What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Barn Buildout

SamsonsRiddle

there is a covering a lot of people use called panda film. you can also use some kind of flat white paint made for wet conditions.

growingcrazy

I have a 40 x 80 on my property that was built in 1935. If the structure is 100% solid and water tight, build stud walls with pressure treated plywood on the outside, insulate well and use roofing steel on the inside. It works 100%.

Don't forget about drying and equipment space.

Fixer

Hi gsxr97, The plastic paneling you're referring to is called FRP Fiberglass Reinforced Panel. It gets glued to a sub-straight like sheetrock or plywood. You probably don't need the FRP. CDX plywood or Zipwall panel are both water proof and can be painted white. Also you're going to need to run a dehumidifier so unless you plan on spraying water on the walls you can also use MR or Moisture Resistant sheetrock.

Make sure you insulate and air seal well. You don't want to pay to heat or cool the outdoors. If you're in a cold climate I'd use at least 2" of Styrofoam board so you don't get condensation running down the insides of your walls in the winter.

If you'd like to run two 4x8 tables I'd suggest 11 to 12 feet of width and at least 21 feet of length for your flower room. Mines 11x21 and I wish it was 12x22+ feet long. Veg should be around 100sq/ft to support two tables. You're going to want to run LEDs unless you have a ton of power running to the barn.

Take a look at my grow. The construction is laid out in the beginning of the thread. Good luck!:tiphat:

Last edited:

Fixer

Build it out gsxr97! It took me all of last summer at night but it was worth the effort.

Fixer

You can find almost everything you need to build you grow room at jlconline.com. I build things for a living and when ever I need to know how to do something new it's where I look first.

Grapefruitroop

Good luck for your project!
I would reccomend Sheetrock/drywall instead of plywood if you can...
The impregnated ones are humidity proof and most important fire proof!!
I just finished to build a new moms rooms and drywall with a nice layer of white paint i think its better than wood and plastic on the walls!:smoke out:

Latest posts

Latest posts