What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis and the Adrenal Glands

G

Does anyone know the effects cannabis has on the adrenal glands?

Just curious!

Thanks

G

Who is Steve Kubby?

I'm wondering, becuase I think I have some form of adrenal fatigue. I have been off caffeine now for close to 7 weeks. I'm not sure how long it will take me for my adrenals to fully recover if they are indeed messed up, but I was wondering if marijuana would effect them at all.

I googled cortisol and marijuana...and some say marijuana has no effect on cortisol, and others say it does have an effect.

They say with Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome, you can take herbs and stuff to help your adrenal glands... but I'm just eating healthy, exercising moderately, and avoiding stimulants... and wonder if the marijuana would help me to concentrate more on everyday tasks and things.

Specifically, I think it would help me with motivation to finish school and just keep going with my life. I don't want to use it if its going to make me worse though.

mars2112

always hopeful yet discontent
Veteran
Indicad2006 said:
Who is Steve Kubby?

http://www.kubby.com/

he is a cancer patient who uses MMJ to manage his symptoms. he was arrested and incarcerated for growing his medicine. steve believes cannabis has kept him alive despite having a rare form of adrenal cancer.

They say with Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome, you can take herbs and stuff to help your adrenal glands... but I'm just eating healthy, exercising moderately, and avoiding stimulants... and wonder if the marijuana would help me to concentrate more on everyday tasks and things.

well, your body may just be adjusting to the lack of caffeine.. i don't know anything about adrenal fatigut syndrome though.. but good for you for eating healthy and exercising! keep it up. some people find cannabis helps them concentrate, so maybe it will help you. have you talked to a doctor?

G

Well, I'm not sure if I have Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome...but I do know that I have problems with cortisol. The things that have made me feel better in life, were meditation, paxil, and cigarettes. Neways... I think its possible I was trying to up my glucose levels all the time... at least thats what the cigarettes did. I don't smoke anymore.

Its just hard to concentrate on schoolwork now, since stopping caffeine.

G

Mars - I used to have a recommendation while living in Cali. I was "soar2thaclouds" on overgrow.com. Remember me?

Neways, I think it does help me concentrate, or at least be more motivated.

But I seemed to have problems with it earlier... but I think it could have been more related to caffeine. The thing is... in my life... I have had a lot of problems with anxiety...like social phobias and GAD. The times I have felt the best were on paxil and later when I tried organic tobacco for 6 months. My theory, is that the cigarettes and paxil were just reducing and masking a possible caffeine-induced anxiety disorder.

So, after reading Caffeine Blues... I decided to get off the caffeine. I have to say, anxiety is definitely a lot lower. I have energy for things...it seems.

But when it comes to concentrating on schoolwork, it can be hard... I just don't have any motivation.

Neways, I guess your right...I could still be readjusting to the lack of caffeine. Maybe I'll tinker around with vaporizing to see if it can help me get through another month off caffiene.

mars2112

always hopeful yet discontent
Veteran
edit.. hey i remember you soar2theclouds!! i didn't know you were here, nice to see you!

i can relate, i've tried to quit my morning coffee many times lol.. i've just succumbed to it at this point :) (besides cocoa beans have high levels of antioxidants and has been linked to preventing diabetes, so i consider it a health food lol)

i guarantee if you keep up your healthy eating and exercise you will feel better soon.. balanced eating & exercise is seriously underestimated in this country

Last edited:
G

Yeah I am feeling better. Actually a few days after I wrote that I started feeling better. Also I feel better now that I decided to just let go of my past relationship...its been almost 2 months, and I'm watering a dead tree!

G

I just thought I'd update this thread. The last week I decided to start using raw marijuana. I would use 1/4 teaspoon of the marijuana and just mix it in a shake and drink it raw...

I noticed some interesting effects...

But, I seem to have come across something else.... I notice that, after using a coffee grinder, there gets to be "kief" (i think thats what it is!) on the top of the grinder. I have noticed when I have mixed that in with more of the raw marijuana that was ground... that my experience isn't as good.

I'm not sure why this is. I had some good experiences with it initially, and was able to get a lot of stuff done that I needed to. I was able to focus better on my schoolwork, in some respects.

I wonder now, that when I added the kief to the mix...was I just getting too high of a dosage? Or...maybe there is something with the marijuana OTHER than the THC that is medicinal to my system... so when I added all the topped trichome glands, I was getting too much THC which I didn't need, which made things worse.

Its hard to know...it could just be a dosage issue. Cuz with eating its hard to tell how "high" you are.. etc etc.

So, I guess I was just a bit bummed..cuz I haven't had consistent results.. some good...and some not so good....