What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jumbo Stealth Grow

badgr

A brief history of my work in pictures:
Grow Keg (First Attempt and worked well except for size)
Grow Box (2nd go at Growing and went into heavy research NGB etc.. But the rents found out what it was for so I can no longer use)
Grow Fridge (my proudest work, was a great stealth unit. I invested soooo much damn time into it but none of that matters b/c I was caught while working on a CO2 generator. I got kicked out and now have my own place)
I decided this time i would start off a bit bigger and have room for my knowledge to expand as well as my crop. I went with the idea of using a Jumbo size office cabinet. It will be great. I'm going to have a T5 light setup for flowering and a reg floro Veg/Mother/Clone. The bottom portion will be for Flowering, the mid will be for Veg/Mother/Clone's and the top will be for the components. Hope you get the idea I'm going for. I'll be drawing up some plans and posting on this thread so stay tuned. Thanks for looking. I have been jumping Mary Jane grow websites since overgrow went down. I have high hopes that ICMAG is the closest to what I'm looking for.

Grow Fridge Flower Chamber

Grow Fridge Side

Grow Fridge Back

Grow Fridge Side

Grow Keg Inside

Cool tube for Grow Keg

Top of Grow Keg

Front of Grow Keg

NGB style Box

NGB style Box w/ lights on

NEW Jumbo Cab Inside

NEW Jumbo Cab Front

NEW Jumbo Cab Side W/ Temp Controller

If any one would like more pictures or info on my past projects please PM me and I'll be glad to help.

BADGR

Last edited:
J

Jam Master Jaco

Wow man. That is some great work right there, completely stealth, proper ventilation...wow. :wave:

badgr

Jumbo Setup

Jumbo Setup

Well I have been thinking some more and although I'll have to wait for some of the equipment due to lack of money I'm going to use similar equipment to this one only with a mother/veg area that is much bigger and the flower chamber will be smaller but i plan on using a bit smaller hydro set up. Let me know what you think. As far as i can tell the cabinet they used is identical. I just bought that cab and it cost me almost 400$$ but it's worth it. I don't have to build some wood contraption and have to deal with all of the work and cutting etc...
MY Cab

My Cab

Last edited:

badgr

HPS ??

HPS ??

I'm thinking of going in a different dirrection now that i have seen the results and prices of the T5 stuff.
May go with:
2 400w HPS for flower and 2 4' T8 floresent tubes in the flower chamber as well
In the veg chamber i'm going to go with a pre built fixture 4' 6bulb t8 floro.

I should be able to get those lights up and running much faster than if I had to wait and buy the T5's on e-bay.

2 Single T8 Tubes for additional lighting in the flower chamber.
324700.jpg

2 400w HPS lights i'll be doing mine in 2 2' pyrex cooltube's .
325346.jpg

The big ol' 4' 6 bulb veg chamber light.
325083.jpg

Also will go with 2 Stanely Blowers one for the cool tube and one for the cab
046013247407_3.jpg

G

keep up the great work! with stealth like this i see many a bountiful harvest in your future

badgr

Thanks, I always end up making these great stealth boxes but never get all the way to flower. This time will be diffrent. Talk about trial and error. I sure have learned alot about building a well ventalated cab but still am yet to deal with many of the flowering drying and curing issues. I'll keep posting my changes.

badgr

The Plan

The Plan

Well i have almost everything i need to begin construction. I just recieved my Brand New 2 400w HPS and 6 T8 floro's. I have a weak little plan I made on paint eairlyer. I don't know all the details of what i'll be doing but this will give you an idea. I do have some major questions about exhausting both chambers, I know i'm going to have one of my blowers just for the cool tube and the other should be able to handle both chambers. I'll have to seal off each camber any way due to light cycle changes. Let me know if it looks like it won't work.

badgr

Update; Installed the Veg/Mother/Clone Chamber floro's. 6 T8's Daylight color bulbs, i don't know if they are the best color spectrium for veg but the do look more like MH so they can't be bad.
Supplys Supplys Supplys, I think i have everything i need. Cost a bit over 1000 i would estimate. More updates to come tomorrow, that's what the weekend is for.
Supplys and Clutter.

Clutter for now

Floro Tube in Veg Chamber

My 90gal Saltwater Tank

badgr

Oh Yea, I also hooked up and grounded the FLoros. I installed an alu.. support bar to support the weight's of the ballests. Started the slow process of sealing off each section.

Last edited:

badgr

If any of you would like me to keep updating this thread please give me a yea or nay. Any way my Stanley Blowers came in so i wen to the store to get some parts to mod them. Should be fun but I have to take the floro shelf down to install them. May end up being a bit lower then it is now but nothing major.

Last edited:

D0nC0smic

looks great, i love the plans, is it safe to assume that the black thing at the top that both chammbers vent into and is attached to the second fan in a carbon filter?

badgr

The carbon filter will be attached to the second stanley blower. The one on the right.
I just airbrushed it in real fast, not what the carbon filter will look like but it gives you an idea of it's location. The air gets pulled through it.

G

this guy is a cabinet building monster....are you a doctor or something...everything is so clean...nice work my friend...fantastic fish tank aswell...peace

badgr

Thanks for the great feedback :cool: . I'm not a doctor, just a common handyman. I love building and designing these things. Today i'll be installing the dual 400w cool tubes. Look for the update.

SteelDieHard

Outstanding work, badgr! I love watching you build what has already been designed in your head. :smile:

GL the rest of the way, and I for one will be watchin' and learnin'.

Later,

SDH