What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What should I do?

Kfran11

Just tried to see if I could get this thing to grow. Haven't been doing what I should. Think its been a little over a month I've had this plant. What do I need to do to get on the right track?

Attachments

• 20210115_182532.jpg
    20210115_182532.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210115_182526.jpg
    20210115_182526.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210115_182522.jpg
    20210115_182522.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 47

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
That plant looks plenty healthy. I also use 5 gallon buckets and they mostly all take about a 1/2 gallon of water every other day. Your soil looks very dry except for that area where you dribbled a little water.Did you transplant from a smaller pot into that bucket and if you did what did the root ball look like?
It may also be possible that you don't have enough light to drive the plant into growing bigger.
More info on what your soil is composed of and your lighting would help. As I said though the plant looks plenty healthy.

Kfran11

I did transplant it. Dont know about the roots. Soil i used was pretty loose so all I did was cut the bottom out the cup and let it slide in the soil in the bucket. I have a 75w grow light. The plant did have more branches at the bottom but they died. Im really not doing what im supposed to with this thing. Juat have it in a bucket in the closet with the grow light. I just thought it should be alot bigger then that since its been growing for over a month

Vandenberg

420giveaway
I betcha...

I betcha...

More light would help dramatically, I suspect.
New generation white light led "1000 watt" Quantum Board lights would be worth the relatively small investment.
I've seen some available well under a hundred dollars, while better quality ones can easily run more than that.
These new generation lights operate at 100 watts from the wall socket, so very affordable, no bulbs to replace with Quantum Boards which is a beautiful thing grow to grow to grow.
I wish you luck in your growing pursuits, everybody has got to start somewhere. The plant is just waiting for more optimum growing conditions before it invigorates itself for you. Lack of ventilation/ air exchange can be a very limiting factor too.
I would use the search function here to learn more general information.
Happy Gardening :)

Vandenberg :)

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
how close is that light?
what temperature is that closet?
how much water are you giving it?
what nutrients have you used, or is it fresh bagged soil?
have you tried seven hail Marys? jk
the middle picture shows vibrant lush green fans, so i'd recommend patience.

Kfran11

Light is probably 12-14 inches. Temp probably 65 to 70 maybe idk .I water it when the top soil is dry. Which I haven't had to water it much . I know the temp probably isn't hot enough. This was pretty much a found a seed and tried to grow. My next go around will be with everything I need . When it first started there was orange spots on the leaves and the bottom ones just kept dying . I purchased neem oil cause I noticed these small white worm looking things. Which I notice them thjngs are still in there. Didnt want to keep spraying the plant with that stuff I have because I thought that might have played a role in the leaves dying

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Don't Panic

Don't Panic

First take a deep breath.....

It's going to be okay. Even if this one dies, you have proven that you can get them growing.

First, with soil, go by the weight of the container. Feel the weight of the container when the soil is dry (usually at planting time), next water and feel how much heavier it is. The container should cycle from wet (heavy) to closer to dry (considerably lighter). This can be a bit tricky when transplanting cup sized rootballs into 5 gallon pots. Misting instead of watering can be helpful until you see the first roots poking out of the bottom of your pots. If theres no drain holes, you kind of have to wing it but using the weight to judge will help. Overwatering causes more damage than waiting for the plant to wilt a bit then water.

Bugs can be tricky. Applying neem can burn leaves if the lights are on or if it's mixed too strong. Theres a product called Captain Jack's Dead Bug that works great and is natural. Not even a pesticide, it's a bacteria (safe for people and pets) they found at an abandoned Rum Distillery. Two sprays 48 hours apart before the lights come on will knock out even established pests.

Sensible Seeds is awesome, they carry everyones genetics and ship worldwide.

DC Seed Exchange

JBC Seeds

Good Luck, and Happy Growing

Latest posts

Latest posts