Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Same day and night parameters an issue?

Thread Title Search
Same day and night parameters an issue? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2020, 06:03 AM #1
mikeross

mikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nice
Same day and night parameters an issue?

What would be the negative effects if all environmental parameters were the same during day and night cycles?

Temps, humidity, Co2 etc all at the same levels....
mikeross is offline Quote

Old 08-06-2020, 06:53 AM #2
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
nighttime temps are always lower

Some people understand when you tell them,
not to piss on an electric fence,
others have to find out for themselves. ~ Im'one

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

Civilization is the history of conspiracy!
What is civilization but, a conspiracy,
for all of us to do better, working together!
~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch..
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 08-06-2020, 07:13 AM #3
mikeross

mikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
nighttime temps are always lower

Yes, I know. I'm asking what negative issues will there be if they remain the same, no differential.
mikeross is offline Quote

Old 08-06-2020, 07:39 AM #4
JKD

JKD has disabled reputation
Sorry for an indirect response but:

Search 'Greenhouse DIF' or 'Greenhouse zero DIF'

To answer your Q in a nutshell; suboptimal growth. Not catastrophic, not markedly so, just not optimal.

Last edited by JKD; 08-06-2020 at 08:13 AM..
JKD is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2020, 11:02 AM #5
Azeotrope

Azeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of lightAzeotrope is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Sorry for an indirect response but:

Search 'Greenhouse DIF' or 'Greenhouse zero DIF'

To answer your Q in a nutshell; suboptimal growth. Not catastrophic, not markedly so, just not optimal.

Why spread false info? Stem elongation is generally reduced when day/light time temps are closer to equal or less than night. Temperature manipulation can be quite beneficial.
Azeotrope is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:06 PM #6
JKD

JKD has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeotrope View Post
Why spread false info? Stem elongation is generally reduced when day/light time temps are closer to equal or less than night. Temperature manipulation can be quite beneficial.

?

The OP asked about negative effects, not benefits. The potential negative effect is that optimal plant growth occurs when there is a +ve DIF, therefore creating either a -ve or a zero DIF will mean growth is sub-optimal. Not catastrophic, not markedly so, just not optimal.

Last edited by JKD; 11-14-2020 at 11:01 PM..
JKD is offline Quote

Old 11-24-2020, 12:48 AM #7
simon
Weedomus Maximus

simon is a glorious beacon of lightsimon is a glorious beacon of lightsimon is a glorious beacon of lightsimon is a glorious beacon of lightsimon is a glorious beacon of lightsimon is a glorious beacon of lightsimon is a glorious beacon of lightsimon is a glorious beacon of lightsimon is a glorious beacon of lightsimon is a glorious beacon of lightsimon is a glorious beacon of light
Until this year, my garden ran at night. Dark during the day. Couldn't work at night as well, anymore, so we switched. Other than having more time to manage the plants, I don't notice a difference in the grow. YMMV

Simon

The material contained in Simon's posts is driven by an overactive imagination. Any pictures that Simon may post were found on the Internet and falsely presented as his. Simon does not grow Cannabis, nor has he ever cultivated any illegal substance. Any representations leading to an opposite conclusion are based on pure fantasy.
simon is offline Quote

Old 11-26-2020, 12:13 PM #8
Creeperpark

Creeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of light
Cool opinion

Where I live it gets hot and one can't grow indoors unless its Fall or Winter. Even in the Fall, the indoor garden has to be grown at night. Many times the day and night temps were out of sequence. Also the daily wet to dry atmosphere (dewpoint) and relative humidity were out of sequence. There's nothing I could do about it, without costing more than what it was worth in the long run. I can truly say the negative results from the night gardens in the past were more resin and more potent buds than commonly grown plants. They're more work but worth the trouble.
Creeperpark is offline Quote

Old 11-26-2020, 05:55 PM #9
ButterflyEffect

ButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really nice
I've always run my rooms with very little delta between day and night for temp and humidity. Never had any issues, but I can't speak to whether or not there's a detriment as I've not done any side by sides. I can't really change anything as my arduinos aren't currently programmed with a clock so it's all the same. Some day I might just reprogram them for more functionality and see what comes of it.
ButterflyEffect is offline Quote