What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I saw this big bust

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Wow, just great. Keeping medicine from people who need it during a time of desperation. 16.9 mil for one farm seems a little inflated to me, but hey whatever you got to do to give famers the maximum prison sentence.

Cuddles

I agree

Those quotes about the market value of cannabis have always seemed a little exaggerated to me.

I so wish politicians would educate themselves better on this subject and the benefits of weed. Eg, medical, jobs, businesses, taxes etc

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I agree

Those quotes about the market value of cannabis have always seemed a little exaggerated to me.

I so wish politicians would educate themselves better on this subject and the benefits of weed. Eg, medical, jobs, businesses, taxes etc

- The politicians, lawyers, cops, Judges, jailers and a whole host of other fully employed trades already know about the benefits of cannabis/marijuana prohibition = a gravy-train of paychecks to them - and has done ever since alcohol prohibition ended - for most all of the past century -

- any legalization of cannabis hits their bottom-line - where instead of working easy busts of peaceful cultivators (a victimless crime) - they might have to go after a dangerous perpetrator of a violent crime - for the same money -

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
- The politicians, lawyers, cops, Judges, jailers and a whole host of other fully employed trades already know about the benefits of cannabis/marijuana prohibition = a gravy-train of paychecks to them - and has done ever since alcohol prohibition ended - for most all of the past century -

- any legalization of cannabis hits their bottom-line - where instead of working easy busts of peaceful cultivators - they might have to go after a perpetrator of a violent crime - for the same money -

Totally, if its peaceful pot growers vs gun holding meth factory which seems safer to go after?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I agree

I don't know if they do it in all cases, but I've seen the cops pull an entire plant out of the pot, shake off the dirt, and then weigh it, roots, stems, leaves and all, then claim the guy had 20lbs of pot.

H e d g e

- any legalization of cannabis hits their bottom-line - where instead of working easy busts of peaceful cultivators (a victimless crime) - they might have to go after a dangerous perpetrator of a violent crime - for the same money -

Many people who rely on cannabis for their health are reluctant to report being a victim of crime. If it were decriminalised, there would be more reporting of low level crime (rippers ect.) which I suspect would make life easier for and improve public relations with those listed above, who at present are seemingly responsible for exacerbating the situation while lining their pockets at the taxpayers expense.
The problem with decriminalisation or reason for the ongoing persecution of farmers in my opinion, is that it’s the only way to maintain the price.
Cannabis is the fastest biomass producer on the planet. If the price were allowed to reflect this fact, a large number of other industries would be unable to compete. Pharmaceuticals fibre and fuel ect.
The legal responsibility to act in the best interest of share holders goes some way to explain the obscene amount of money invested annually in lobbying for the continued prohibition of cannabis.

asher1er

Veteran
I don't know if they do it in all cases, but I've seen the cops pull an entire plant out of the pot, shake off the dirt, and then weigh it, roots, stems, leaves and all, then claim the guy had 20lbs of pot.

Well that's nice of them.. Down here in the states i know of more then a handful of bust that the crop was weighed with container and all. Worse for the guys who just fed them 18-25gal containers:wallbash:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Notice all the people arrested were Vietnamese? Makes you wonder why. Looked like a nice operation, and a lot of work.

Fixer

Wow, just great. Keeping medicine from people who need it during a time of desperation. 16.9 mil for one farm seems a little inflated to me, but hey whatever you got to do to give famers the maximum prison sentence.

The Australian dollar cost .71 US dollars. That's still almost 11.5 million US.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran

Dude in florida they weigh the container, medium and entire plant and THOSE numbers are the weight you're charged with when you're busted. As insane as that sounds, imagine you've just watered right before the bust.........

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Vietnamese gangs are known to be heavily involved in cannabis production in Australia.

Yea the vietnamese have been doing this for many moons. It's nothing new. Been happening for like 25 years or more that I know of. True hustlers. I admire their work ethic, but 80% of what they grow is basura...

OP

asher1er

Veteran
Dude in florida they weigh the container, medium and entire plant and THOSE numbers are the weight you're charged with when you're busted. As insane as that sounds, imagine you've just watered right before the bust.........

Guess it's safe to say its a Florida thing :wallbash:
People always wondered how a simple 24 plant grow house bust down this way would yield a multi million dollar street value, but wouldn't believe me when i told them how its weighed :laughing:

them 18 and 25gal pots are definitely heavy after a feeding:plant grow:

R

ResinFap

Vietnamese growers spread all over the world to grow that illegal crops.

Cuddles

Guess it's safe to say its a Florida thing :wallbash:
People always wondered how a simple 24 plant grow house bust down this way would yield a multi million dollar street value, but wouldn't believe me when i told them how its weighed :laughing:

them 18 and 25gal pots are definitely heavy after a feeding:plant grow:

LMAO by these standards every pot grower ougtha very extemely well off, if not silly rich :good:

Latest posts

Latest posts