Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Making Honey Oil Like A Pro, by Master Thai

Thread Title Search
Making Honey Oil Like A Pro, by Master Thai Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2006, 12:04 AM #1

Talking Making Honey Oil Like A Pro, by Master Thai

Peace !

Last edited by Master Thai; 07-10-2007 at 06:47 PM..

Old 10-24-2006, 09:52 AM #2
Misturemike
Buddha Hound

Misturemike is on a distinguished road
for what?

Isomers are molecules with the same chemical formula and often with the same kinds of bonds between atoms, but in which the atoms are arranged differently. That is to say, they have different structural formula. Many isomers share similar if not identical properties in most chemical contexts.

if this is the case, what is the point of doing this to any ISO or butane extracted hash? to get a oily consistancy at room temp? if you could master thai please explain what changes about the oil when done like this?
Misturemike is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2006, 09:05 PM #3
Misturemike
Buddha Hound

Thai,
I have been doing lots of research on the provided method of yours, and my conclusions are mixed. i beleieve what you doing does convert the cannbidiol to thc, but there has been no direct correlation between thc and how "high" you get. It is also said that the other cannaboids in the plant, cbn, cbc, cbd, all attribute to different mental states. the cannabis community seems to agree that THC, found highest in sativas traditionaly, creates a euphoric high and not so much couchlock. so if this is the desired effect of the oil, yes isomerizing would be a way to get more of the high feeling. where as if left alone and the other cannaboids that remain would theoreticaly get you more stoned, the indica way. i don't know if everyone gets what i'm saying but to me there is a big difference in a sativa, thc rich high, where the plant doesn't produce the same cannboids as an indica, which gives you that couchlock stone. so in conclusion i believe this extra process does have its benefits if your one to favor a a high "high", but counter productive if your trying to achieve a heavy "stone".

i think you'd be interested in THC acetate.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:22 PM #4
Misturemike
Buddha Hound

never made it myself but here is the way to THC acetate!

Last edited by Misturemike; 10-24-2006 at 09:24 PM..

Old 10-25-2006, 04:16 AM #5
Shafto

Shafto has a spectacular aura aboutShafto has a spectacular aura aboutShafto has a spectacular aura aboutShafto has a spectacular aura aboutShafto has a spectacular aura about
I have that book too Misturemike, it's called

Cannabis Alchemy
The Art of Modern Hashmaking

it was first published in 1973, not so modern anymore... I've personally tried oils made every way imaginable, I enjoy BHO made the standard way with my style of purge more than anything else, the flavour of the weed is very delicate, easy to destroy, BHO preserves this flavour the best, as long as not over purged.. the only thing with BHO or any technique where the bud is only exposed to the solvent for a short amount of time you do sacrifice some yield, but it's worth it for the tasty goodness.. the book technique will yield much more, but you have to go through many steps to remove the impurities also extracted with a longer wash (reflux) and less flavour is preserved... all in all, I like BHO product more, and you can't beat the ease of use.

Last edited by Shafto; 10-25-2006 at 04:18 AM..
Shafto is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2006, 04:23 AM #6
Hashmasta-Kut
honey oil addict

Hashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud of
sacrifice yield? i get anyhwere from 15-23 percent from good bud from good strains.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:47 AM #7
Misturemike
Buddha Hound

i personally like bho too.... for the record, i'm just interested in all things hashy! and HMK i'm with you on the yield.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:50 AM #8
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivor
I don't like oil much but Master Thai has one thing very wrong. Converting the CBD is not going to make most bud any stronger as most domestic grown bud has little to no CBD anyway. Unless you are smoking hemp. CBD conversion is a waste of time with no benefit.
-SamS
Sam_Skunkman is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2006, 04:25 PM #9
Hashmasta-Kut
honey oil addict

Hashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud of
reeferman had some red congo oil i made one time and said it would win a hash/oil competition no problem. one of the tastiest concentrates he ever smoked.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:26 PM #10
ilife
Banned

ilife has a spectacular aura aboutilife has a spectacular aura aboutilife has a spectacular aura about
CO2

How come nobody talks about using CO2, its alot safer and healthier, plus you yield more?????? This is the Professioanl way!!!! Extracting Frozen Trichomes......
ilife is offline Quote