You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > -The Social Dilemma-

Thread Title Search
-The Social Dilemma- Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2020, 01:44 AM #1
GET MO
Registered Med User

GET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivor
Exclamation -The Social Dilemma-

Who has watched it? Its a pretty good Netflix documentary, u can see its true when you go on any social site and look at the rhetoric. I think everyone should watch it.
I learned a lot of the info it gives from a class called Coms 101: Mass Media Communication and Information Management at Sac State, but its crazy having some of the actual designers break it down and show their regret and want tk make it better.
GET MO is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:09 AM #2
CosmicGiggle
Super Moderator

CosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivor
Wink

Would like to watch it but don't have Netflix.

I wonder if zuckerberg has any regrets or really wants to make things better or even cares at all about anything beyond money and success?
CosmicGiggle is online now Quote

Old 09-22-2020, 03:03 AM #3
GET MO
Registered Med User

GET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGiggle View Post

I wonder if zuckerberg has any regrets or really wants to make things better or even cares at all about anything beyond money and success?
I dont know. When I seen him talk, Im not exactly sure he is even human. I think he either a robot or alien. But leaning toward alien robot.
GET MO is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:14 AM #4
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGiggle View Post

Zuckerberg bought 1 city block in Palo Alto, and 1 square mile in Hawaii.

in so doing, he forced out the habitat for hundreds of local people.

I hope the Da Hui (Hawaiian Surfer Gang) feed his entrails to the porpoises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW1lY5jFNcQ

The "Debate".
St. Phatty is online now Quote

Old 09-22-2020, 04:27 AM #5
Crooked8

Crooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivor
I watched it. I hated the idea of being a product as they pictured it. Since seeing it, ive actually removed myself from social media.
Karma Genetics SourRado Testers:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=365603
Karma/Hortilab Collaboration Tester Thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=292385
Crooked8 is online now Quote

Old 09-22-2020, 05:17 AM #6
GET MO
Registered Med User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooked8 View Post
I watched it. I hated the idea of being a product as they pictured it. Since seeing it, ive actually removed myself from social media.
Yeah I been deleting my facebook for a few months then gettin back ever since I took that class in like 2016, mainly when Im learnin something like photography n wanna talk to people in the groups. I used to tell people all the little “what game of thrones character are you?” N all that quizes were actually collecting data and making psychological profiles of you and they would tell me ima conspiracy theorist. Like bruh i learned this shit in college the info is available. Smdh. But now Im glad they made this movie, its good to hear it from the actual creators, and good to know they are making an effort to make this knowledge more mainstream.
GET MO is offline Quote

Old 09-22-2020, 11:06 AM #7
Crooked8

Crooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivorCrooked8 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by GET MO View Post
Yeah I been deleting my facebook for a few months then gettin back ever since I took that class in like 2016, mainly when Im learnin something like photography n wanna talk to people in the groups. I used to tell people all the little “what game of thrones character are you?” N all that quizes were actually collecting data and making psychological profiles of you and they would tell me ima conspiracy theorist. Like bruh i learned this shit in college the info is available. Smdh. But now Im glad they made this movie, its good to hear it from the actual creators, and good to know they are making an effort to make this knowledge more mainstream.
Totally, i really appreciated it a lot!
Crooked8 is online now Quote

Old 09-22-2020, 04:43 PM #8
billy_big_bud!
Proud Cannadian Cannabist

billy_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant futurebilly_big_bud! has a brilliant future
so eye opening and enlightening but truthfully it really just reconfirms what i already knew. what surprised me is the lengths they will go to in order to suck you in. there really is an aspect to it that should cause concern for any level headed person. i have reconsidered my entire online presence and even took the time to consider whether icmag could be considered social media.(spoiler-i will never stop coming to icmag)

Old 09-22-2020, 04:47 PM #9
Weird

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
TBH it blows my mind people aren't self aware enough to know their actions have been engineered.

galatians 6:7

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:41 PM #10
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Karl Popper

In his classic political science book, The Open Society and Its Enemies, volume I, The Spell of Plato (1945), Karl Popper examined the application of the critical and rational methods of science to the problems of the open society. In this respect, he made a crucial distinction between the principles of democratic social engineering (what he called "piecemeal social engineering") and Utopian social engineering.

Popper wrote:

The piecemeal engineer will, accordingly, adopt the method of searching for, and fighting against, the greatest and most urgent evils of society, rather than searching for, and fighting for, its greatest ultimate good.[15]

According to Popper, the difference between "piecemeal social engineering" and "Utopian social engineering" is:

"It is the difference between a reasonable method of improving the lot of man, and a method which, if really tried, may easily lead to an intolerable increase in human suffering.

It is the difference between a method which can be applied at any moment, and a method whose advocacy may easily become a means of continually postponing action until a later date, when conditions are more favorable. And it is also the difference between the only method of improving matters which has so far been really successful, at any time, and in any place, and a method which, wherever it has been tried, has led only to the use of violence in place of reason, and if not to its own abandonment, at any rate to that of its original blueprint -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social...itical_science)

1 members found this post helpful.