trichs to just use the two bags. If you can afford it, I'd strongly suggest the 9-bag set from okief. Great filtering sizes, a very good design,, and well made. I've seen them, handled them, but not used them. I'm gonna get a set soon, as soon as I can afford it.

Redrooster - I love it. You are obviously in the upper class. I've seen (here) a lot of info on this conversion, and I wish I had the yield for it.

litebuzz - don't be too convinced that there are still crystals in there. What looks like crystals (trichs) are actually the stems and chrystolith(sp?) hairs. You don't want those in your hash - they are just contaminants and have no THC. You need a good microscope to see these clearly, but the RS one woll work (barely) and can give you some idea of your results.

Heh, don't worry about those dog poops. Some are closeups, some are from larger runs, and some are from plants with high yields, and sometimes ya just get lucky.

Best of luck to you all.

K

betterboy

Thanks for your thoughts guys, I've got bout 5lbs of dryed small leaf and a lot of green powder from trimming, this has been from my last 5 or so grows, hope its ok to use it, some is bout 7 months old.
RR , love that idea but isn't there a lot lost still in machine and hose or do ya run a few plain water washes?
assuming ya have a high resin leaf, any idea what kinda yeilds of hash ya get, sounds like a lot of leaf material is needed and a lot of work to get a small amt of hash.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
People say you should be happy with a 10% return, but expect it to be much less, depending on the quality of the trim and a few other factors.

High Betterboy, nothing is lost in the machine and you can run as many rinces as you want, but it is not needed. Good garbage should yield around 10%, depending on strain. The 70 micron is where the payload is,big trichs, between 25 and 70 microns you get smaller trichs that are real sticky. Simply let the exit hose of the washing machine empty into your bags one into the other(the bigger the bags the less you have to stop the machine before spilling).Importantly don`t put a bag inside the washing machine, just fill it up with trim, ice and water. RR.

bubbleman

Veteran
Or purchase an all screen washing machine bag, that will allow you to work in any washing machine you decide. Without filling it with leaf particles.
I would suggest also using multiople filter bags to catch your product, if you get 10% return, it iwll be all the grades mixed together. Cause there's no way yoru going to pull 10% of just 73u. Which is realy the money bag , and what people love to puff. That and the 120u, and the 45u. anyway let us know what you decide, with some pics if ya can.
Good luck
peace
bubble man

Yes, I have a washing machine that is used exclusively to wash buds and trim. Never tried washing pants in it after a bubbling match ! I like to mix bubble and dry sift for a superb taste and high. The best is to cure 6 months before pressing and another 6 months after pressing. I just Love this stuff ! Boom Shiva ! RR.

Latest posts

Latest posts