What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x PCK & Killer A5 Haze Feminized

MedBelgUsr

Hello ladies and gentlemen !

Welcome to a new thread covering the growth of ACE Seeds genetics.

This time I will try to germinate and harvest 3 seeds of 2 different strains : Malawi x PCK && Killer A5 Haze Feminized

For those interested, here are the URL's to the product description :

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/malawipckfem.html
https://www.aceseeds.org/en/killera5hazefem.html

The setup will be quite tight in my 1m2 tent and the layout will be as such :

Like for my previous Kali China thread, I intend to post weekly pictures, impressions and comments ; as well as creating fermented cobs and perform rosin extraction for edibles.
So hopefully, it should be another informative threads.

Today I will start the germination.

I didnt have the Malawi x PCK packaging anymore :tumbleweed:
Cheers
MBU

Attachments

• 2021-02-04 13_15_59-Strain Auctions.ods - LibreOffice Calc.jpg
    2021-02-04 13_15_59-Strain Auctions.ods - LibreOffice Calc.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 44
  • MA5 - packaging.jpg
    MA5 - packaging.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 37

MedBelgUsr

And on the left, the Killer ... and on the right, the MPK ...

They are bathing in mineral water ( no tap & no demineralized water ) for 4-6 hours, until tonight ...

Attachments

• MA5 & MPK - Bathing.jpg
    MA5 & MPK - Bathing.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 30

MedBelgUsr

Day one in the new life of those seeds ... wake up ...

The ones with the toothpicks are the MPK :biggrin:

Attachments

• MPK & MA5 - GreenHouse 1.jpg
    MPK & MA5 - GreenHouse 1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 38

MedBelgUsr

So, a bit more than 72 hours later, all the ladies are out :thank you:
I had to correct one that was growing upside down, and another one seems a bit weaker, but time will tell.

Thanks to Ace Seeds for selling fresh and quality seeds.

The MPK ( the ones with the sticks ) seem to be a bit slower than the A5 Killer ... there will be blooooooood :laughing:

Attachments

• All OUT.jpg
    All OUT.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 35

MedBelgUsr

Ok, some updates ...

The picture from the post above is the nursery, where the new seeds are growing until they have green leaves showing they can start photosynthesis to eat. It's a perfect environment humidity and temperature wise.

When the 2 MA5 and 1 MPK were ready to leave the nursery, they were moved to an environment with led lights, and as usual all went fine ...

The day after, when the last 2 MPK were placed under the led, they collapsed within 1 hour :yoinks: ... I have put them back for in the nursery where they went straigth again ...

As a result, to reduce their stress, I gave them 36h more in the nursery, they were growing and developping very well ...
Result ? I put them back under the led, and again they collapse ... :angrymod:

Meanwhile, the very first MPK & MA5 placed under the led are thriving ...

And for the weak MA5, it is is probably too weak : it's creating green leaves but it doesnt grow so I have already replaced by another one that germinated like a charm ...

Now what to do with the 2 MPK which are showing weakness ?
well ... I am also starting 2 new seeds as I cant afford to battle for months to try to get the small plant at a decent size, and then put it to flowers ...

Rambling *off*

MedBelgUsr

I always wonder the same but the drainage is top and 4 seeds are pretty happy out of the 6 ... it is the first time ever that seeds out of my nursery are stressed out by the led ( it's a special veg lec with ultra low power ), and we're talking about using the same setup for more than 50 plants ...

In all cases, I'm keeping them all and I'll see what comes out of them :artist:

El Timbo

I have my seedlings germinate under the sun and they are green within hours - maybe your nursery light is too dim?

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Sorry you lost a couple. Survival of the fittest. Some are more sensitive than others. I'm often guilty of babying the runts when they should be culled. Better they go quickly.

Watching seeds die is like watching money burn.

MedBelgUsr

Watching seeds die is like watching money burn.
You cant be more right ! :tiphat:

I hope the day it's legal worldwide, seed prices will collapse.

Normally they go into soil only when the first leaves are well developped ... not more, but also not less.

In general within 10-15 days ...

The only remaining cause seems to be that indeed those were more sensitive ...

El Timbo

Maybe as an experiment next time you could try planting some directly into soil and putting them under a bright light as soon as they show.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for starting a grow diary for your current new grow MedBelgUsr :wave:
Nice strain choices, and quite different to your previous Kali China grow.

I don't like peat pills to germinate and would not recommend them, better to start your seedlings with more soil in a bigger pot for a healthy start.

MedBelgUsr

Hello !

After a lot of emotions related to PCK seeds germinating slower than what I'm used to ( and then going for a suicide .... ) , I can finally show you the 2 strains, next to each other while they are still tiny ( to save on electricity ).

Once they will have been gone through their first transplantation, they will be seperated in different tents and switched to flo.

5 of each .... still one PCK in the nursery that will make it to her sisters, probably in 1 week.

The germination rate for both strains was 100 %.

Attachments

• It'sComing.jpg
    It'sComing.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 32

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Neither Did Neville

Neither Did Neville

I don't like peat pills to germinate and would not recommend them, better to start your seedlings with more soil in a bigger pot for a healthy start.

Hi MedBelgUsr,

Reading Dubi's post reminded me of some very old advice from Neville.

MedBelgUsr

Hi FletchF.Fletch,

I know, I know ... but all of the seeds did germinate .... and like Neville said, when I try indica seeds, they rot when started in soil ...

But I didnt know that their PH was so low : 5.3 ... and that's true that cannabis germinate easier between a ph of 5.5 and 6.5 ...

Am I just lucky to have 100 % germination rate ? :witch:

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Hey MedBelgUsr,

Glad you could tell my post was not meant to criticize. I had a buddy who always used the Peat Starters. He used to call me "Grandma" when I would bring up the subject.

Things look Great!!

Latest posts

Latest posts