What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

**Lets fog it up : DIY fog cloner

fuzygrowth

Hey guys... bringing another DIY project to the table. today i decided to build a fog cloner. most of this stuff was just sitting around so why not put it to use right. gonna be posting alot of pics as they explain a whole lot better then i'll ever be able to . get on with it

We start here with the stuff we'll be using, an ultrasonic humidifier, some plumbing fittings and a rubbermaid bin of course.

8110DSC02086.JPG

first thing we need to do is build a stand for this sucker to go on

8110DSC02087.JPG

8110DSC02088.JPG

second thing i did was make an indentation on the inside of the rubbermaid bin right in the middle, this way our bulkhead will be lower and most of the condensation will drain to the middle and back into the humidifier. best way to make this indentation is to heat it up with a heat gun and press something solid from the inside out, like the bottom of a glass or something.. then pour in some water to cool it off rapidly and the dent stays.. get it?? cool

8110DSC02090-med.JPG

8110DSC02089-med.JPG

so now thats all set, next order of builsness is to make your bulkhead, the smaller the proflile the less water will acumulate inside the bin due to condensation. what we have here are regular pvc fittings from the electrical department of lowes, modified to our needs.

8110DSC02091.JPG

now you gonna want to cut as much of that fitting as you can so it's not sticking up a couple of inches, which means it'll take a couple of inches for to even drain through it... so we cut it down to this using the saw any saw will do.

8110DSC02092.JPG

now even though thats looks alright, it's not good enough. we gonna griend it down in order to get the lowest profile possible , so to the grinder we go

8110DSC02094.JPG

and afterwards we have this perfectly flush bulkhead.. something like this premade would cost you around 6-10-15 bucks depending on where you shop online. you sure as hell wont find it at home depot unless you modify it as we have.
8110DSC02097.JPG

8110DSC02098.JPG

not lets go stick in the tub were it belongs
now i didn't have the rubber seal hanging around the shop so silicone was used instead... all the same if you ask me.

8110DSC02099.JPG

8110DSC02100.JPG

hook that sucker up to your ultra sonic... i've done it using a few fittings and some epoxy here and there.. there's probably way better ways of doing this but like i said earlier, i'm working with shit thats laying around, i'll probably regret it later and have to reconfigure this stuff maybe, do whats best for you is what i'm trying to say i guess.

8110DSC02116.JPG

here's what it looks like with no lid

8110DSC02117.JPG

8110DSC02119.JPG

k.. now we got that all figured out, we are ready to start making our lid. this is simple to do, just takes a little while, have a pack of cigs ready and it'll fly by . get your lid and measure out where you want the holes... in my case i did 1 inch holes spread apart at 2 inches on center. i've found this is a good spacing for clones
8110DSC02120.JPG

then you start drilling the shit out of the lid. i made 1 inch using this 1 inch weird auger thingie . it worked well, you can use a hole saw or even a spade bit if you wanted to.

8110DSC02121.JPG

thats half way done once you get it completely finished with all the holes.... it'll look a lil something like this
8110DSC02123.JPG

now, before we start loading um up with clones we have to make those little clone holder thingies... if anyone knows a better way to describe this plesase let me know as i feel retarded calling it "clone holder thingies" ..so anyway, we need a few of those.. in this case 54 at least. they are made of pipe insulation, you can buy it at home depot or lowes, pretty chea. we cut it down to 1/2 inch or so pieces.

8110DSC02124.JPG

thats what they look like. now we can start filling our cloner

Just a start
8110DSC02126.JPG

here it's completely filled
8110DSC02127.JPG

thats it... this sucker is complete and ready to do it's job.. .it's my first time trying this out so i'll just be leaving it on for 24/7 and see what happens. any questions feel free to hit me up i guess this ambian is kicking in right now and i might have to redo this whole damn post tomorrow.. lemme know if it's retarded..... see ya at the chat.

Xtrakritical

Aww yeah, I been looking for another DIY I could actually use!
where's the duct tape? :chin:
Great job as usual fuzy! no water to spill? :woohoo:

Keep up the great work bud!

Xtra

guineapig

Veteran
what a wonderful fogger....:yoinks:.....your DIY talent is impressive....most impressive!!!!

fuzy for new DIY guru!!! :woohoo:

Sauce

Great job that thing looks really cool with the fog coming out everywhere. I'm excited to see how the roots come out.

My only concern is couldn't a bubble or aero cloner be built easier for less $?

Would give you some rep but I can't atm.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
i cant wait to see a tub of white roots dude
like i said in chat, you may have to cycle it.
heres hopin for rootage :yes: be good fuzy

G

That real nice fuzzy,you using any rooting hormone or no?EDIT You know those cool mist humidifiers with a visable mist work as a great natural mite repellent in the veg phase,I dont think I've had mites since I started using it in veg

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Weird... I just had this exact idea a few days ago and I was going to post it, but I decided it would be a better idea to take a nap...

I was thinking about using some of those fogger discs that are used in little fog-fountains that you see on display sometimes. You can get them at this website here, but that humidifier looks like it really gets the job done.

steveoi812

Very nice thead. I just cloned for the first time yesterday. I would love to build something like this myself. no humidity dome or anything like that is needed for something like this though?

Thanks bro

G

No stevo no dome is needed,the domes are to mist and keep the environment humid.This constantly stays humid without a dome

fuzygrowth

thanks for the compliments fellas. if this thing works out a bigger one will be built, i think thats enough fog for a pretty big container. using 0 ppm water is probably key in using a cheap fogger like this as there's no build up on the fogging element. i have no idea what the temp is in the chamber, today i'll put in a thermometer in there and take a reading tomorrow.

as far as cycling it, hope i don't have to but of course we'll do what we have to do right. i love putting everything on 24/7 . the aerocloner is 24/7, the aeroflow is 24/7, the gutter system is 24/7 , the fans are 24/7, until recently all of my vegging was 24/7. basically it's really easy to set the timer for 24/7 :)

if in 10 days they look good, i suggest everyone build one of these, it cost probably about 45 dollars to build if you were to buy everything new. alot less for us scavengers.

Latest posts

Latest posts