What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pistels browning at week 3/4

budau

Hey all,

I've never experienced this before so I'm a little concerned. I've got 3 different strains, using 2 different methods (organic soil + hydro) and it appears to be affecting all of them. I can't verify the 3rd strain which is at the back at the moment as it's tight to get to. It's pretty compact in there, I've been stripping a lot of the big fan leaves where I can.

Any ideas what it is? I'm thinking it's the worst and I've possibly got a hermie in there that's pollinated them. Or perhaps it's early signs of bud rot? Perhaps its these new LEDs that I have them under, never used them before and they're about a foot away. The bud sites near the top are fine though, it appears to be sporadic.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

budau

It appears they are ripening....you WANT that!!!

Hey aridbud,

These are 9-10 week flowering plants. I don't recall seeing pistels brown at this stage, but I have but defoliating recently. So perhaps it was me disturbing them? Here's some more images.

I hope I'm overthinking this!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They turn brown from being broken, pollinated, or burnt.

True!

However if on 12/12 light regimen for blooming and plant has been healthy(they look beautiful!), changes will be occurring (ripening towards harvest).

I agree, changing pistils can take on a brownish color due to several factors Xantch mentioned: light burn (if light too close), accidental pollination, or stress.

From the looks of things, they've not been stressed.

Watch them, water them, wait for a nice harvest!! Good luck!

rolandomota

Veteran
Definitely overthinking most people here tend to do that and that's not mature pistils they are very clear still

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree, those dont look like browning to me. Seeing a few here and there is nothing. Many things can cause that.

St. Phatty

Any ideas what it is? I'm thinking it's the worst and I've possibly got a hermie in there that's pollinated them. Or perhaps it's early signs of bud rot?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

you care about your plants & that's good ! :party:

wish i could get a friend to care that much about one of his cats, which has had an infected cut for 2 weeks & he has done nothing. except talk about it.