Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > My XMAS Gift!!!

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
My XMAS Gift!!! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2006, 12:28 AM #1
Blunt_69
the keeper of the creeper

Blunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the rough
My XMAS Gift!!!

There is only one real time that my system requires alot of work, That is in the begining. I grow my clones in soil and let them rootball in an extreamly small pot size, untill its time to transplant into the trays.

This method works well because they dont really go into a major shock, they go what I call hydro shock. I this i think is due to the fact I dont clean the dirt out, and disturb the root system. Rather, let the root ball hold everything in and expand massivly once transplanted into my 8 inch netpots.

This is the first time using the trays fully loaded!!! I always seem to be short a plant or two....but not this time!!You may have noticed that I have pruned my babies very early in life, and has resulted in 2-4 main branches from each clone.

Same basic growing style. No flushes, but i will be watching the PPM & PH levels more closely throughout this grow.I also added some support bamboo when they are larger, had major problems with branches falling over last crop!!! WAYYY easier at the start when you are just putting medium in.

Here are some starting pictures of the Magic Trays!! These wil be Xmas buds!! Can't wait!!This room perpetually harvests every three months.

Last edited by Blunt_69; 11-26-2006 at 11:27 PM..
Blunt_69 is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2006, 12:36 AM #2

how much longer they gonna veg for before the flip? what strain?

Old 10-02-2006, 12:39 AM #3
Blunt_69

Blunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the rough
These will veg for a month, then i'll flip em. Should be about 6-10 inches away from the top of the bamboo(perfect size!)

Northern Lights and Northern lights X dutch treat.January I hope to have a new deadly strain to try in the trays.

Last edited by Blunt_69; 10-02-2006 at 12:42 AM..

Old 10-02-2006, 11:13 AM #4
rule35sub1

Sounds like you may have a merry xmas.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:02 PM #5
Blunt_69

Went out and bought a cool new remote temp/humity sensor. It allows me to see just what my shows doing from outside the box!!!

Man my room is far from perfect.Now that i can see whats going on. THe AC unit is on the way. Temps are peaking at 35 degrees celcius. and my relitive humitity is 23%...not good, not good. I had no idea it was this hot in there,

My question is this, if i bring the temps down with AC, will the humitity go up?? I also have a small dehumidifier on it's way however, according to my numbers i need a humidifier. Or do the kenmores do both?? The ones i have seen you set a humitity and it maintians it.

What i plan on doing is venting the light directly with in out fans, and controling the ambient air with AC. What kind of effect on humitity will this have??

Old 10-02-2006, 07:05 PM #6
vhGhost

if your not going to vent the room itself then your relative humidity should go up!

Old 10-02-2006, 07:15 PM #7
jediknightsmoke

jediknightsmoke will become famous soon enough
When using an AC unit you need to vent the hot air from the AC exhaust out of the room. Part of the process used by AC units takes humidity from the air. Some units use the water collected from the air to cool the condensor in the AC. It may depend on the type of unit you are using. I haven't used the window units so I don't know much about them.

In my room I have both a humidifier and an portable AC unit. On hot days when the AC is running almost non stop, the humidity drops considerably. It sucks my humidifier dry pretty quick.
jediknightsmoke is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2006, 08:09 PM #8
Blunt_69

Quote:
if your not going to vent the room itself then your relative humidity should go up!
I hope so. As everyone knows 40% 24-27C is the sweet spot. Ive been wanting to make the change for awhile,I finally found a decent deal on an AC unit. Window mounted.

Once i get this figured, it's CO2 time!!

Old 10-02-2006, 08:28 PM #9
jediknightsmoke

jediknightsmoke will become famous soon enough
All air conditioners remove water from the air, even wall mounted units. So even if you have the room sealed off, the AC will lower the RH.

Here is a quote I found

Quote:
Although most people know that air conditioners cool the air, fewer realize that air conditioning is half cooling and half humidity control.
I am pretty sure that you will need a good a humidifier.
jediknightsmoke is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2006, 08:49 PM #10
Blunt_69

sweet, those are far less then dehumidifiers! Thanks jedi!

Just picked up a 465 blower fan.gawd i feel raped...100$.That was 50 $ off too. I absolutly hate paying those kind of prices...but...ah well whats done is done. IM going to try a quick fix untill my AC arrives. The guy at the hydro store said to bring it back if it dont work!

Thanks enviro experts!!

Last edited by Blunt_69; 10-03-2006 at 02:38 AM..