Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > International Forums > Canada > Has Covid in the US affected wholesale Canadian prices?

Thread Title Search
Has Covid in the US affected wholesale Canadian prices? Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2020, 01:47 AM #1
mikeross

mikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nice
Has Covid in the US affected wholesale Canadian prices?

I've never seen wholesale price of Cannabis this low. Moving averages have been trending lower and lower over the years but this year seems a little different.

Do you think Covid, border closures and US Covid cases have had an impact on current wholesale prices or is this the new bottom? Prices 6 months ago were literally 30-40% higher.
mikeross is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:23 AM #2
OGEvilgenius

OGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really nice
That plus I suspect people are smoking their stuff from outdoor this year. I know a few who are. It isn't very good but money is tight for people. So yeah in a few ways I think it's having its effect.

What kinda prices you seeing for quads?

Trips are under 1000. Good trips.
OGEvilgenius is offline Quote

Old 12-01-2020, 07:50 AM #3
mikeross

mikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGEvilgenius View Post
That plus I suspect people are smoking their stuff from outdoor this year. I know a few who are. It isn't very good but money is tight for people. So yeah in a few ways I think it's having its effect.

What kinda prices you seeing for quads?

Trips are under 1000. Good trips.

That's the thing... the outdoor I've been seeing is looking better than ever. Really didn't even know outdoor could look and smoke this good. Obviously isn't your average backyard crop.

Real nice looking trips about $850, quads $1200 max... not sure how much higher each would fetch as a single though.
mikeross is offline Quote

Old 12-01-2020, 10:13 AM #4
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
More people are growing than ever. So that no doubt will cause prices to drop.

Happy Holidays.

troutman is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:48 AM #5
dimodz
Elite StrainCloneHunter

dimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post

yeah that Market how react about more amount in market as before then price level drop down

H
ybridsFromHell

dimodz is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:16 PM #6
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimodz View Post
yeah that Market how react about more amount in market as before then price level drop down
Exactly! Deflation comes when too much money is in circulation, no difference here IMO. People need to adjust to the market. I believe it is a combination of both: Covid; and folks growing their own.

It's the old supply and demand thing

Some people understand when you tell them,
not to piss on an electric fence,
others have to find out for themselves. ~ Im'one

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

Civilization is the history of conspiracy!
What is civilization but, a conspiracy,
for all of us to do better, working together!
~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch..
Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 12-01-2020, 02:20 PM #7
Great outdoors

Great outdoors is a splendid one to beholdGreat outdoors is a splendid one to beholdGreat outdoors is a splendid one to beholdGreat outdoors is a splendid one to beholdGreat outdoors is a splendid one to beholdGreat outdoors is a splendid one to beholdGreat outdoors is a splendid one to beholdGreat outdoors is a splendid one to beholdGreat outdoors is a splendid one to beholdGreat outdoors is a splendid one to beholdGreat outdoors is a splendid one to behold
Folks growing their own, a flooded legal and black market, and export difficulties.
It all adds up.
Great outdoors is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:34 PM #8
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great outdoors View Post
Folks growing their own, a flooded legal and black market, and export difficulties.
It all adds up.
Legalization is not decriminalization. It sort of reminds me of the ecig legalization battle, where "some states" wanted to tax ecig products @ 30% vice the regular state/provincial "sales tax". Only one word for that GREED!

Govt saw that opportunity and saw a cash cow. That being said, that cash cow only applied with roughly 15-18% of the population and hence, a little of something is better than nothing and settled for simple state/provincial tax. There are a hell of a lot more folks consuming cannabis, than there is folks trying to quit smoking.

We have seen the discussion here, where, any legalization needs to have "grow your own" clause. They did that to weaken the BM as seen here. That was their intent... supply the market (govt) while reducing the amount of customers purchasing from the BM, while increasing penalties. Hence the new war on drugs! The BM will never disappear, we know that. Why?

All the BS regulations in place drove the price of weed to unsustainable levels. Combine that with the shit we can acquire from the legal market, and they still have a dilemma. Folks (many) aren't buying "legal weed", because of the prices and, well, its shit! AAMOF with so much regulations, "legal producers" are often forced into cutting corners, in order to remain competitive.

Like any other business, if you want to get rid of your competition you need to do 2 things:
  • produce a better/safer product at half the price, which, provides a venue for new customers. IOW they would rather purchase from you; while
  • making the BM a non lucrative business
We all know that they will never see the obliteration of the BM.

That being said, offering "shit weed" at triple the price, doesn't accomplish their objective. AAMOF, many are trying to sell just a smidgen below legal prices, once again trying to profit from legalization. e.g $1 less than legal costs. IOW, riding on legalization/govt coattails.

It all boils down to GREED. The 5 letter word that has been around since the dawn of time. Some folks call it capitalism!

It all boils down to. Why should I buy from either when I can grow my own, of known quality (e.g free of pesticides/insecticides and other shit etc... ) at a fraction of the cost? I don't!

I may not grow the dankest shit out there, but it is far cry from anything on the legal market and in many instances, the BM.

Times they are a changing and we need to:
  • improvise
  • adapt; and
  • overcome

Some people understand when you tell them,
not to piss on an electric fence,
others have to find out for themselves. ~ Im'one

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

Civilization is the history of conspiracy!
What is civilization but, a conspiracy,
for all of us to do better, working together!
~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch..
Switcher56 is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:30 PM #9
H G Griffin

H G Griffin has a brilliant futureH G Griffin has a brilliant futureH G Griffin has a brilliant futureH G Griffin has a brilliant futureH G Griffin has a brilliant futureH G Griffin has a brilliant futureH G Griffin has a brilliant futureH G Griffin has a brilliant futureH G Griffin has a brilliant futureH G Griffin has a brilliant futureH G Griffin has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I think a lot of people don't realize the effect that small personal growers have.

For a lot of us, not only did we remove our dollars from the retail market, we also supply a friend or two or 4 from our surplus.

You need to pick up a lot of 1/8 per month occasional recreational users to make up for even one heavy chronic lost.
H G Griffin is offline Quote

Old 12-01-2020, 06:25 PM #10
big315smooth

big315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivor
was up by the border recently the numbers that were going around was insanely cheap. john boats loaded on the daily shooting across the st lawrence.
big315smooth is offline Quote