Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Chanting Growers Group

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Chanting Growers Group Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2008, 11:03 PM #7581
GeorgialouWho

GeorgialouWho has disabled reputation
Cool

go easy go easy go! My prayers are with you also....

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho

Old 02-05-2008, 12:11 AM #7582
GeorgialouWho

Cool

woohoo for more posts and I get to read my private messages!

From World Tribune, December 21, 2007. Study material for January Discussion meetings. We will be discussing this at the Dist(another district)., January 19th New Year's kickoff meeting. It is called "How Do You Define Yourself?

When you look at those of superior capacity, do not disparage yourself. The Buddha's true intention was that no one, even those of inferior capacity, be denied enlightenment. Conversely, when you compare yourself with persons of inferior capacity, do not be arrogant and overproud. Even persons of superior capacity may be excluded from enlightenment if they do not devote themselves wholeheartedly" (WND, vol 1, p. 62 Questions and Answers about Embracing the Lotus Sutra.)

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

georgialouWho

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:57 AM #7583
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

PassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgialouWho

I wanted to share this from Danny Nagashima from 2005:

You can analyze your situation all you want. You have to get to the root of why "I don't believe in the greatness of my life." You have to grab it by the roots and yank it out of your life. You must chant to awaken your own greatness. Chant to appreciate and value your life. The answer is probably so simple, but since we tend to over-analyze, it gets complicated and the solution seems far away. Your mission as a Buddhist is to become happy--not to master suffering. We have the negative and positive parts of us--one says 'who are you kidding', the other 'you can do it'. You have to fight to not give into your negativity. This is not about being a writer, artist, actor, etc., it's about becoming the man/woman you always wanted to become, a man/woman who really values his/her life.

THE OBSTACLES YOU FACE ARE THE ANSWER TO YOUR PRAYER

Those feelinsg of self-doubt, those feelings that 'I'm a failure' those are the feelings that I have to face and address. How you feel about yourself, that feeling of self-loathing of not being good enough, of being a sham... Those are the feelings that you have to face. Your talent is not being questioned; It's about how you feel about yourself. That is the karma. You have to value your own life, to appreciate that it has NOTHING to do with some one else validating you. Follow your heart, follow your Buddhahood, and the effect from that, the benefit from that, will be MASSIVE.

You need to follow your heart, truly treasure your life. When Nicheren Daishonin inscribed the Dai-Gohonzon, he was already chanting daimoku and out of the greatness of his life his Buddhahood, his enlightened state, he inscribed the Dai-Gohonzon for all humanity so that everyone could relieve his or her suffering. When you sit in front of the Gohonzon, and chant, you have to have the most reverence for your life. The Gohonzon is the embodiment of your enlightened life, the same as his, therefore your life deserves that kind of reverence.

If you chant for two weeks, to really be a man/woman of unimited self-esteem and to really, truly appreciate your life including your flaws, your accomplishments, your defeats, your losses, your victories, all you have created and truly APPRECIATE YOUR TALENT as (whatever you are) for two weeks, then EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE.

Forget about all the past 'garbage', put it away, that will only make you feel impotent. From today on really chant about being that man/woman of unlimited self-esteem. Really appreciate everything about your life; all the things about you that make you incredibly unique and wonderful. All your sufferings, problems, heartaches, will be the stuff you need, in order to share your experience, to encourage and inspire others with. Focus on really, truly awakening to your greatness. This is the opportunity (suffering, obstacles, lack of self-esteem) you needed to go through in order to become outrageously successful--so you can fulfill your dream. If you focus on this-really valuing your life now, then everything will fall into place and in a much bigger way. This is something no one can give you; the universe is showing you what you need to tackle. When you first chant this way, a lot of 'garbage' may come out of your life, a lot of negativity, awful feelings may surface, let it pass through you like flu, and transform the darkness. See the enlightened side of your fear. We always bring into our lives what matches our life condition. Chant to feel incredible joy about your worth. You will feel and know your self worth and greatness.

Your not being able to do whatever you determined to do is a manifestation deep down of your feeling of fear, that you are not good enough, that you do not have it in you. You must get yourself to a place where there is the greatness of your life, then everything will be transformed. We have to believe in our Buddhahood. When we face the Gohonzon, we should say, 'I'm going to praise my wonderful life.' It is important to awaken to your own greatness, your life is the Gohonzon, now is the time for you to start over.

When you pray to a deity, your prayer becomes passive, our life is the MYSTIC LAW. This law is not outside you. When you get a benefit, it was you who created it. You must awaken to your greatness, appreciate and value your own life. It is no different to the enlightened life of Nicheren Daishonin, embodied in the Gohonzon.

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

GeorgialouWho
Dear sister, please re-read your post from before. It's about winning or losing. In my experience, when one rationalizes what one is experiencing, one loses. No matter what may have occurred in the physical world, the reality expressed by our philosophy says that based on the truth of dependent origination, you both share the karma for whatever you two have experienced that has precipitated this event. As I know you’ll agree, there are no “victims” in Buddhism.

We all make karma, we all reflect karma, and everything around us is a medium of conveyance of this truth and reality of our lives that is of our own creation. Many of your friends here, while not expressing it outwardly in their posts, are going though equally difficult times. Trust that you are not the lone ranger in terms of magnitude of difficulty.

I also trust you will go out of your way to make your husband feel as equally comfortable here as you are, since you found it necessary to specifically qualify what his screen name is and what the two of you are going through. This isn’t the place to discuss your personal issues between one another, as I’m sure you’ll both agree. Unless ALL of the facts are discussed, it isn’t fair to reveal bits and pieces. I appreciate in advance the two of you respecting that point, and if you both want to bear it ALL do so, but not in bits and pieces as that leads to innuendo and prejudice.

And I also want to thank you for confirming to me that you somehow had access to my email! Gohonzon had been vibing me on that since your ‘outta here’ post. I had been worried about whether you had had a chance to read it after all. Trust that I never knowingly get in the middle of issues I view as circumstances of co-dependence without it having been able to be acknowledged by both parties in advance. In my experience, it never works.

I care so much for both of you! At a minimum, please know that I have chanted A LOT for BOTH of you and have every confidence that the course of events that transpire in your futures will lead you to the happiness you both deserve. Don’t accept what you are experiencing, if that experience is suffering! That’s BULLSHIT!

Don’t be sad, get mad! Get mad at your own fundamental darkness! If you take for granted that you are fundamentally light, and therefore this is all just a challenge to your happiness (a situation to endure) rather than a reflection of your faith and practice (a situation to change), then I think you risk missing the huge opportunity for personal growth that all of this crap is really there for you to do.

In other words, your children and everyone else around you need you to be on your game. YOU need to be on your game. It’s winning or losing, right? I hope at some point you can understand that this is where I am truly, from the bottom of my heart, coming from. Been there, done that.

It always ends up being, “It’s up to you!” Much love and deep respect,

Thomas

Old 02-05-2008, 06:56 AM #7584
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

PassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant futurePassTheDoobie has a brilliant future
The Daishonin states,
"Myo means to revive, (that is, to return to life.)"*
Let's live out our lives based on the Mystic Law,
and draw forth the power and strength to live from the very depth of our lives.
Let's be absolutely determined to play out
great victorious dramas of human life!

Daisaku Ikeda

* "The Daimoku of the Lotus Sutra" - WND-I, page 149

Old 02-05-2008, 12:41 PM #7585
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbabud
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Ok I have a question... lets see where this discussion takes us ? ... Just wondering is there any slander involved in having Nam Myoho Renge Kyo tattooed in like a band around my leg ? Would love to have it writtin in sanscript, japanese , and english bands. All three bands one above the other on my leg. Thoughts ??
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Since your Body is nothing more than a manifestation of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, I don't see how having it inked on, in itself, is a slander. The slander comes from intent and/or carelessness. Is it to be cool or is it because of genuine devotion to the Law? I would suggest against the leg because it is basically a lower part of the body. Would it be a slander to have your piss accidently run over words you put there? In my opinion, yes. One has a responsibility to honor the Law by one's actions.

This is just my personal opinion, but if I was going to tattoo myself, as I have considered exactly what you are, I wouldn't go below the bottom of my heart. That gives you plenty of space and keeps the words from bodily functions and the body parts that facilitate them. As far as the words are concerned, if you go with Sanskrit, it is no longer going to say 'Nam-myoho-renge-kyo' as far as sound is concerned. May I suggest instead the three lines of the Sutra Book. The top tiny row is Japanese, next is classical Chinese, and of course we read from the line of transliterated English letters. Did that help?

T

Old 02-05-2008, 01:41 PM #7586
EasyMyohoDisco

Hello!

Good morning, I was just singing this song in my head a little while ago and wanted to share it with everyone, its the theme song from the hit 90s comedy show "In Living Color" just an excerpt-
"You could Doooooo whatcha wanna do in Living Color"
Baritone Voice "In Living Color".... I feel great I feel colorful We are going to really do well in February, I'm launching myself with a strong determination to focus on faith, practice and study more consistently and live free.

Yes, Its refreshing to chant every morning, its better if you chanted at night too because you goto sleep refreshed and wake up refreshed only to freshen up your spirit even more, The mirror gleams light like Georgia says! It just amazing to me to be able to convey my energy in a script translated by energy driven computers! I must admit dependence upon Gohonzon now in my life because I'm putting it all out there and just doing the best I can to work on kosen-rufu everyday. Someone told me in school last night I looked exhausted, but today I feel great and that's what matters to me, a good present and an amazing future. Birth and Death are not suffering but celebrations seems like the refreshment of Morning and evening Gongyo now that I think about it, lol. Anyway, truth be told I'm here with you now.... Let's keep Babbas next victory within the crosshairs, Socals amazing posts flowing, Bonzos amazing encouragement cascading on icmag, Scegy's latest experience towards having a Gohonzon enshrined in his home and SouthernGirl and GordyP's next experiences and a big hello from Dutchgrown as well as the truth told by Hitman one of the original members from PAGE 1 POST 1! Plus more from recent participants and old including Mr.Wags, Baccas125, Bartender187, AlwaystotheLeft, LeonardodaVinci, Sleepy, Treehuggers, Desi, Chris (Payaso), and everyone else that slips my mind like Capt.Crip and everyone.

I'm proud to be a part of this Group, we are really a 24/7 meeting and keeping my ass in check, gotta keep whooping the devil everytime he attacks! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!

Last edited by EasyMyohoDisco; 02-05-2008 at 01:45 PM..

Old 02-05-2008, 04:59 PM #7587
GeorgialouWho

Cool

Wow T much apologies for offending you in anyway; you obviously didn't really read my heart. President Ikeda is always talking about the heart. I know how you didn't really read my posts because I have always gone out of my way to make my husband feel comfortable and here would be no different. YOu are not the only one with intuition or vibe from the gohonzon. I am very well aware that this is an open to all thread but lets not kid ourselves there are mostly men in here and I have been already feeling the gender divide in our lives; which i find bs. I already apologized before for projecting that onto this thread. I don't have access to your email and wouldn't know how to. YOu also didn't get the fact that because of our practice we have been able to get along and be compassionate with each other and still be able to be at meetings together, go to our son's (who is type 1 diabetic) doctors appointments which are far away and we travel together; we celebrated my birthday together. When the Babas come over we all hang out together. We truly love and respect each other and know this is karma we are finishing out from previous lives. I am not justifying anything. I never have NOT gotten it from the beginning that this is my karma...from the beginning.
I get it is all me and do you get that what comes up in this thread is all YOU?
YOu don't get to berate me then tell me that you are chanting for me and my family that is NOT the SGI way that is the priesthood way....President Ikeda is always talking about the heart......from my heart to yours
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
GeorgialouWho

Old 02-05-2008, 06:31 PM #7588
GeorgialouWho

Cool

Okay one quick question for you PTB: what would be be the difference between me sharing at an actual meeting and sharing here. I would be using dd's real name and there is nothing wrong with me sharing MY experience; if I gave details then there would be judgement,etc, I was sharing MY experience and I have in no way slandered him in anyway; I was sharing what I am going through and believe me our kids our first and foremost in our minds and our hearts. Trying re reading my post....happy new moon!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

GeorgialouWho

Old 02-05-2008, 06:50 PM #7589
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

This isn't a district meeting. It has never been conveyed as one and will never be one. That's the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgialouWho

I get it is all me and do you get that what comes up in this thread is all YOU?
YOu don't get to berate me then tell me that you are chanting for me and my family that is NOT the SGI way that is the priesthood way....President Ikeda is always talking about the heart......from my heart to yours
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
GeorgialouWho
How have I berated you??? And when did I say anything about you offending me? Did I somehow imply that you didn't know that this was your own karma? I don't think in anyway that is what I said. But I'm sorry if I did, I sure didn't mean to.

My point is that a lot of your posts are about your divorce and all the pain it is causing you rather than your goals for the future and your determination to change things. You can rationalize yourself anyway you want to sweetie. There is no gender divide here. That is not the case at all.

I was also not saying that you were making your husband feel uncomfortable here. I was asking that you not say things to make him feel uncomfortable. Continuously bringing up what you two are going through is making ME uncomfortable! I think by now we all get the picture. And we have all expressed sincerely, our support for you.

I can and have chanted a LOT for you, especially in the last week. If you don't believe that, there is nothing I can do about it. And by the way, the email I was referring to was the first one I sent to D and I think you know that. You used the word 'neutral' way too many times and I chanted too much about it to not believe that, no matter what you say.

The heart can also be used as a tool of manipulation. Do you know how many times you have posted that you have a child that is a type1 diabetic? I don't have much time for that. That's just me, but I've been like that here for going on four years. Sorry!

I am trying to help, not hurt. Believe that or don't. I've reread your post several times.

T

Old 02-05-2008, 07:03 PM #7590
GeorgialouWho

Cool

ITS ALL GOOD IN THE 'HOOD!

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

GeorgialouWho

Thread Closed