What's new

Very bored engineer

flamableliquid

I am a very bored person. I have acquired a taste for good hash. I am planning on building a press similar to a pill press but .5inch round. I plan on taking Kif and putting into the press and pressing duhh. but was entertaining the idea of heating it to say 150F then press. then cool to well say -190F (i have a cheep source for ln2) then heat then press and repeat. one buddy of mine said when he was pressing his kif he would put it in the freezer and then press and then heat then press then freeze and so on.
do any of you see a advantage to this method?
i know its a bit overboard but well it cant hurt anything but my wallet.
also NO ln2 or water will ever contact the kif as the tolerance for the press are .0001 so thats pretty tight and if there is water leakage ill insert a o-ring.
also another question what is the best sizes for say a 4 or 6 stage sieves for kif extraction?

thanks.

Last edited:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Good kief with little contams should press very easily without outside influence (heat). The only time i felt a need to use heat was to press less pure kief.

Misturemike

i like to heat press hash to make it less like sandstone, that the only way i can describe it, un-heat treated press hash crumbles a lot easier than when heated. heating allows it to all congeal into one solid mass. i find in this state is a much easier way to use. freezing however does not do anything once you already pressed it, freezing the press hash in between heating is monotonous and not needed IMHO.

Hash strains press easely when pure. Some strains are really hard to press even when they are very pure, I think it depends on the thickness of the wax surrounding the resin. Sandy texture is defenitly not pure enough. Use screens in the 150 to 120 micron range for dry sift and 150 to 25 microns for water and ice method. RR.

O

OHenry

Bubble hash or ice-o-lator can be double pressed to remove more liquids from what I've gathered. After a day @ Nol's in Haarlem he explained a method of rolling it out, freezing, thawing, then roll again to freeze. I'm assuming this would help remove moisture and affect the consistency of the hash.

Katsu had what appeared to be an bubble, rolled out, and frozen, for sale. Some nice stuff. Some believed it to be BHO. Dunno though. Just remember it tore my lungs apart. Cheers! Oh