Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > First time grower with SILS on micro grow

Thread Title Search
First time grower with SILS on micro grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2020, 03:54 AM #1
Sampas92

Sampas92 is a jewel in the roughSampas92 is a jewel in the roughSampas92 is a jewel in the roughSampas92 is a jewel in the roughSampas92 is a jewel in the roughSampas92 is a jewel in the roughSampas92 is a jewel in the rough
First time grower with SILS on micro grow

Hi guys
After a lot of years reading about growing and after reading full threads of "screw in leds" and "terra preta" here on icmag i decided to go for it..little by little..a month at a time since the money is not abundant.
So my cabinet is 70cm height to 60 cm length and 35 width
I have a corsair ml120 12v 120mm with 100mm hole as exctrat that pulls 4mm h20 of static pressure to the future diy carbon filter with seven holes of 4 cm each for intake covered with somekind of mesh and a light trap made with panda filme under the cabinet.
The fan has its own light trap with made of cardboard.
The for nutes i have calmag grow and bloom for now.
The soil is some soil i bought in the bricolage store mixed with coco altough i bought biobizz light mix after the seed was on the first soil.
The soil is in a cat litter to gain head room that olds about 11 to 12 litres of soil not bad to 10cm height, drill alot of holes and thats it.
6 chinese 9w sils 3 6500k 3 2700k 720 lumens on the box
4 mini thermomethers with probe, on for the bottom part of the cabinet, one in the midle under the extract hole, another in the cannopy (now in the dome with the seedling), one stucked in the upper part of the soil. One analog hygrometer in the dome and the digital one have its probe stuck in the soil too but in the bottom part of the soil trough on of the holes
The analog thermometer his outside the cabinet to check the ambient temp in the room where the grow is. (i like to keep everything i can i check yeah kkkk)
Btw the temps in the dome is from 25 to 28/29c, the upper part of the soil is from 25 to 26/27/28c, the bottom part 23 to 26c, the cabinet is around 27 to 30c and the botom part of the cabinet is on 21 to 24c the humidity in the cabinet is around 30 to 45%..all of this depends how the day is.. for now i dont have the cabinet isolated, when i need it i put some blankets on top of it.

The seed is one auto skittles wich now i dont remember the seed bank.

She has 5 day since it got out of the soil, what you guys think? Shouldnt her be bigger by now?the soil is not over wattered, she has been in a good humidity range and the temps acepptable..waht you guys think?

Thank you guys i hope i can get the help from you along the way of my first grow and give me some oppinions on everything you see please

Now some pictures

]
Sampas92 is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:55 AM #2
Sampas92

Sampas92 is a jewel in the roughSampas92 is a jewel in the roughSampas92 is a jewel in the roughSampas92 is a jewel in the roughSampas92 is a jewel in the roughSampas92 is a jewel in the roughSampas92 is a jewel in the rough

[IMG]https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84674&pict ureid=2087990[/IMG

Old 10-29-2020, 03:56 AM #3
Sampas92

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:58 AM #4
Sampas92

She is now around 25 cm from the lights..it was at 30 but i raised..what you guys think?lower?

Old 10-29-2020, 04:30 AM #5
blynx
WALSTIB

blynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant future
If all the bulbs are turned on for that seedling, I would not move the lights/plant closer to each other.
blynx is offline Quote

Old 10-29-2020, 06:55 AM #6
Sampas92

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynx View Post
If all the bulbs are turned on for that seedling, I would not move the lights/plant closer to each other.

Blynx i must say, i read every single post on your thread, congrats, really, it got me here.

Thank you for your answer. Btw, since all the conditions are relativelly in check, ph of water and soil too, do you consider that she is going fine? 5/6 days old, maybe 5 cm heigth..what your opinion on that?

Old 10-29-2020, 07:15 AM #7
Sampas92

And yes they are all on..initially i only had the 3 6500k but then she streched and wilted and when i turn them all on she perked up. I droped her for where she was initially and thats 30 cm from the lights whitnthe humidity dome on

Old 11-20-2020, 07:50 PM #8
Sampas92

So since my plant stunted in the early days because of lack of tem and humidity control, i started over with a ney auto skitles in a 11litre cat litter with ligth mix from biobizz, also have calmag, grow and bloom from them.

Since i started over i made a few changes
Added a window to see but dont disturb

I added one heating cable disposed in a way that dont fry my roots and can heat the general space of the grow, and i added a mini humidifier with another one coming in its way to my house

You can see it in the corner on top of the lid with cotton all of that is controlled by a higrometer from aliexpress that works like a charm

Heatimg cooling humidifying dehumidifying everything.. now the temps are always on 25c, never above never under, with the humidity from 65 to 70% and with the fans always on, off for now since it didnt sprout yet.
The temps on the soil

And i switched all the bulbs to 9w 720lm 3x 65k 3x 27k but just for the first week or days of life will only be a 5w 400lm 65k cap on. The thing is, for what i read autos can be a bit sensitive to light intensity and i wonder if i was better with a sill with more diodes than one with less diodes, with the same specifications, but less intensity with more diodes?

Wish me luck this time..still have 2 more advaced seed auto skitles. One auto amnesia xxl and one auto cookies from dinafem..and one gift from the store a feminized photoperiod skunk from 00, but this one i will just germ it when i can get a mother cab, even if its a shit pheno, from my point of view, to someone who is starting with not a lot of money, have somenthing, even if its not the best is still better than nothing.

Wish me luck guys

Old 11-21-2020, 12:01 AM #9
noknees

noknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nicenoknees is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampas92 View Post
Wish me luck this time..still have 2 more advaced seed auto skitles. One auto amnesia xxl and one auto cookies from dinafem..and one gift from the store a feminized photoperiod skunk from 00, but this one i will just germ it when i can get a mother cab, even if its a shit pheno, from my point of view, to someone who is starting with not a lot of money, have somenthing, even if its not the best is still better than nothing.

Wish me luck guys

i would've gone with the skunk. should be at least decent, and you'll learn a lot and be able to recover from mistakes. plus the ability to mom/clone...you could grow it 2-3 times until you dial your space. you'd also see improved quality in later runs, and end up with a plant you can grow with your eyes closed.

starting out with LED, hydro and autos....man. that's tuff...

get a lux meter!

good luck

Old 11-21-2020, 03:09 AM #10
blynx
WALSTIB

blynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant futureblynx has a brilliant future
Good luck!

I have an auto bastard going and also worried about too much light intensity so I'm going with CFLs lol.

The screw in LEDs without domes are bright. I tried vegging under some daylight with the dome removed and the lights were about 16" away, and seemed to be too much for them so I swapped them out for some that still had the dome on them and the plants are looking better.
blynx is offline Quote