What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Custom Grow Tent

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings all, had a question about custom grow tents. I've searched online and couldn't find anywhere to buy a custom grow tent. I was searching for a grow tent like 1 x 4 x 7 instead of the normal 2 x 4 x 7. Anyone know a site that does customizing? I would really appreciate. Thanks and happy growing all.

Dr.King

Veteran
Oh gothca, you would think in 2021 they would have a custom grow tent site. Would be a great idea for someone to invest in one to make money. I've seen so many people asking for sizes of tents that just aren't out yet. I know making my own will work but I would prefer one with black mylar on the outside like good tents you pay for. Thanks again all.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Problem here is the dimension of '1' as if you are talking in backwards, then it's only 300mm which will fall over.
The nearest dimension will probably be 2, but you may find bedroom furniture at 1.5

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings, I kind of see what you mean. With a depth of 1 foot by 4 feet wide and 7 feet tall might fall over. Tents with 2 feet of depths do just fine I just don't think there is a high demand for them yet. If any tent is filled with equipment and plants I highly doubt it would fall over lol. Soil pots weigh a good 5 or 10 pounds plus each, let alone with weighted buds on them. If I had the funds I would make a custom tent site for everyone ;).

Problem here is the dimension of '1' as if you are talking in backwards, then it's only 300mm which will fall over.
The nearest dimension will probably be 2, but you may find bedroom furniture at 1.5

CrushnYuba

Yea. That would have to be unstable. And it's just such a weird footprint. What would you put in there? 1' isn't wide enough for clone racks or anything.

I would imagine custom tents would be pretty pricy. Kind of send to kill the allure of a tent. Cheap and somewhat temporary

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
It's a tent buddy. Your plants are sat on fabric. While your 10kg carbon could be up top and the tent unzipped while you drunkenly lean upon it. It just wouldn't be safe to market such a tent. There are some 400x400s but tend to be 1200 high at most. 1:7 is a big ratio.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Have you watched asbestos guys sheet off a negative pressure area?
If you build a frame then wrap it up in pvc, you can add a door with just a draped slash cut. The negative pressure keeps the drape shlooped to the tent, covering the hole used to go in.
If you cut a larger access hole, then the drape needs a rod along it's bottom edge to keep the drape straight. Without, drapes can get pulled in to larger doorways.

I have a draped tent at the moment. The zips are just too noisy.

If you really wanted the 1x4 not the available 2x4, I would buy the 2x4 to get the poles. Chop them down. Then you are looking at the right sized frame. With a tent cover that would be very baggy at the back. Layed on its front you could fold up the spare, like wrapping a present or tucking a bed sheet at the corners. Then you could lay it on its back, all folded nicely, so you could walk all over it. Pressing creases in and applying silicone as glue (it was developed to glue glass). You could do it, if you wanted to fix the skinny tent to a wall.

You may want to take a knife to the rear to make easy to tuck flaps. Not preserve the cover of a tent with chopped poles. Though most pole sizes are standard copper size at home depot (which I buy copper to beat into extra roof bars)

Latest posts

Latest posts