What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sources for Mesh?

DeVenT

Anyone know of any sources for stainless steel mesh is the approprate microns sizes? ie, 120, 90, ect? I can think of a few things I'd like to make with it if I could ever find a place to get it.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Good god mcmaster car is expensive. Silkscreen which is actually polymono can last a long time if you make sure sharp stems aren't in the mix. Stainless on the other hand is almost indestructable. For example, i have a stainless mesh drum for my tumbler and i can even tumble stems with no worries. Most people wouldn't tumble stems but i have a couple strains where the stems a packed with trichomes.

DeVenT

I know really nothing about silkscreen. Never been around it...that I know of anyways. I just know that S.S. is tough stuff.

ben ttech

ordering silk screen to match a given opening size is a DAUNTING task in the states...
they dont print the opening size on the fabric... which make for a real clusterfuck of a time trying to get someone on the phone to look up some DETAIL they have NEVER been asked for before...

not to mention your looking for the MINIMUM order... so taking your call... instead of moving on to the next one were the buyer wants 100 times as much as you and isnt asking weird questions is MUCH better for that phone jockey...

its a real drag...

the fabric is printed with the thread diameter and the thread count per inch...
you need to learn how to do the math formula which will tell you the opening diameters using those two figures...

then you gotta find a place that is GIANT enough to offer that huge a spectrum of poly cloths...

most places only sell a short selection... stuff the printer go through all the time...

SS mesh is a whole nother animal though...
best of luck!

DeVenT

Yea, I haven't found it anywhere yet. I figured that some of the local headshops would have it but nope :( McMaster car does as GOT BUD? posted but I think they are like Grainger, you might have to have a business account to shop with them....not positive on that though.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DeVenT said:
Yea, I haven't found it anywhere yet. I figured that some of the local headshops would have it but nope :( McMaster car does as GOT BUD? posted but I think they are like Grainger, you might have to have a business account to shop with them....not positive on that though.
You do not. I have purchased from them many times. Grainger as well. You just need to use a credit card and call them. They'll take your info, and that's your account.

Or shop with them online. That's even easier.

Keefhead

GOT_BUD? said:
Excellent place for screen. I've bought from them several times, and the quality was excellent. Pic showing why if you want it - I don't want to hijack the thread.

The important thing to us though is not the TPI but the micron opening. I came across this a long time ago, not sure where 'cause I'd like to give them credit. It shows their TPI data, and the corresponding micron opening. Anyway:

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Keefhead said:
Excellent place for screen. I've bought from them several times, and the quality was excellent. Pic showing why if you want it - I don't want to hijack the thread.

The important thing to us though is not the TPI but the micron opening. I came across this a long time ago, not sure where 'cause I'd like to give them credit. It shows their TPI data, and the corresponding micron opening. Anyway:

I hope this helps.
I've had that same conversion chart on my computer for a while now :D

Handy as hell.

muggsie

hey DeVenT, try any local mining supply stores or on line, they have all sizes of screens premade in a deep cake pan style. supposed to be for gold...lol

G

They can be bought at some art stores. They are used for silkscreening on t-shitrs and such.
I got this set at the pollinator in Amsterdam.
Peace
MOD

I GOT A 24''X16'' ,110 MICRON MESH COUNT AND 80 MICRON THREAD DIAMETER OFF EBAY FOR 11.00$ PLUUS SHIPPING CAME OUT TO 15.00$, THEY GOT A WEBSITE CALLED THE SCREENBUDDY.COM, NOW I GOT TO GO FIND A BOX FRAME AND IM IN BUSINESS!

Latest posts

Latest posts