What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Autoflower- flowertime- manipulate it short as possible

Veggia farmer

Hello :tiphat:

I hate routines and schedules and try to force myself into that as hard as possible this days in some setups.

This means I have messed up the schedule for the weekly clones (life happens when we are busy planning it- Lennon) and want to use some AF seed instead of the weekly clones.

Im in a timeframe of 10weeks from plant to harvest. But I have never really harvest AF seeds in 10 weeks, OFC I can stretch it a little but then I mess up the schedule on the other side again, which is ok, but taken in it to consideration.

Im doing some seeds of LBH auto Kush line and LBH Sour Diesel Haze. Homemade seedrun for personal use, so F1 and F2 from when I got the lines.

Soooo, What are the best way of manipulating short flowering time in AF seeds?

*Hot enough temps ( AF genes flower gene is also trigger by ambient temps)

* Less N

* Light intensity?

*Root Restriction ? Just for the sake of knowledge.

* Anything else?

Much Love in Veggies

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I'm not sure maybe treat autos more like photos and go down with light hours?
Tried this with some auto amnesia some year ago. I veg them with clones and seedlings and by the time they started flowering the photos were big enough so i flipped. The auto amnesia worked good with the photos and got as big with maybe a little less harvest. They got ready as described iirc ~10 weeks. So maybe wait with reducing light hours for peak bloom and full flowerproduction so u get more harvest.

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi buddy !

Hi buddy !

You can have them fast reducing light schedule . 15/9, 12/12 or what you want .

You can use for example sugar royal in excess too . ( 2ml/l , 2 times a week when it's time )

Also smaller pots may be (for root restriction) ?

But for sure it will reduce production of flowers and number of seeds too .

:tiphat:

Veggia farmer

Hello mates!

They are in a room with clones so, they need to be under flowering photoperiod, check!:)

Checking out sugar royal, amino acids?

Pots not possible, bed atm. But talked with another fellow. Make them thirsty and dry at the end would help. Less N. Less intense light in the end. >Try to maniuplate the hormones to end the cycle.

Yeah, it will reduce the yield, but some yield is better then no yield:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Root restriction.

Compromises yield, can lead to lock out, but yep, root restriction.

bibi40

12/12 from the beginning ( better from week 3-4 ) is a good compromise :tiphat: ( as you know everything which speed them will lower the yield . )