Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Several issues? Maybe? #FirstTimeGrowing

Thread Title Search
Several issues? Maybe? #FirstTimeGrowing Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2020, 12:40 AM #1
Ha7riD

Ha7riD is on a distinguished road
Several issues? Maybe? #FirstTimeGrowing

So I went on vacation and my friend was coming over to check on the plants all the time. I came home this last Saturday to the big plants soil being completely dry. I watered it a little bit then, then the next day it dried out again so I watered it a little more then the first time. But now the top leaves started turning redish/brown and its a 50/50 on what the leaves are doing.

Humidity is at 60-75% and Temps are at 65-75 at all times.

Any help would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200806_182325.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	544075 Click image for larger version

Name:	15967532077058720019620690036785.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	544076
Ha7riD is offline Quote

Old 08-07-2020, 02:37 AM #2
Fixer

Fixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud ofFixer has much to be proud of
I'd drench the soil and then let it dry again. You're growing in soil not coco right? Are you feeding it any fertilizer?

Old 08-07-2020, 03:15 AM #3
Ha7riD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixer View Post
I'd drench the soil and then let it dry again. You're growing in soil not coco right? Are you feeding it any fertilizer?
It started in coco originally, I transplanted it into "roots organic" and every other watering I am using botanicare
Ha7riD is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:36 PM #4
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
Funnily enough I just wrote a whole post saying I thought your plants looked over watered. Then I read your post and see you mention that the pot was dry a couple of times..

When you’re checking whether the plant needs liquid, do you lift the pot and see how heavy it is? Sometimes the top of the soil might seem dry but there’s in fact a lot of moisture locked up in the soil. Different soil mixes definitely behave differently.

Other than thinking your plant looks over watered you may also have a ph issue. Are you checking the ph of your run off water?

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:54 PM #5
Ha7riD

I normally only water it when the top inch is dry, but when I got home from vacation it was extremely dry and pot was extremely light. I watered it a tiny bit to introduce water again, but this is where we are at this point. I can also tell you that 3 inches from the bottom of the pot is completely dry too,even after watering.
Ha7riD is offline Quote

Old 08-08-2020, 04:45 AM #6
Ha7riD

Also to answer your question about ph...when the water goes into the plant it measures 6.0, but i never have any run off at all. I have been looking all around to find anything as to how much water to actually use...ie 16oz half gallon etc etc but can't find anything at all.
Ha7riD is offline Quote

Old 08-08-2020, 12:09 PM #7
buzzmobile

buzzmobile has a reputation beyond reputebuzzmobile has a reputation beyond reputebuzzmobile has a reputation beyond reputebuzzmobile has a reputation beyond reputebuzzmobile has a reputation beyond reputebuzzmobile has a reputation beyond reputebuzzmobile has a reputation beyond reputebuzzmobile has a reputation beyond reputebuzzmobile has a reputation beyond reputebuzzmobile has a reputation beyond reputebuzzmobile has a reputation beyond repute
When you water, use enough to completely soak the rootball. If the bottom 3" of the pot is still dry after watering, water more.

Old 08-08-2020, 01:03 PM #8
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmobile View Post
When you water, use enough to completely soak the rootball. If the bottom 3" of the pot is still dry after watering, water more.
This ^

You typically you want 10%-/+ run off when you water.
Kalbhairav is offline Quote

Old 08-08-2020, 03:58 PM #9
Ha7riD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmobile View Post
Okay, the next question is how to get to this point. Anytime I water more then 2 water bottles full it always droops.
Ha7riD is offline Quote

Old 08-08-2020, 04:10 PM #10
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

I’ve got some questions..

The pot you’re using, is it a fabric pot? Plastic? I’m not too sure looking at the picture. If plastic, do you have holes in the bottom?

You say you’re feeding with Botanicare; is that their grow formula? Are you feeding full strength?

What’s your light source?
What kind of ventilation and air moving system do you have?

Have you checked for disease or pests?