What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone Know of a Good Source for Plastic Manifolds?

Fixer

This is a pic of one of the manifolds I'm using to feed. It's corroded, leaking and needs to be replaced. I don't want to use metal again. I've found one vendor, Florida Aqua Farms, who build custom manifolds at a reasonable price but they are having trouble getting parts. I know I can build one but I'm already working 60 hrs. a week. :whee:

Attachments

• IMG_4556.jpg
    IMG_4556.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 23

Fixer

Thanks troutman! If this company I found in FL will build me a couple manifolds for $30 each if they can find the parts. I may have to go that route but I'm trying to delegate and lighten my load.

troutman

Seed Whore
I used this pvc method for fish aquariums and it works nicely. Just give the pvc cement 2 or 3 days to fully cure and all should be good. :tiphat:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I wonder why they are struggling. What size are your pipes?

Fixer

It's only the specific plastic valve they were using. They said that the valve mfg. in England had gone out of business but no one had purchased the molds. They are looking for a replacement. I broke down and bought two new metal air manifolds to use until I find a solution.

Fixer

Those look like 1/4" drip lines. If so what's wrong with commercial drip irrigation manifolds like these from Lowes? Or is this an AIR manifold?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Orbit-8-Port-NPT-Irrigation-Manifold-with-Filter/3426558

Thanks for point those out. I've never used them and am kind of stuck in my ways. I was hoping to find a plastic version of the air manifolds I've been using. I may well end up going that route or valving the individual lines. I'm still practicing doing things the hard way. :D

Fixer

I've decided to skip the manifold and plug the emitters strait into the rubber tubing. I'm also going to valve each line so I can shut them off independently.