What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Godzuki Test Grow

G

Ok, here's the deal. Got these seeds i'm calling Godzuki for the little green cartoon i would watch when growing up. Well i took my two different Green Giants and crossed them with my male Thai. I'm getting ready to send in 6 packs to have posted on Seedbay and i wanted to germ test them to make sure there isn't any problems for the buyers. I'm going to grow these out also, so the buyers can stop in and ask questions. They also will be able to see what came of the crosses. Once these are going, i got some other crosses that are going to be coming in. Some of you are waiting on the Thai x Thai and you will be the first to get them, but there will be some posted on Seedbay also for others to buy. The price to start will be low, since i'm not in it for the money, so don't worry. Well, here is the baggy and let's hope tomorrow we have a nice germ rate.
Later
63Godzuki_Germ_Test-med.JPG

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Cool. Ill be watching this thread. Wish you the best of luck, i'll bet their be some huge monsters :D

bartender187

Last edited:
G

Thanks, for the help. Also, once the germ test is done and the germ rate is good. Packs were going to contain 10 seeds like most, but then i thought. Well, everyone gets atleast 10 when ordering seeds, so i dropped 20-21 seeds in each baggy. Most of the little baggy will have 20 seeds in them.

As for the two Green Giants used in the mix.

Green Giant #1
I call her ther Peter Pan plant. She would get a main cola everytime bigger then a Peter Pan jar. Very big cola and side buds

Green Gaint #2
This plant would have alot denser buds and i mean tight. With a shit load of resin. The resin would start to show up about two-three weeks just into 12/12 and pack it on.

Both of them have a stony high and very strong. You won't be getting out of your lazy boy for sometime with this stuff.

Well the male Thai is a strong and fast plant. Nice leaf structor and very nice color. I didn't get a chance to try and smoke some of him, because i had the pollen wipe out a whole crop of GG, so i was pressed for time to get him out of there. You can check out pictures of all these plant in my gallary
Thanks

G

Bad news and good news

Bad news and good news

Ok, me being new at making seeds i didn't give them time to dry out. I was talk with Capt. Crip and was told they need to dry for sometime. You learn something new every day. The germ rate is low but they are popping alomst every day with strong tap roots. I think the problem as CC was telling me is that the shells are super hard. I'm going to post a picture of the feed seedling and i'm going to grow them out for everyone to see. I'm going to hold off on sending seeds in tell the germ rate it better. So, far i have a total of five out the bunch and thats about 1/3. I"m sure the other will pop since they still look new and fat. I'm atleast glad that the seed are growing since i made these and was alittle worried but all is well. I'll post more info as the plants get bigger.
Later
63Godzuki_7-19-med.JPG

63Godzuki_7-19a-med.JPG

G

what happened to the thread BillyGoat? I am very interested in seeing how this test grow went/is going. Has anybody else started a test grow thread for these somewhere? Can you link me?

G

I ran out of room at my site and gave them away to a buddy. About 75% of them germed and the seeds were pretty fresh. I'm sure since the seeds are good and dry the germ rate should be close to 100% if not. I'll try to get some picture from him and post them. I don't know if anyone has dropped them as of yet, but i'll let you know.
Thanks

G

I have had 3/4 godzuki germ...
still waiting on the OE and BB to do their thing...

G

Well that's good to hear about the Godzuki. Hope the best for the others. Let me know how they turn out. I'm curious to see them once you get them going..
Take care

G

thanks guys I do appreciate the feedback, Billy would you recommend vegging thse for less time because of the Thai? I was able to grow a pure landrace Caribbean sativa last time round, gave her 36 full days of veg but you wouldn't believe the maze of strings I had in the grow, tied that bitch down every which way, and she still came up at least 1.5 meters, with a 91 day flower period...crazy plant! Anyway, if you think they might get very large I'd appreciate the information (as I'm hoping to win the beans on SB) thanks!

G

It's going to be a guess at that, but i would think they would be more Green Giant then Thai, but i could be wrong. I wish i had more info on them, but it's going to be time till any of use know how well the cross went. I would think they are going to lean more toward the GG since the Male was Thai. I guess will see in a few since Grat3fulH3ad already has some going.
Thanks and good luck. I've got more at Seedbay, BUT if there is a problem with them. They will not go up for auction and i'll have to deal with the problem. I would think the shells are just very thick since they are very fresh, but i could be wrong. I will be watching this with a close eye. Don't want to have any problems with member being unhappy. If all works out, then i have plenty to go around for alot of people. I got plenty Godzuki at seedbay now and a bunch ready to mail. I also am going to donate some for the Magazine fun raising for ICMag and the 4:20, so look out for those once we see what these seeds are doing.
Thanks and good luck

G

Thanks

No, I'm at school and won't see any waves till about the second week of Oct. but on the good side of that. There should be some nice swells around that time and help me get back to surfing some size. I'm getting ready to hit the GYM pretty hard starting next monday and get back into shape. Should be feeling good and in shape by OCT. Also, got two new boards to test out and one new board to drop off to my brother. It should be a nice trip this OCT. Take and take to you later.

kyndone

i just hooked up with a native dude last week, who told me he could possibly get me some Godzuki cuts, but he was saying it was a G-13 cross, is there more than one Godzuki?, i posted this in another forum (strains), and i got sent over here, i live in S.D., and the last time i took a clone, (Afghani bullrider X purple kush/ bubble gum) the guy i got it from told me it was anyway, but i think i was misinformed in the beginning, my plant doesnt look like either of the three, i just want to make sure i know what im getting this time.,and do you have any pics of the little tyrant yet?, :)

bigbag

Veteran
theres already a Godbud and Godzilla, Godzuki may lead peeps 2 believe there a genetic correlation...

Billygoat

I'm the person that made the Godzuki cross that I did. Some people don't give a shit about other peoples work and just use other peoples names for crosses. It's happen before and I'm sure it will happen plenty times down the road.

As for me not being around and it say Guest. I was raided back in 2004 and went through allot of shit and money to get my ass out of trouble. I have since relocated to a save and more legal location.

As for the cross. This is how it went. I used two pheno's from the Green Giant line from Spice Brother seeds. Green Giant was made by Brother Grimm's seeds. The two pheno's of the GG where the mothers. I used a pure Thai male from seeds sourced out of Thailand. He was a strong, stout, and true male. Some members know that male as "Disco Pete". I used him in other crosses and he passed on some nice Thai genes.

I'm sure there are others out there using the name, but I did my cross back in 2002-2003. I hope this clear's things up some. Hit me up if anyone has any other questions. Oh, before anyone ask. No, I don't sell seeds here, maybe down the road. When I can produce more stock.
Take care,
BG