What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rene sure does melt

Here is a pic of the Rene hash, about 3kg of whole plant, tops to shake, aged for a year and then run through the bubble bags, 100 gram slab.

Truly a treat, and it does live up to it's reputation as being some of the finest hashish around. It is so soft and malleable that you have to keep it in the freezer, just outstanding.

Guest423

Veteran
nice...got any pics of her melting? i've read that rene is some of the finest if not the finest hash around....is it true?

I'll get some melty shots, I would not say the finest but definitely up there in the top of the heap with the Sweet Skunk and some other elites.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Good god man, there should be a law lol. I need to get my hands on some highend seeds, i believe that's the closest you can get to renee in seed form.

Keefhead

Moppel said:
i would love to have a clone of that strain....
Wouldn't we all? :yoinks: I've heard so much about that strain, but I suspect that crosses are all we can get. However, I wonder if those crosses might be even better?? ... It could happen...

Cannabis cowboy - I was wondering what the ash looked like after a good hit. Was it white or dark? Did the ash fall out of the bowl, or did you have to remove it? These may seem like odd questions, but they are influenced by genetics as well as the process. I'm just seeking to learn more about the characteristics of different strains and processes, and it's rare that I find someone that has made Rene hash, so I ask.

Great pics, by the way. The first two had me drooling, the other 5 were real inspirational. I gotta try making something with my hash...

Poor blue meanie. It's gotta hurt, having your hand burned off and all that.

K

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Closest i've found that has Rene in it is Highend from Legends

Breeder : Legends
Flowering Time : 9 weeks
Environment : Indoor/Outdoor
Seeds Per Pack : 10

Ahhhhh René, Where to truly begin with such a strain. Here in Vancouver British Columbia, is where I was to first come across this strain. A good friend at the time was growing large quantities of it, and was generous enough to give me his trim. The hash that was extracted from this trim was far superior to anything that was filling my bowl. We were all of course, just learning about the wonders of water extracted hashish, i.e. iceolator, bubblehash,etc. So the timing was perfect. The strain it was said, came from Montreal, and was named after the gentlemen who either bred, or acquired it. The genetics were said to be a Himalayan sativa crossed with an extremely pungent Skunk #1 male. Now for me, I cannot guarantee that lineage at all, as it was a story. What I can say about René, is that it holds that magical property I like to call THE FUNK. I’ve seen it in the Dank Ass Bitch(aka DAB), as well in the Cheese(that’s all the rage in the UK right now), and the Sour Diesel. I'm not saying these strains tasted alike at all, but it had this funk within its profile. To me, this makes a strain extra special. The melt factor on the René was, from the first day, jaw opening. Most of the people I was turning onto this René hash had never seen this type of quality. When posted on sites like Overgrow and Cannabis World, people believed it was a hoax. My excitement to be writing this is overwhelming, as I have smoked nothing but René bubblehash for over two years. This was the first two years I was in business with my bubblebag company, and those pictures of René bubblehash were integral in the timing of this all taking off. It has been almost five years now since we began this long strange trip, and I am very happy to be announcing here at Legends that the good old boys have acquired the original René, which is really what I am here to authenticate. As I am certain in the next few years you will be seeing a lot of Rene cross's as well as perhaps a pure René, coming out in seed form. However , if it is not from Legends Seeds one should, in the least proceed with caution. The first strains the boys are releasing with René genes involved, are some wonderful cross’s with DJ Shorts Blueberry male( the one that was used for his latest line). I Look forward to bubbling up some of the material from these seeds in the near future, and I'm certain I will be giving a full melt clear dome certification on top of the authenticity of the René genes that the good people at Legends Seeds have chosen to use. Give thanks to those that do this good work, in order to put the rest of you in a position where you can simply order. Rene is without a doubt one of my favourite ganja strains, and definitely my all time favourite hash making strain. Full melt, oh yeah all the way! ! by, 'Red, Legends Seeds'

keefhead- the ash does go white after you truly combust it, and what is left is somewhat stuck on the screen. It is clean hash although I do work it enough for a good quality/quantity ratio, approximately 5 or 6 minute mix with a drill and mud mixer. If someone were to lightly stir it or use a toothbrush like Perhaps does, the quantity would be much less, although the hash would be absolute liquid.

The Renee is a truly top notch quality strain although it did not like greenhouse conditions nor cold nights, as well as being a very poor yielder. I would definitely recommend the High End if you are looking for a similar narcotic stone, melty product , more vigour and yield that the Blue daddy has put into everything it has touched. There is only one Renee but i believe most growers and serious hash afficianados would keep it as a purely personal plant because of the yield. CC

Keefhead

WOW Chief, great information. Thanks for posting it here. Highend is on my list to buy.

Cowboy - Thanks for the response, and so quick too. I guess I'll be trying some of the strains here for a grow in the future. From what I've read they seem to have some traits that I'd like to play with.

And I am intreagued with your curing the material for a year. I'm just going to have to try that. I take it you find the extra effort and room to be worth it. Hmmm...

Back to lurking...

K

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Red you guys don't take credit cards? I hate having to wait for a payment to reach Canada, especially dealing with Canada post.

Red

Saving the Planet, One Seed At A Time
Sorry brother just the slow boat-waiting just makes it better-Seedbay carries them though.

bubbleman

Veteran
ahh the rene

ahh the rene

am soo happy to have this plant back under my arm. I have missed rene soooooo much over the past four to five years. That hash cowboy has pposted is soooo exactly what i was puffing on for almost 3 years straight. The rene bubble is still to this day by far my all time favorite hash> I smoked it for 2 plus years everyday and NEVER got sick of it.
I know have the two highend pheno's from TUG as well as the RENE original from my buddies . So seeing this posted just put a huge smile on my face.
Great job man. enjoy the rene. I konw im going to.
give thanks

Peace
bubble man

ps, hey chief, that should read at the end of those words you posted :
BY BUBBLEMAN.