What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hype Strains

IndoDojira

Anyone have an opinion on hype strains?

I have been smoking a variety of flower, and oil. I feel qualified to speak on it.

Anyone else?

OG Kush - lives up to the hype like no other. I’m sorry that Europeans haven’t experienced this. It lives up to the hype y’all. Trust me.

White Widow - deserves the hype. A truly unique strain.

I’d take crosses of these all day.

I’d pass on AK, and BB. Maybe it’s been pheno dependent. IDK.

Mr. Stinky

Lots of junk has been passed as trainwreck over the decades, but the real stuff is incredible.
191b2c7e022398f60dd6addb253cb0ae_227078.jpg

Last edited:

Beaucephus

the legit ecsd lives up to the hype. most so called elite cuts that i’ve ran didn’t live up to it.... of course everybody has their own opinion.

I enjoy cookies and all their crosses, I can easily indentify them just by looking at it, very distinct structure and trichome look. I'm from the bay so it reminds me of home, solid taste always if grown right and relaxing high.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
OG Kush - lives up to the hype like no other. I’m sorry that Europeans haven’t experienced this. It lives up to the hype y’all. Trust me.

why do you think? guys in Europe haven't experienced og kush? cuts are here..

Sunshineinabag

Omfg I'm getting old......I have lost more photo albums if indoor grows .....smoking decent homegrown I think from 2011-2017 I was kinda in a haze....lnaop kooltubes a 4 x 4 tent ....sunshine mix no 4

Went full tilt boogie with shantis med man..great gear one plant took over a 3 x 3 x7 griwlab tent

Attachments

• 2924873-5003dff19086e5aaecb1e11660b29093.jpg
    2924873-5003dff19086e5aaecb1e11660b29093.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 2924875-512b3af5110f7fb4e2406bc6703e472b.jpg
    2924875-512b3af5110f7fb4e2406bc6703e472b.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 2924874-4fe2d54e24a757057baa15f5e0666bf8.jpg
    2924874-4fe2d54e24a757057baa15f5e0666bf8.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 29
G

I been looking for a top shelf White Widow clone kind of. Heard of one called Sharon thats not really available. My first marginally successful grow was a WW fem from GHS. That was before I had a clue about clones and moms so its gone and looking back that would have been a keeper for sure. Always heard a lot of hype before I grew it and it delivered. Im surprised there are no top shelf clones offered at banks or even talked about around here. Being a small personal grower I have really come to dislike pheno hunts but have a short list of hunts I will be making over the next couple years and maybe a MrNice Black Widow will have to be done. Pretty sure WW lives up to the hype.

G

ECSD - but you have to grow it properly.

Strawberry Cough - very special plant
30 days in on my recently gifted cut of Chaco. And like everyone says she is a picky bitch it seems. But so far so good and she is looking very nice. Hope by valentines day to have some cured to try.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Some are definitely special plants. Most are not worth the risk of bringing unwanted problems into the garden. Especially with all the seeds available and tissue culture clones becoming more common.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
Anyone have an opinion on hype strains?

I have been smoking a variety of flower, and oil. I feel qualified to speak on it.

Anyone else?

White Widow - deserves the hype. A truly unique strain.

I’d take crosses of these all day.

I’d pass on AK, and BB. Maybe it’s been pheno dependent. IDK.

I remember being a new grower.. greenhouse seeds hazes with the highest expectations:dance: but the results of lemony peppery bulll crap was not the same as what we had in new york so i immediately labeled all dutch haze as hype because of my expectations. then i grew out some DJ's blueberry and realized this was the direct opposite of hype until i saw the following this guy has online but hey he deserves it. It's all about expectations.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
it depends on preferences. a lot of people would tell you that greenhouse super lemon haze is up to hype.. but if you dont like lemony haze, then you dont like it :D people are different.. in my opinion,for example, widow cant stand next to sour diesel, no way LOL

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
it depends on preferences. a lot of people would tell you that greenhouse super lemon haze is up to hype.. but if you dont like lemony haze, then you dont like it :D people are different.. in my opinion,for example, widow cant stand next to sour diesel, no way LOL

greenhouse selection of nevils haze 20 years ago was lemony black pepper disappointment to me. i never ran their super lemon haze though i've seen nothing but good reports. i may have tried it a few years back and recall the aroma being more lemony skunky i suppose which i liked better than the black pepper of the nevils haze to be honest