What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars Hydro grow journal + TS600 + 2x2 DWC

TyroneShoelace

Getting a late start here, but I've been enjoying the TS600 a lot over the past year. It fits the 2x2 perfectly.

Last harvest got the chop on 1/16.

I currently have a Breeder's Choice Mix #1 from Old World Genetics in there on day 13. She won't finish by March 8, but I'll still keep things updated til she's done.

picture.php

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Welcome to join in us. Buddy. :huggg:
Did you use the multi-chamber grow tent? Did you grow 1 or 2 plants under 1 TS600?

TyroneShoelace

Welcome to join in us. Buddy. :huggg:
Did you use the multi-chamber grow tent? Did you grow 1 or 2 plants under 1 TS600?

Thanks for the warm welcome! This is a 3x2 tent with 2 stacked 1x2 veg / propagation chambers and a 2x2 main flowering chamber. I usually keep 2 plants going on a staggered rotation so I always have variety. I've had up to 4 plants flowering at once, though I only pull down about 1-2oz per plant in that setup, so that's reserved for when I'm hunting for variety. The TS600 is a powerful light in this space. I've bleached a few buds with it, so I keep it a bit further up than the last gen of LEDs.

Currently I'm flushing out the purple plant and hope I'll have a clone to take its place by next weekend. But for the purposes of this grow I'll be focusing on the BCM#1.

Welcome welcome!:tiphat:

Great start !
Thanks!

One with the light in view

picture.php

Hope everyone is starting off a great weekend!

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Sounds good. 1-2 oz is not bad for this small size.
How do you think about the multi-chamber tent? Do you think the seedling or veg chamber is useful?

TyroneShoelace

Sounds good. 1-2 oz is not bad for this small size.
How do you think about the multi-chamber tent? Do you think the seedling or veg chamber is useful?

1-2oz per plant is a good baseline when running 4 at a time, but with the right selection I think 2-3 oz is possible (or better). With a staggered harvest and the right timing and training the plants later in flower can take up more than just 1 sqft and you can really maximize yield. There's also plenty of height available since this light takes up almost no vertical space and has decent penetration into the canopy (if you very carefully and minimally defoliate some of the inner facing fan leaves).

I'm happy with the tent. It's the first one that actually does everything I need. I've been building micro boxes (the kids these days would call them nano boxes) loosely based on the NGB box for a very long time. It's nice that someone decided to build a tent that accomplished the same thing.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
1-2oz per plant is a good baseline when running 4 at a time, but with the right selection I think 2-3 oz is possible (or better). With a staggered harvest and the right timing and training the plants later in flower can take up more than just 1 sqft and you can really maximize yield. There's also plenty of height available since this light takes up almost no vertical space and has decent penetration into the canopy (if you very carefully and minimally defoliate some of the inner facing fan leaves).

I'm happy with the tent. It's the first one that actually does everything I need. I've been building micro boxes (the kids these days would call them nano boxes) loosely based on the NGB box for a very long time. It's nice that someone decided to build a tent that accomplished the same thing.

all good. hope this round could be better. :biggrin:

TyroneShoelace

BCM1 29F

BCM1 29F

Hi Bibi, Mars, and Dave! Thank you all! Been a rough week with PH issues. Hopefully she's back on track now.

picture.php

rePeat

Great looking grow!

I like the NGB style tent!
From what I've seen, the separate sections are made for separate vent fans?

What are you using for ventilation and circulation?
Do you use a carbon filter for odor?

Plants look great!

Subd! :lurk:

TyroneShoelace

Great looking grow!

I like the NGB style tent!
From what I've seen, the separate sections are made for separate vent fans?

What are you using for ventilation and circulation?
Do you use a carbon filter for odor?

Plants look great!

Subd! :lurk:

Hey rePeat, welcome!

I would imagine you'd need some tiny vent fans, or run them externally to make that work.

On my tent, the two stacked 12"x24" veg chambers are only divided by a wire rack and the drain-liner or the upper section. But air (and ambient light) passes freely between those sections. The veg and flower chambers are separated by a mylar divider that is velcroed in place, but it is in no way air or light tight.

I have a 6" Hydrofarm active air centrifugal fan in the flower chamber which pulls (a shitload of air) through a (currently using a duct reducer into a 4") carbon filter which exhausts out of the top of the flower chamber. The rest of the tent is sealed (as sealed as a tent can be) and the two passive intake vents next to the upper and lower veg chambers are open a tiny bit. As a result there's an insane amount of negative pressure in the tent to the point where it looks from the outside like it is crossing the event horizon of a black hole.

With that setup, the air flow essentially slips through all the tiny gaps in the mylar divider and unfortunately it begins to widen the cracks where light leaks can become a problem.

To counter this i took a section of 4" ducting that I ran out the back wall of the upper veg chamber, and into the back wall of the flower chamber. So air flows in the veg room intakes, up to the top of the veg room, through the duct into the bottom of the flower room, and finally up and out the top. Haven't had any issues with the divider or light leaks since.

Hope this makes sense. Air comes in the two intakes on the right, go through the duct on the back into the flower chamber, and then up and out the top:

picture.php

Great plant !

:good:
Hey bibi, much appreciated. I feel a bit bad that I am not doing her justice. Her faults are entirely mine. She's bounced back since I got the PH under control, but those big fans still bear the scars of my mistakes.

rePeat

Awesome interstellar description and visual aid!!:artist:

Thank you Tyrone for taking the time!

Very creative ventilation adaptation!!

And your plant's "scars" arent that bad at all.
Call it "character" and a valuable education... :respect:

It doesnt look like youre dealing with very much water in that res,
so I suspect that it cant be that forgiving to any pH mishaps.
I'm guessing you caught it pretty quick. :yes:

TyroneShoelace

BCM#1 34F

BCM#1 34F

Awesome interstellar description and visual aid!!

Thank you Tyrone for taking the time!

Very creative ventilation adaptation!!

And your plant's "scars" arent that bad at all.
Call it "character" and a valuable education...

It doesnt look like youre dealing with very much water in that res,
so I suspect that it cant be that forgiving to any pH mishaps.
I'm guessing you caught it pretty quick.
She has loads of character without my help! Such a unique lady. All I can do is try not to detract from her beauty too much.

The flower chamber and the mother chamber both have 7 gal tubs that hold 4 gal when the res is fully topped up. Once I stopped using tap water and found the right nute strength everything got very stable. But eventually after enough top-ups without changing the res and things can go sideways quickly. Valuable education indeed.

The multi-purpose res (for vegging out clones, and keeping the occasional male) only holds about 1.25 gal. I keep the plants proportionally smaller there under low light and prune the roots frequently. They don't really drink/eat a ton. They pretty much keep pace with the other chambers.

She looks pretty well under your care. :tiphat:

She's bouncing back I think!!! Couldn't get the PH sorted before she got a bit of tip burn, but I guess I'll follow my friend rePeat's lead and call that character. Hope all this character smokes well.:kos:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php