What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Led coverage

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Trying to get my head around led light spread
Whats going to be the best in a tent ?
4 x ts or 2 x sp or 1 x fc

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'd go 1 TS and 1 SP, for the wider spectrum range. Even coverage FC is prob gonna be better, but just guessing here, which I know you could have done. Just added comment out of boredom.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
I'd go 1 TS and 1 SP, for the wider spectrum range. Even coverage FC is prob gonna be better, but just guessing here, which I know you could have done. Just added comment out of boredom.

It says the ts600 is ok for 2x2 flowering, so thinking 4 of them in a 4x4 ,would that be better coverage than a ts2000 or fc 6500.idk im bored too lol

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I've got the tsl2000 and 2 ts1000 daisy chained. Of the two options, 2 ts1000 is a better option for 20 quid extra. It just gives more flexibility. I'd try to mix the spectrum a little though if you're not hypersensitive to UV rays. The 600 seems smaller than I'd go for flowering. Deffo go with 1000 on the ts. I'm not good enough on the line to know the equivalent in sp.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
[No message]

Attachments

• photo2056224.jpg
    photo2056224.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 39
  • photo2056225.jpg
    photo2056225.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 38
  • photo2056226.jpg
    photo2056226.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 43
  • photo2056226.jpg
    photo2056226.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 35

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
You want 600w to play with. You could go lower with the samsung based units as they are more efficient. No less than 450w though.

I'm unsure of the model numbers as they have no real resemblance of the tech spec

f-e

Mentor
Veteran

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Yeah, 300w per meter. I would call that a start. Though 450w can see some great results. Is there an fc-6500 ?

If plants are illegal, but lights are not, then lighting your area fully is important. I'm guessing the fc-4800 in a 1.2 is going to give a ppfd around 500umol. Perhaps someone should check my maths though.

The average PPFD of FC4800 in 4x4ft is more than 500umol. check the data on our website. www.mars-hydro.com

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Did it look like something was wrong?

just learning with leds..been watching video and learning the technology..watched a great comparison vid about sp3000 .bit out my price range: (

If SP3000 is out your price range, pls have a look at the TSL2000. It also can cover 2x4ft tent.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Any old or damaged units that work available send em my way please 🙏 I'll do you a lovely review and diary