What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's the next step up from gh 3 part

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Not as green as you might like and a bit of tip burn could be signs of a Calcium deficiency. Many of the other users of your feed will be addressing Ca issues outside of the 3 bottles. It's often seen as simply water correction. Getting our water in order before adding any feed.

Im just at a loss ive never had this mean issiues in all the years I've grown....somthing about the gh i just dont like ....but im not sure where to go

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I started off using the 3 part many decades ago and then soon learned that the "grow" part was unnecessary and caused problems. That was when the concept known as "Lucas formula" came around. That works phenomenally. You might consider that.

Otherwise, after I left that behind I wanted more simplicity, and went to balanced one-part formulas, like GH Maxibloom. I have stuck there all these years later because if it ain't broke don't fix it. One-part for the win!

I've also used Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro from beginning to end with fantastic results. Lots of people use Jack's one-part. All I know is that I don't see any reason to use expensive, trendy, multi-part solutions when simplicity works so well.

That's my experience anyway.

Principante8

OP, Sounds like maybe your pH was off. Are you letting your coco dry out? That'll give you burnt tips and ph problems. If so keep it wet. Do you water until you get runoff? Have you checked the calibration of your pH pen? I've used 6/9 with hundreds of varieties and it's worked with all but a few. The majority of the time I used a bunch of additives from various other nutrient lines but I've used straight 6/9 just a couple times with great results. When I teach beginners I set them up with that just because it's cheap and they also experience great results time after time. I've seen it used with various water types in different counties (nothing really bad) including RO.

To kinda answer your question about what is 'better', try the house and garden line. A complete line of anything will yield better results than just base nutrients. A friend used the botanicare lineup for a long time and did great. Most people I know that have small commercial ops and are growing in coco are using H&G.

I haven't been on the forums for a few years but I do remember the European GH was a different recipe than the US version so 6/9 wouldn't work. Are you using the European bottles?

Buy any line labeled for Coco and follow the instructions on the bottle you will get there. Literally walk into a hydro store blindfolded and pick randomly any brand and you'll get amazing results. If not there's something else at play.

Good luck and happy growing.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I started off using the 3 part many decades ago and then soon learned that the "grow" part was unnecessary and caused problems. That was when the concept known as "Lucas formula" came around. That works phenomenally. You might consider that.

Otherwise, after I left that behind I wanted more simplicity, and went to balanced one-part formulas, like GH Maxibloom. I have stuck there all these years later because if it ain't broke don't fix it. One-part for the win!

I've also used Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro from beginning to end with fantastic results. Lots of people use Jack's one-part. All I know is that I don't see any reason to use expensive, trendy, multi-part solutions when simplicity works so well.

That's my experience anyway.

So maxibloom and dyna gro foliage pro and that's it?

Does MB dissolve easily?

I've used all 3 bottles for a long time now because like you said if it ain't broke...

I like the idea of one part powders tho'. Cheaper is good too.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
So maxibloom and dyna gro foliage pro and that's it?

Does MB dissolve easily?

I've used all 3 bottles for a long time now because like you said if it ain't broke...

I like the idea of one part powders tho'. Cheaper is good too.

Yep, no other nutrients. Just one thing for the whole grow. Maxibloom is the easiest I would say, especially because it's a powder. And yes it dissolves completely. It used to freak me out that I would see powder fall to the bottom of the res while adding it, but it always dissolves.

The remo ive been using im flower is doing amazing for 2 weeks in to flower there going ham

I realized some of my plants had nutrient lock ok jisy flished then and they look great now

I wasmt doing drain tk waste to.i fliahed everything and wow is there a difference

Latest posts

Latest posts