What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaves disease... need HELP

beepic

Hello guys... I read your post from about one year and I found always good tips!
This is my first post... I think someone can help me :)
I have initial problem with some leaves...
Some leaves lost green color with black spot and other leaves has dark tip leaves.
I give you some informations:
grow in soil (janeco light mix)
super skunk feminized strain
exactly after 30 bloom days
day light temperature about 22°C
night temperature about 16-17°C
I use advanced nutrient fertilizer
inizial water pH before nutrients about 7,0-7,3.
I add these nutrients in 1 litre solution:
-3ml connaisseur bloom A
-3ml connaisseur bloom B
-1,5ml big bud
-1,5ml bud candy
-1,5ml nirvana
-1,5ml bud factor x
Connaisseur bloom A and B are pH perfect nutrients, now I don't check pH but in the past cultivation I checked it with same nutriens and are about 6.0 6.5
Thanks in advance for your answers
Here some images :)
Gabriele

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Nutrient abundance has created lockout. Flush with water until runoff ph and ec are in the acceptable range.

Your nutrient mix is too strong. 12 ml. per l. is causing a gradual buildup that creates a soil that is essentially too rich. Funny thing is you still aren't mixing it as strong as the manufacturer tells you to. Therein lies the growers first lesson: Ignore the mixing rates on the bottle. As a general rule, you can cut the recommended rate by half or even one fourth and be safe. When growing in soil alternate with regular water: two times water then feed, repeat cycle until last 2-4 weeks of bloom, at which time switch to just water for the remainder.

Invest in a cheap ec/ppm meter to determine nutrient solution strength. Always a smart move to monitor ph and ec/ppm of your solution going in and the runoff that comes out when you water or feed. If the planter has no drainage, be extra careful with everything that goes in, since you cannot flush it out with repeated waterings.

Hope this helps. Good Luck, Never Give Up!!

beepic

I put less ml for litre than official chart (advance nutrient)
official chart is 4ml for each base nutrient and 2ml for other nutirent.
In the past cultivation I used sensi bloom (is little beat less concentrated than connaisseur)
with sensi bloom with this quantity was everything ok

beepic

Hey
Where are the most affected leaves?
From the first pic it would seem the top of the plants
show more damage...

My guess would be calcium def/lockout.
(Top/purple petioles/spots points in that direction)
The purpling of the leaves are due to chilly night temps.
Leaves look deep green too, I'd back the feeding a tad and add cal/mag...

+ free bumb
most affected leave are large leaves, medium and low.
Leave with black tip are medium and high leaves

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Advanced Nutrients charts are mixing rates for a recirculating hydroponic or aeroponic setup. Anything else and it is way, way too strong. Cross reference the General Hydroponics mixing charts and you realize Advanced mixing rates just can't be right. Again best bet is to determine the ec or ppm of your nutrient solution. Mix at recommended rate then test ec or ppm and you will be very much unpleasantly surprised. Companies should be more responsible and give better instructions on their labels.

beepic

Thanks guys for the answers... tomorrow I do first time flush with some water and than I try to add less nutrient in the water :)

redlaser

Veteran
When the leaf tips are dying/browning it usually is from the medium staying wetter than optimal, also happens with too much feeding. I would expect that to clear up after medium is flushed and allowed to dry more in between waterings.
An ec meter to check your feed and to check runoff will give needed info, a moisture meter is valuable as well.

Joe Fresh’s guide to sick plants *sticky thread in the cannabis infirmary section has a lot of pics showing different deficiencies, a couple good charts on page two or three

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I agree with FletchF.Fletch - too many nutrients. However I understand why.

I use advanced nutrient fertilizer
inizial water pH before nutrients about 7,0-7,3.
I add these nutrients in 1 litre solution:
-3ml connaisseur bloom A
-3ml connaisseur bloom B
-1,5ml big bud
-1,5ml bud candy
-1,5ml nirvana
-1,5ml bud factor x
Even without knowing the exact concentration, 12ml of nutrients to a quart/liter of water is too much.

However, I also understand why.

Janeco Light Mix only has 3 weeks of nutrients in it. With light mixes, you either have to be in charge of all the liquid nutrients (which is so advanced I wouldn't try it, even after growing for 17 years), or you mix it with nutrients and other soil amendments to create a supersoil, let the microbes take care of feeding the plant, and just feed the microbes instead.

Also, most light mixes benefit from a tablespoon of magnesium lime (Maerl, dolomite lime) per quart. It raises the pH and provides calcium and magnesium.

troutman

Seed Whore
Lower your pH to previous grow levels in the 6+ range. pH 7+ is too high and causes lockouts or trace elements like iron, manganese, etc.. :tiphat:

beepic

Thanks all you! Yesterday night I did a flush with just some water... when soil is dry I give some nutrient to my plant and I check pH and EC. I have both struments!
I will update you ??

beepic

Ok guys I checked pH and EC.
I added in 2 litres:
4ml connaisseurs bloom A
4ml connaisseurs bloom B
3ml B52
3ml Bad candy
3ml big bud
3ml nirvana
3ml bud factor x
final pH 6,3
EC 3800

(In the past for all last bloom period - first 30 days - I used to add 6ml connaisseur bloom A and 6ml connaisseur bloom b and EC was so more than 3800)
The cause is for sure OVER fertilization and resulting block some element or more than one element.

On past tuesday I did a flush adding about 4 litres water in each pot. the pot are about 11 soil litres. I had to soak up all the water down in the growbox with the sponge. I did scrog so I can't move plants.
Now I put half fert and I hope things will go well :)

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Sponging out the tent is no fun, but your plants will thank you. I still think your nutrient solution is stronger than it should be. Do an experiment on at least one container using half the strength of your current mixing rate. Also check your runoff ph and ec even if it means squeezing out the sponge and measuring that.

Striving to do better shows you're on the right track. Good Luck!!