You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > CBN

Thread Title Search
CBN Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2020, 01:02 AM #1
billy_big_bud!
Proud Cannadian Cannabist

billy_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant future
CBN

does anyone have any resources regarding CBN? for example the most efficient methods of achieving CBN content in butter making ect. i currently have very little info and havent had much success finding anything reliable on the web. im hoping someone at icmag has some experience or links to relevant resources on this topic. thanks in advance.

Old 11-14-2020, 01:54 AM #2
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh has disabled reputation
I believe that the THC will degrade with time and temperature to CBN. Data suggests that a 4 hour butter extract is about right for decarbing with water (100*C). Taking that out to 6 hours may do the trick. If you can find a chart with a longer time it may have CBN lines too.

One way I found was to forget about a jar that is exposed to ambient heat but not sunlight, for a year. The brown dry buds are little sleeping pills.

Edit: I was making a batch of cookies last night and thought of another opportunity to covert THC to CBN. Sometimes when I am in a hurry or lazy, I will melt the frozen cannabutter in a cup on the stovetop. Once it is melted I stir in the lechithin. Last night I got distracted and the butter sat there a while hotter than 210*F I imagine. This is another opportunity to tune your butter to make sleep effects. A good study showing the conversion would be better than guessing.

https://extractionmagazine.com/2020/...ng-thc-to-cbn/

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Last edited by flylowgethigh; 11-15-2020 at 02:54 PM..
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2020, 02:37 AM #3
billy_big_bud!

billy_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant future
thanks for chiming in bro. from the limited information i have gathered thus far i was under the impression that 6 hours was the ideal time to activate CBN. that was just one source so im looking to cross reference information to make sure im on the right track. im also wondering if longer than 6 hours leads to more CBN or what the ideal conditions are for best results. i have heard the same thing about long term stored bud but who want to wait all that time right?

Old 11-30-2020, 09:03 PM #4
billy_big_bud!

cmon...somebody knows something....

Old 11-30-2020, 10:31 PM #5
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_big_bud! View Post
thanks for chiming in bro. from the limited information i have gathered thus far i was under the impression that 6 hours was the ideal time to activate CBN. that was just one source so im looking to cross reference information to make sure im on the right track. im also wondering if longer than 6 hours leads to more CBN or what the ideal conditions are for best results. i have heard the same thing about long term stored bud but who want to wait all that time right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_big_bud! View Post
cmon...somebody knows something....
I don't know crap on that subject but, I believe that if CBN is created by the degradation of THC, the more you go past the optimum time and temp, you will have a further decrease in THC without an appreciable increase in CBN. That is just an opinion mind you.

Some people understand when you tell them,
not to piss on an electric fence,
others have to find out for themselves. ~ Im'one

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

Civilization is the history of conspiracy!
What is civilization but, a conspiracy,
for all of us to do better, working together!
~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch..
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 11-30-2020, 11:35 PM #6
G.O. Joe

G.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant future
It's been discussed in the concentrates forum which has been here for a long time. There are no magic wands available for you to wave - if there was, no one is going to tell you how to make one for free so you can start selling them. So you're not going to find anything.
G.O. Joe is offline Quote

Old 12-01-2020, 12:21 AM #7
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O. Joe View Post
It's been discussed in the concentrates forum which has been here for a long time. There are no magic wands available for you to wave - if there was, no one is going to tell you how to make one for free so you can start selling them. So you're not going to find anything.
I understand but not everyone is interested in commercializing!

Some people understand when you tell them,
not to piss on an electric fence,
others have to find out for themselves. ~ Im'one

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

Civilization is the history of conspiracy!
What is civilization but, a conspiracy,
for all of us to do better, working together!
~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch..
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 12-01-2020, 12:35 AM #8
G.O. Joe

G.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant future
If it was said in PM, everyone would know tomorrow. If it was said here everyone would know now. The hack methods using heat and air and butter or something, is there serious testing on that, even basic before/after levels? Beware of eating something where it's not just the THC content that's changed.

Old 12-01-2020, 12:37 AM #9
billy_big_bud!

ya im not here for the commercialization of anything. just wanting to make some CBN for help with insomnia. @G.O. Joe would you mind sharing a link to where you are referring to in the concentrate forum as i have had no luck finding it through a search. @swithcher ya i am aware that it is created from a longer processing time when making butter but im hoping for an actual formula for optimum CBN creation as i would assume at some point if you kept cooking the CBN could potentially transform into a different compound. im trying to find the CBN sweet spot if you will. thanks to everyone contributing. i appreciate it.

Old 12-01-2020, 12:49 AM #10
G.O. Joe

For instance: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=348297 Whether or not you intend to profit off something someone posts doesn't mean a whole lot.