Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organic yields

Thread Title Search
Organic yields Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2021, 01:26 AM #1
Bio boy

Bio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the rough
Organic yields

Seems a taboo to talk about this in organics but here goes.

Im about to embark on a living soil journey from the salty world.

Currently coco dtw 1200w
4x8ft room. dominator reflectors.

I feed megacrop/advsnced nutes
i get 400-800gram a 4x4 per 600watt. 4plants a side 8 total

Now i got 7x7ft room.

1200watts (swapping to led soon) but for story 1200w hps.

And 350 litre growbed 4x4ft 9 plants

Using coots mix with ewc thats been fed black leaf mould. Amendments and chicken poo for 4months and sat bagged with worms in for 18 month.

Will i expext to yield less? Same? Or more?

Hard to find diarys and once i find are micro grows. Ones with monsters dont post yields lol.
Bio boy is offline Quote

Old 01-09-2021, 01:39 AM #2
f-e

f-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant future
Have a look at Dank Frank's work. You may need to scale up, but his plants are typical enough to do so. He has the second highest yield I have seen claimed here. I don't think he has full committed to LED's yet either. So there is room for improvement.

Perhaps send your substrate in for sampling. I wouldn't set out to grow in something unknown. Not when yield is important to you. That would be crazy.
f-e is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:23 PM #3
Veggia farmer

Veggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud of
Yep, check out Frank, he is good. Im a bed grower myself, mostly organic. Organic beds first dialed in can be a beast of a medium!

Old 01-14-2021, 12:32 AM #4
Bio boy

Bio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the roughBio boy is a jewel in the rough
ha found him, almost same conditions as me lol im so happy thanks guys,

ive been reading his thread like a bible lol,

tryina find my shopping list now hehe

damn franks got dank lol
Bio boy is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2021, 12:42 AM #5
bushed

bushed is a glorious beacon of lightbushed is a glorious beacon of lightbushed is a glorious beacon of lightbushed is a glorious beacon of lightbushed is a glorious beacon of lightbushed is a glorious beacon of lightbushed is a glorious beacon of lightbushed is a glorious beacon of lightbushed is a glorious beacon of lightbushed is a glorious beacon of lightbushed is a glorious beacon of light
Just small home grower here, I switched from Coco to organic about a year ago. I noticed a small drop in yield 5%. A huge jump in quality especially regarding taste. The main difference is so much less work, no phing or mixing nutes, that alone is worth the reduction in yield for me.
bushed is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:33 AM #6
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant future
If you are dialed in coco plants have the ABILITY to grow faster. In my greenhouse with the sun and heat and humidity, plants definitely grow faster with coco. Lower temperatures, less light, it would probably be less difference.
You can still get great yields and quality. Just not the speed. Organic is Damn near foolproof though
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2021, 11:02 PM #7
Azeotrope

Azeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by f-e View Post
Have a look at Dank Frank's work. You may need to scale up, but his plants are typical enough to do so. He has the second highest yield I have seen claimed here. I don't think he has full committed to LED's yet either. So there is room for improvement.

Perhaps send your substrate in for sampling. I wouldn't set out to grow in something unknown. Not when yield is important to you. That would be crazy.
Did you attempt to indicate that DF might yield more with LEDs? Bwahahahaha that's bot only complete garbage but, for another forum so I guess that's all I'm going to say about it here in organic soil.
Azeotrope is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2021, 11:20 AM #8
Bio boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeotrope View Post
Did you attempt to indicate that DF might yield more with LEDs? Bwahahahaha that's bot only complete garbage but, for another forum so I guess that's all I'm going to say about it here in organic soil.

Yesh think he did. But more inclined to believe its csuse he knows i use hps and led. And my older thread asking if i shoul add hps to my led ?
Bio boy is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2021, 04:42 PM #9
Azeotrope

Azeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of light
CMH all the way for the best quality and great yields.
Azeotrope is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2021, 04:58 PM #10
Weird

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
organics can out perform hydro and hydro can out perform organics

two reasons

skill of the grower and the metric for which our perform is measured

Skill of grower isn't an egotistical measure but one that simply dictates skill set. Everyone starts somewhere and everyone generally settles with what meets their objective. Some people build out skill in more than one area some focus it more narrowly.

Putting some tangible metrics to performance really makes it more clear especially when you couple it with resources and objective.

Working outside the boundaries of resources and objectives isn't a skill set that offers much more than learning to work under frustration conditions. It is a skill one might have developed boot strapping grows over the years but it isn't one that seems valuable outside boot strapping itself.

galatians 6:7

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.