What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Multi strains selection

Rastak'

Hi!

I start this thread to show you the selection I'm actually doing with a friend.

The strains are :

- 11 Black Domina x Legend Ultimate Indica (don't have any information about this one)

- 9 ATA Tundra x Pakistan Citral Kush aka Attack (homecross made by a French grower RZ)

- 23 Cristal Boom F2 (homecross made by artisan du bonheur with a frosty Lebanese female and a sonic boom father from sonic seeds, F2 made by a french grower NT)

- 8 Zkittlez #6 BX F2 (F2 made by the same French grower NT with a selection of Zkittlez BX from Purple Caper seeds made by a French grower Gau)

BDxLUI & Attack just starting to grow since 3days and CB and Z is growing since 2 weeks now.
Under fluos ans CFL.

I will make cuts before bloom to select if we find a keeper.
Bloom is planned to start beginning of January for the BDxLUI & Attack.
For the 2 others, it's planned to start end of January.

Let's go for the pics. (look at the album to see all the pics)

picture.php

BD x LUI in orange
ATTACK in blue

picture.php

Zkittlez BX F2

picture.php

Cristal Boom F2

See you soon...

Rastak'

A little UP ;)

We removed 4 males. (2 Cristal Boom and 2 Zkittlez) No pics for these one but they will be soon all sexed.

And now pics of the BDxLUI and ATAxPCK. Transplanted today in 1.2L pots.

picture.php

Atack ATA x PCK

picture.php

BD x LUI

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Looks really good. Best of luck!

FWIW, it takes me 3 cycles to identify a keeper. First time around the plant isn't fully mature. Second time, even though the plant is more mature, one doesn't know enough about its growth pattern. Third time around we know what we're dealing with and can select a mom after harvest (I always clone backups). Seems like it takes forever - my entire life - but that how I'm able to pull a lot of product. The selection of genetics is a huge PITA and an accounting nightmare trying to keep track of all the plants, but I digress. Wish there was an easier and quicker way to go about it.

Simon

Rastak'

Hey Simon ;)

I like the way you do but with only 10, 20 or 30 seeds my only goal is to find something with taste so no need to do several runs to know if there is a keeper or not. Sometimes you may have doubts about 2 different phenotypes but this is not often.

I'm agree with you concerning the knowledge about the one you choose to keep. You have to do it several times to know her well and try to get the best from her.

Be welcome here mate ;)

Rastak'

Hi moses ;)

Yes indica session!! But I'm surprised to see the "Attack" with fastest leaves than the BDxLUI. We'll see...

Last edited:

Rastak'

Some pics of Cristal Boom F2 and Zkittlez BX F2

One more male Zkittlez removed (for now 3)

Zkittlez BX F2
picture.php

picture.php

Cristal Boom F2
picture.php

picture.php

Rastak'

Just to give you new about these ones. A lot of females on the Cristal Bloom and Zkittlez session so BDxLUI and Atack will wait one session before blooming. We have to use 2 spaces to finish the 2 first ones I mentioned.
Very soon I'll post pics, beginning of blooming :)

cannaquoa

Salut Rastak

Sa envoie ici, sympas les génétiques j'te souhaite de trouver du bon, j'me calle pour suivre.
bonne sélecta
A+

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Looks really good. Best of luck!

FWIW, it takes me 3 cycles to identify a keeper. First time around the plant isn't fully mature. Second time, even though the plant is more mature, one doesn't know enough about its growth pattern. Third time around we know what we're dealing with and can select a mom after harvest (I always clone backups). Seems like it takes forever - my entire life - but that how I'm able to pull a lot of product. The selection of genetics is a huge PITA and an accounting nightmare trying to keep track of all the plants, but I digress. Wish there was an easier and quicker way to go about it.

Simon

Simon, you could not have said it better! I fully agree and do the same. One can't properly evaluate a line by one grow. Often the clone will perform differently than the seed mother, different expressions at maturity, etc. Excellent post and I hope everyone reads it!

Rastak'

UP! :D

After sexing all the Zkittlez BX
F2 and the Cristal Boom F2, we have 18 females. If I remember well, 3 of them are Zkittlez.
So we decided to keep the first choice which was to make the run at my friend's home after his current session (ending about mid-February)

Knowing that and we arrive at the second point. First day of 12/12 for the Black Domina x Legend Ultimate Indica and the ATA Tundra x Pakistan Citral Kush is today.
They aren't all sexed but I have to put them in 12/12 because I need space to run the next seed session. (Nana Pie Garden Ablaze seeds)
I took cuts from all.
At Day 1, we have 8 BDxLUI and 6 are showing female traits. (3 males kept)
And 9 ATAxPCK with 3 females.

I hope having 4 or 5 males to allow them more space in the box.

No pics for today but soon :)

Rastak'

UP!! Very late and useless UP!!

All these were hermies. Some good smoke but nothing to keep. See you soon for a next run with seeds!