What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UN removes cannabis from list world's most dangerous drugs

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...removes-cannabis-strictest-drug-category.html

High time! UN removes cannabis from list of the world's most dangerous drugs

The UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs voted to remove cannabis from the Schedule IV list of dangerous drugs on Wednesday

Of the 53 member states, 27 were in favour and 25 opposed with one abstention

The move follows a recommendation by the WHO to reclassify the drug
It is hoped the change will lead to more freedom to investigate the potential medical benefits of marijuana though decisions to legalise it will be at state level

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now that's special! Should get a list of all who opposed and boycott any products from them

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Finally some good news.:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201202-195158_2.jpg
    Screenshot_20201202-195158_2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 57

Cvh

Supermod
The list of Yes/No voters.

attachment.php

Attachments

• VN-stemming-over-wiethasj-1536x803.jpg
    VN-stemming-over-wiethasj-1536x803.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 51

H e d g e

Many of the countries that voted no already have valuable local populations of medicinal cannabis growing that would be lost if commercial cultivation of Cbd dominant genetically modified cannabis (hemp) was permitted.

In some areas it’s already too late as hemp grows wild in ditches so it is no longer possible to grow a seedless medicinal crop.
As a result of this, restrictions will probably be put in place to prevent the growing of none feminised seed outdoors, further impacting local small scale organic farmers and self sufficient patients who would be fined for making and saving their own seeds.

It would be interesting to know why people voted the way they did. If they were properly informed. And who by.

meltybubble

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...removes-cannabis-strictest-drug-category.html

High time! UN removes cannabis from list of the world's most dangerous drugs

The UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs voted to remove cannabis from the Schedule IV list of dangerous drugs on Wednesday

Of the 53 member states, 27 were in favour and 25 opposed with one abstention

The move follows a recommendation by the WHO to reclassify the drug
It is hoped the change will lead to more freedom to investigate the potential medical benefits of marijuana though decisions to legalise it will be at state level

And about time too, what about our guys sentenced? Will this in turn help our plea, to free all non violent growers?
That would actually make me as happy as larry.
Recently an associate’s father was released thankfully but what about the rest?
Not trying to be smart nor funny, these folk need released.

Power to the people, the time is now ;))

Greetz

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it's something coming from the UN it won't be anything favourable to the people. They're all about the elites.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
One vote less and it would of been no. That's the kind of vote that can soon be undone. The UK has relaxed and then tightened again in the last decade. It's not a lasting result.

Rico Swazi

misdirection smoke and mirrors fake fukin news

midway down in the same article-
Despite removing cannabis and cannabis resin from the Schedule IV list, the agency voted to leave the substances on the list of Schedule I drugs.
why is cannabis still on schedule 1 ?
Duplicity and stupidity stating marijuana has no accepted medical use since 2018 when the FDA said the opposite
they used the term marijuana no less, not hemp

FDA Approves First Drug Comprised of an Active Ingredient Derived from Marijuana to Treat Rare, Severe Forms of Epilepsy

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pre...ent-derived-marijuana-treat-rare-severe-forms

spread the word

Gry

Never should have been scheduled in the first place, and was a classic case of the US acting like the crooked global policeman it did later become.
Know I am not the only one who recalls Nixon alternately threatening and bribing a former leader of Nepal to make it illegal to their population

G

Never should have been scheduled in the first place, and was a classic case of the US acting like the crooked global policeman it did later become.
Know I am not the only one who recalls Nixon alternately threatening and bribing a former leader of Nepal to make it illegal to their population

Yep, if you dial up the way-back machine, all the way back to the early 1900s, well before the UN was established.... it was Britain and the US pressuring other (sovereign) countries re. opium/morphine/opiates, much of it as a mechanism to control immigration.

Nixon's 1970 CSA, in contradiction to his own Schaeffer Commission's recommendations where cannabis products were involved), pursued prohibition on an amped up basis, along with the UK, in a renewed effort to define social and health policies for others, so Nixon and Co could go after those who opposed him and or the SE Asian Police Action.

The US involvement in pushing a global war on (some) drugs had nothing to do with any coincidental moves at the UN re. disarming of civilian populations..

But 85 years of having the major power players of the planet telling the entire global population that "if you use this vice, that vice, or those vices over there, your dick/vagina will turn purple and fall off or implode, your children will all go straight to Hell upon death, and your neighbors won't like you as much." took on a life all its own, like most propaganda statements do.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
the dick thing happened to you too moose?!?

/would have just repped you with the comment, but im out of candy for today

G

the dick thing happened to you too moose?!?

/would have just repped you with the comment, but im out of candy for today

You're probably old enough to recall during the Nixon administration when they claimed that adolescent males routinely or regularly using cannabis would/could develop female breasts.

The joke for years, for those of us awkward dweebs who could rarely succeed at getting a date to the school dance, was saying, "Yep, and we all kept on toking, with great hopes and anticipation, that MAYBE we had found an answer re. how to spend all of those lonely prom nights to come."

But nope...... Kilos upon kilos of Mexican, Panamanian, Thai, and Colombian weed later, not to mention the many forms or sources of hash, Thai stick, opiated Thai stick, and more.... the self-contained traveling booby party never materialized.

Someone ought to sue Nixon's Estate for the let down and the emotional suffering it led to.

But us die-hards, well, some of us, anyway, are still waiting, and wake up on many days, clutching our own man-breasts,,, because we know, deep in our hearts, Nixon was not a crook, (he -said- so), and, therefore, he would not lie to us.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I was in high school or just out when the "Gubmint" told us the "boys growing breasts" thing...

I was a carpenter working on a large construction site the day after the headlines told us "Nixon Quits!"
About one forth of all the carpenters took an extra long lunch break that day, and came back to work all giggly, and happy that Tricky Dick was gone!

therevverend

Veteran
What's fucked up is the cannabis producing countries on the 'NO' list. Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, Kazakhstan, etc are countries with an ancient cannabis culture and a long history of cultivation. They suffer from huge levels of corruption and their governments don't reflect the will of the governed. The only reason to vote against this is to keep profiting from their drug war. Using it as an excuse to persecute their enemies and steal from their own citizens. Glad to see Nepal is part of the 'YES' group..

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
my opinion might not mean anything, but I believe the main reason the "yes" countries voted that way is because they realized that nowadays
they could appropriate more money $$$$ thru legal taxation than they could from profiting from their drug war...

It's got nothing to do with your rights or desires...But they'll tell you that it does...

Rico Swazi

groundhogs day
new boss same as the old boss... don't be fooled again
Its always been about the money and patronizing sheeple to accept a token of reefer gladness

as much as we all need some good news, the move is purely symbolic Read the PDF and you may think as I do
the US is doubling down on doublethink

https://www.unodc.org/documents/com...D_63Reconvened/statements/02Dec_partI/USA.pdf

the "Nevertheless" paragraph is completely opposite of the previous one on legitimate medical use
still schedule 1

Latest posts

Latest posts