Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Is that fruiting body or are you just happy to see me?

Thread Title Search
Is that fruiting body or are you just happy to see me? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2020, 11:31 PM #1
thedudefresco

thedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to all
Is that fruiting body or are you just happy to see me?

Good Morning Mycelium?

thedudefresco is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:39 AM #2
unregistered190

unregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivor
unregistered190 has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Nice little eco-system....good job
unregistered190 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:41 AM #3
Veggia farmer

Veggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud of
Love the diversity!

Old 10-14-2020, 03:17 PM #4
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Question

I've been trying to figure out what kind of "fruiting bodies" these are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201006_080959-mush.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	550335

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgHn_VnTfeo

Trump's Final Call-in on Tuesday November 3, Fox News Youtube Channel
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2020, 03:35 PM #5
Chunkypigs
have clones, will travel...

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
I've been trying to figure out what kind of "fruiting bodies" these are.
Agaricus, meadow mushroom, those are the ones you buy in the store.
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:36 PM #6
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of lightTanzanianMagic is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudefresco View Post
Good Morning Mycelium?

View Image
Now that's what I call organic.

I think the real companion planting for cannabis is just cannabis and fungi. Also notice how the leaves don't show any nutrient deficiencies.

Also, I wonder if anyone has tried a combination of psilocybin mushroom strain and cannabis?

Just a thought.
TanzanianMagic is online now Quote

Old 10-24-2020, 08:15 PM #7
thedudefresco

thedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to all
haha. I thought about that upon seeing these mushrooms tbh.

I found out what these rather non-magical shrooms are though. I believe they are known as the plant pot dapperling.

I suspect that wood barrel has a role to play. At first, I thought it was due to all the organic rich amendments, but then, I noticed a rose plant in a nearby wood barrel sprouting the same types of mushrooms. Both have been mulched with alfalfa.

From my research, they don't necessarily cause any harm or benefit, and are eating the decomposing topsoil and material. But yes, I have used this soil in other fabric pots and they don't sprout this type of mushroom, however I have seen the white mushrooms in fabric pots.

Old 10-24-2020, 09:14 PM #8
Sunshineinabag

Sunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivor
What kinda cultivars are the two colas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201021_102743.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	551111 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201021_102732.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	551112
Sunshineinabag is online now Quote

Old 10-24-2020, 09:43 PM #9
thedudefresco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshineinabag View Post
What kinda cultivars are the two colas?
I spot the oak leaf (i think) ! I have those around too. always want to collect them and use as mulch but they end up being prickly and housing a tad too many creepy crawlies where they pile up on their own....id rather let em be.. haha

Cultivar is Zamaldelica which is marketed as being comprised of classical sativa type genetics from S.E Asia and S. Africa, I believe. I was interested in growing it out of a desire to try a "pure" sativa. Last year I grew Kumaoni which is marketed as a landrace type sativa from Asia. I liked the effect, even as an unworked cultivar.

I'm super excited to see how this Zamaldelica turns out, though. I've had her for a while and she's been through the wringer!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=374486&page=5 I have some more pics of her here

Old 10-25-2020, 03:14 PM #10
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkypigs View Post
Agaricus, meadow mushroom, those are the ones you buy in the store.
are mine unusually big, or is it another species ?

they're bigger than 10 cm, more like 15 cm, 6 inches.

would love to "just eat them" - sauteed in butter - other than the fact that they could be poison ... I don't know much about mushrooms, other than SOME are poisonous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgHn_VnTfeo

Trump's Final Call-in on Tuesday November 3, Fox News Youtube Channel
St. Phatty is offline Quote