Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Anyone notice how slow forums became?

Thread Title Search
Anyone notice how slow forums became? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2020, 08:14 PM #1
Hubbleman

Hubbleman has much to be proud ofHubbleman has much to be proud ofHubbleman has much to be proud ofHubbleman has much to be proud ofHubbleman has much to be proud ofHubbleman has much to be proud ofHubbleman has much to be proud ofHubbleman has much to be proud ofHubbleman has much to be proud ofHubbleman has much to be proud ofHubbleman has much to be proud of
Unhappy Anyone notice how slow forums became?

I dont mean slow loading, i mean lack of participation, nothings happening for hours, then 1 reply to one thread.

Remember Overgrow? Youd make a thread and within 10 minutes thered be 20 replies
Hubbleman is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:03 PM #2
Gone Camping

Gone Camping is a name known to allGone Camping is a name known to allGone Camping is a name known to allGone Camping is a name known to allGone Camping is a name known to allGone Camping is a name known to allGone Camping is a name known to allGone Camping is a name known to allGone Camping is a name known to allGone Camping is a name known to allGone Camping is a name known to all
Social media...

I'll always be a forum visitor for the benefit of searching for info or tech.
Gone Camping is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:55 AM #3
thailer

thailer has much to be proud ofthailer has much to be proud ofthailer has much to be proud ofthailer has much to be proud ofthailer has much to be proud ofthailer has much to be proud ofthailer has much to be proud ofthailer has much to be proud ofthailer has much to be proud ofthailer has much to be proud ofthailer has much to be proud of
i'm sorta venting about something similar elsewhere. that all the older members have left or they don't post often. the only ones that do post are newer members want their hand held and reassurance. its just not the same anymore. tell someone they need to read more and they cry, get upset posting a bunch, then the other new people will surround them pandering to all this. someone else i told to come over because they thought it was slow said its a bunch of whiners so yeah there are more posts but quality is down the toilet.

Old 09-09-2020, 01:14 AM #4
CosmicGiggle
Super Moderator

CosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivor
Overgrow (RIP) had plenty of regular down/slow times, especially on the weekends/holidays, especially during Summer.
CosmicGiggle is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:27 AM #5
low_and_slow

low_and_slow is a jewel in the roughlow_and_slow is a jewel in the roughlow_and_slow is a jewel in the roughlow_and_slow is a jewel in the roughlow_and_slow is a jewel in the roughlow_and_slow is a jewel in the roughlow_and_slow is a jewel in the rough
Honestly when you sort by new it's only 10% cannabis related. The rest is just insane people and their bizarre political opinions...
low_and_slow is offline Quote

25 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:40 AM #6
rolandomota

rolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant future
Yes rants and no pics oops I'm guilty that's why I'm seriously thinking I should stfu and only post about weed so 20 years from now I can look back and say I didn't waste my time here

Old 09-09-2020, 01:41 AM #7
TakenByTheSky

TakenByTheSky has a brilliant futureTakenByTheSky has a brilliant futureTakenByTheSky has a brilliant futureTakenByTheSky has a brilliant futureTakenByTheSky has a brilliant futureTakenByTheSky has a brilliant futureTakenByTheSky has a brilliant futureTakenByTheSky has a brilliant futureTakenByTheSky has a brilliant futureTakenByTheSky has a brilliant futureTakenByTheSky has a brilliant future
Blame instagram, the home of instant gratification and internet nut swinging. I also blame outdated forum platforms that failed to capture the interest of newer and younger growers.
TakenByTheSky is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:50 AM #8
Sunshineinabag

Sunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivor
Humans you say?
Sunshineinabag is offline Quote

Old 09-09-2020, 01:52 AM #9
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivor
Plus it's legal now in a lot of places. Cannabis culture has changed for better or for worse, but it's mainstream. A forum dedicated to growing weed will be like any niche forum, while social media will cover the large bulk of posts. Personally I made it about a week on instagram before I deleted my account because I felt stupider just reading their posts. If you want instant responses from a knowledgeable person, they have consultants for that now. I know for me the days of the public forum might be winding down, this is the only one I frequent with any regularity to be honest. But I'll keep coming back as long as there is quality posts and people.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:58 AM #10
Phaeton
Speed of Dark

Phaeton has a brilliant futurePhaeton has a brilliant futurePhaeton has a brilliant futurePhaeton has a brilliant futurePhaeton has a brilliant futurePhaeton has a brilliant futurePhaeton has a brilliant futurePhaeton has a brilliant futurePhaeton has a brilliant futurePhaeton has a brilliant futurePhaeton has a brilliant future
Wink

I spent most of my days on three forums.
Knife making, Pontiac Fiero, and here.

Old and retired, arthritis ended knife work, reflexes ended crazy driving, but the photo threads here kept me even though my garden retired a couple years ago.
Coincident with legalization.

But I post so much less now. It is difficult to take the hateful speech seriously at a site dedicated to getting high.

Without that true vitriol directed with belligerent hate we will never compete with the pure social sites.

So I stay and sometimes when a post of deliberate falsehoods and attacks get through to me?
Why, I get up and have another hit and all is well and I snicker at the idiot.
Beats the heck out of stressing the dumb stuff.

Less but friendlier, let that be our motto.
Phaeton is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.