What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yo Ace whattup with that zamal pure line?

sbeanonnamellow

Is this a line that gets restocked on occasion?

Also, is there anything with that meao thai as a hybrid besides Destroyer from Cannabiogen? I assume that one's never been released pure.

Much love

ipchains

Hi, sbeanonnamellow, I'll try to help a bit:
Zamal (Gerrit's Cut) seeds are not available in pure form, only Zamaldelica (Zamal x (old killer malawi x Meao Thai)) gets restock on ocassion, but usually is sold out very fast ??
Alternatively, there are Purple Zamal x Malawi and Purple Zamal x NepJam Hybrids as well
Regarding Meao Thai hybrid - AFAIK Meao Thai Male is no longer alive (R.I.P), so your best chances of getting Meao Thai leaning plant (except CBG's Destroyer of course) in ACE's current line-up is Zamaldelica Standard (more Thai influence than fem version) or you can still find old OTHaze x Meao Thai and Double Thai (Koh Chang Thai x Meao Thai) seeds at ACE's Spanish Seed Retailers' shops...

Hope it helps!
Cheers.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi sbeanonnamellow and ipchains,

We never have offered Zamal in pure form since the line produced mainly females, and the occasional male was hermie,
so we had to work with Zamal A mother green mango carrot pheno from Gerrit (Magus Genetics) in outcrosses like Zamaldelica: Zamal A x Old Killer Malawi/Meao Thai male.

We also produced other Zamal hybrids like Zamal x China Yunnan, Zamal x PCK, Zamal x Thai .... Zamal x Thai was terrific ... pebble recently gave me the last Zamal x Thai F1 seeds.

Currently working on producing a 75 % Zamal hybrid: purple Zamal x Zamaldelica, which i expect will be more Zamal dominant than Zamaldelica and will avoid most of the hermie problems of pure Zamal lines.

Purple Haze Thai, Green Haze Thai and Double Thai limited editions are discontinued since 2015, but i have plenty of seeds from these lines at F2-F3 stage, pebble still has seeds of the original F1s.

sbeanonnamellow

Thanks you guys this was helpful. Saw there are some zamaldelica stock at Real Gorilla Seeds and they even have some zamaldelica x ethiopian available as freebies too. That's pretty awesome.

Sounds like I should keep an eye out for future releases with the thai genetics, nice to know they're still being worked. Appreciate the replies. Much love.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Purple Haze Thai, Green Haze Thai and Double Thai limited editions are discontinued since 2015, but i have plenty of seeds from these lines at F2-F3 stage, pebble still has seeds of the original F1s.

Zamal x thai sound amazing to my ears.... :headbange:

Well, Dubi, I certainly don't want to put my nose into your trade, but "someone" around here would like a return of double thai ... :kiss: :D you know those exotic sativas that never cease to bloom?
:dancer: