Infected coco- Mold/fungus
Was at the shop today for equipement and some coco. The coco was stacked on top of each other with plastic around. It was clearly a little moist, and had some mold/fungus on the bag. Opened some of them up and I saw some on the coco coir, blue/greenish mold/fungus on it. Not much. Maybe started to heat a little in the middle of the stack. Unsure because of the temperatue differention with outisde vs inside temp .
I plan on using it in a grow doing both salt fertlizer and organic methods...
Have somebody tried to compost coco? I know it doesnt break down SOOO fast, so you can re-use it, BUT how fast? And how will this mold/fungus affect it all?
I wondered to kill the infection before it continues...? To have a more "clean" start..
I got it for free.....