What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

De-bugging mulch question - Sevin?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I put pine straw on my potted soil cause it was icing outside and it was what I could get. I know better than to use pine, so I picked up some wheat straw today while at the feed store getting food for the pond fish. IMO, the straw might be a good way to need IPM, which I don't have yet.

I pre-nest my Martin gourds with pine straw that I treat with a dusting of Sevin before I put it in. The birds and babies do just fine, and mites are always a threat. It's what I am doing today - got 64 gourds to get up. Mites are what I target with the seven.

Can I treat my wheat straw mulch with Sevin dust before I put it on the living soil, to thwart the mites that surely infest the straw? I will need to top feed and water through it, so Sevin will get into the soil if I do. My body doesn't care.

Shoulda asked Chris.

dammit.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I did, he thinks I am an idiot. The bird gourds are still getting the stuff. How do you delete a thread?

It would be nice if a stoned thread author could quietly delete a thread with this new fangled software.

Last edited: