What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dehumidifier recommendation

bob_ross

Looking for a good dehumidifier recommendation. I live on the east coast very close to the ocean. So it gets humid during the summer and fall. I am in my last stages of flowering and still in 60-70% RH. I grow in a two 2x4 tent in using coco coir and liquid nute. My apartment is a ground level, so it get extra humid. I am trying to dehumidify the whole apartment which is around 600-700sqft. Can you please recommend me some decent and reliable dehumidifier. I would like to keep my humidity at 50% and bring down to 40% at last stages of flowering. I bought this one Airplus 50pint off amazon but it seems very underpowered and also reading the humidity with 10% error. Will be returning it and looking for something in replacement.

G

I have two small 30 pint dehumidifiers. One in the grow room and one in the basement where the room is situated. They both play off one another in the sense that when one is on, the other is usually off. And neither is running for more than 6-7 hours per day. Keeps my humidity in check but doesn't dry out the whole of the house. Its cool to see how much water you feed your plants, and how much you recover in the next 24 hours. I tried to use the dehu water for the plants, and although the ppm is quite low, the water is too acidic for my use.