Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Turning shatter into something for edibles.

Thread Title Search
Turning shatter into something for edibles. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2020, 05:33 AM #1
40AmpstoFreedom

40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future
Turning shatter into something for edibles.

While trying all sorts of concentrates and different sources I have about half p of bs shatter. It is nice stuff but I guess I don't like shatter /shrug and neither does anyone I know so far cuz the smell is just boring and light on most.

I need to decarb it right? Was thinking melt it down cut it with coconut oil or butter and dose 100mg worth of thc in cookies or something. Or melt it down and blend it into some melted caramel...Have no idea how potency will be measured but I guess it will be fun testing...or not lol. Gonna start with very small pieces.

Click here for a link to all of my grows
40AmpstoFreedom is offline Quote

Old 09-19-2020, 07:17 AM #2
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
If you have high grade 90%+ ethanol you could dissolve some shatter into it and use that in your recipes.
The alcohol would evaporate as you cook. Just pay attention how much grams goes into each mL of alcohol
so you can apply the right amount with maybe a plastic syringe to whatever your cooking. Syringes have
graduated numbers on them so you know how much mL(s) to use.

Waiting for Government approval sucks.

Terpene Amplification
troutman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:27 PM #3
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Shatter will dissolve in vegetable oils and animal fats, which can be used for cooking. To decarboxylate, I wild set a container of the concentrate in a 250F oil bath and when the CO2 bubble production suddenly falls off, I would add the oil and stir it together. You can then use the oil for cooking.

As TM noted, you can also mix it with ethanol and use it in cooking.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

https://graywolfslair.com/
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:47 PM #4
Mr. J

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40AmpstoFreedom View Post
.Have no idea how potency will be measured but I guess it will be fun testing...or not lol. Gonna start with very small pieces.
I don't know why you're so hung up about dosing each individual piece with exactly 100mg of stuff. You just have to mix it all together well, make whatever you're making, and do a bit of math to figure out what's what. As long as you weigh it before you start all you need to do is some simple arithmetic.
Mr. J is online now Quote

Old 09-19-2020, 05:25 PM #5
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivor
I always measure my potency the old fashioned way. I am approximately this high and the next day it took this long to figure why everything is so slow. Once you established how high they can get you. Just scale back until you feel you are not doing the bad thing to anyone you are sharing with.

Or do the math
bigtacofarmer is online now Quote

Old 09-20-2020, 05:09 PM #6
40AmpstoFreedom

40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future
Thanks guys solid advice. I am sure these first few replies will answer a ton of questions for others. I am going to make vegetable oil and dose it with syringe. Reason I want to be exact is everyone is on those doses now and I am taking someones business from them so my product needs to be better. If no competition I probably would not care and would dosem all at 50 or just testem my self.

Old 09-20-2020, 05:35 PM #7
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
If you're doing production, measuring each dose individually will shut the entire operation down at scale.

Better to know your starting potency and mix well during the production process. You can always test the resulting product and advertise with the mean value.
Mikell is offline Quote

Old 09-20-2020, 05:38 PM #8
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
If you are going to make edibles for sale, good luck. better be able to get a handle on how potent that shatter is, and go from there. People react so very differently to edibles, you should at least be able to have consistant dosages. Like my cookies... I have only an estimate of the potency of the ABV I make butter from, as I dump all the AVB from different strains together. Plus, how much of the goodies vaped off? I assume 10% left.

Then when making butter, even though I use the same 75gr of ABV, the amount of butter remaining after the cooking process is completed changes from batch to batch, so I have more or less of the butter it is dissolved in, making the concentration change. The amount of the butter that goes into a batch remains the same (1/2 cup), but how strong is that butter?

IMO, another key aspect is taste and texture of the product. You need to work at it until your product is just really yummy to eat.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

Old 09-20-2020, 05:42 PM #9
40AmpstoFreedom

Well the shatter is simply because I have half p I dont want bother selling anymore because my crumble is fuckin insane and I have most every strain I wanted in it. I will be moving to 240 ml jars of distillate and cutting it with something probably vegetable oil on to straight oreoes. I am selling dist oreos 5 per pack at 25 a pack 100 mg a oreo lol....He is selling them like hot cakes at 50 a bag.

Old 09-20-2020, 06:09 PM #10
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
Explain the oreos thing please. Cookies from a package and you put the distilate on them? They are bringing $5 each @ 100 mg in qtys of 5 or 50?

I get about 50 cookies in a batch from 1/2 cup of butter. IMO $5 is a good price for a cookie, and that would be $250 a batch. Trying to sell a 1/2 cup of butter even @$100, would be a stretch around here. They are broke. I give away cookies to friends instead, one broke friend in particular, who comes by in the evenings when I am down at the ponds feeding the fish, as he is on his last strands.

I only thought about the math because a woman who is absolutely dead set against pot, asked me for a cookie the other day. It was for a friend of hers that is going through chemo and has nausea, and couldn't smoke for some reason. I had one that I gave her, but what if it worked and the person wanted more?

LOL. Cookie eaters... mmmpff, mmpfffh, mmmm LOL. https://youtu.be/xFYJ4nSvDB0?t=128

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Last edited by flylowgethigh; 09-20-2020 at 06:37 PM..
flylowgethigh is offline Quote