What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hey I'm just introducing myself, almost old timer from the midwest

5Decades

Been on here for a few weeks or so and just saw this introduce yourself forum thing.....I used to grow in the 80's and 90's and started up again because most of the stuff out there sucks.... :D

I guess i have slowly watched a lot of killer strains disappear and it really bums me out. I really miss skunk bud and Dank buds and have been trying to pop some old seeds that have been in a jar for decades...keepin my fingers crossed. But even back in the day that shit wasn't really that easy for most people to get

JCF

Same here

Same here

I read your post 5Decades and you mentioned one of the main reasons I sign-up for this site. Loss of "old" strains, more specifically the original land races which are disappearing and watered down genetically. Here to see what's to learn. Good luck. JCF

Cvh

Supermod
Welcome to the forum! I sure hope you'll get lucky popping those old beans.
Who knows, maybe you could bring back some of that long lost goodness.

Cheers.

5Decades

Hey Thanks everyone!! once i figure out how to use this site i'll post some pics of one strain I got to pop for outdoors in 2019 (still alive)..... it was a seed that is anywhere from about 10 to possibly 25 years old.... it grows like a weed and almost a vine but the buds end up all lime green with a crazy amount of trichomes. Does anyone remember some stuff that was called Buddha Thai? in the early to mid 90's? it came in a perfect round dowel rod shape and was REALLY good, it reminds me of that. Tastes like dank roses with a touch of lime is the only way i can think of to describe it.. also how do you "like" posts? or find them helpful?

drosera420

Premium user
Hey there, good to see another oldish timer. I still act 15 despite my age.

The lime green we would get was some Kentucky sensi when a buddys trucker brother would come back from there. 20 a quarter and no seeds, like manna from heaven. That was mid 80's. Everything else was mexi brown brick in my area.

5Decades

thanks everyone! i can't wait to figure out how to post pics!! i'm curious if anyone has seen a plant like the one i got going now

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Where did the seeds come from was the question I believe.

Welcome to ICMag, and good luck with those old beans. Maybe get cuts if they pop.

5Decades

Hey Thanks everyone!! once i figure out how to use this site i'll post some pics of one strain I got to pop for outdoors in 2019 (still alive)..... it was a seed that is anywhere from about 10 to possibly 25 years old.... it grows like a weed and almost a vine but the buds end up all lime green with a crazy amount of trichomes. Does anyone remember some stuff that was called Buddha Thai? in the early to mid 90's? it came in a perfect round dowel rod shape and was REALLY good, it reminds me of that. Tastes like dank roses with a touch of lime is the only way i can think of to describe it.. also how do you "like" posts? or find them helpful?

ok i asssume it's about this.. i guess they were bag seeds... they were some that i've had for a while, not from a company. I got 3 to pop out of about 2 dozen. 1, 2 and 3..1 seemed like good mexi, 2 looked like a skunk plant but not much smell (reminded me of ethos purple majick a little bit) both pretty good but kept getting PM so i ditched em. #3 i kept, my cat ate it but i brought it back to life outside summer 2019 enough to get 4 doobies:smoke:. but i smoked with few friends and they were both said they never smoked anything like it. I took it inside and grew a few clones, it does not like being cloned, it's a pain..... it grows like a weed, no straight stalk, would prob just grow along the ground lf i let it like a vine, gotta stake it, only grows small buds very frosty though.. like i said it reminds me of "Buddha Thai".... this stuff that came in perfect round dowel rod shapes, a friend said back then (92?) that it was smuggled in hollow dowel rods or pipes