Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > MrNice Super Silver Haze

Thread Title Search
MrNice Super Silver Haze Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2020, 12:35 AM #1
leet

leet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to all
MrNice Super Silver Haze

MNS SUPER SILVER HAZE - 1999

Hello haze fans,

I am creating this thread to show you my attempt at germinating and growing SuperSilverHaze from 1999. My seeds come directly and indirectly from Shantibaba/Nevil from MrNice Seedbank so I thank both a lot for their amazing work. I am huge fan.

I have tried germinating these seeds but it's almost impossible, I only managed to get one plant so far from 60~ seeds. I still have some more but let me tell you I have already tried scuffing, cracking, soaking in h2o2, kelp, aloe, sugars, humic ( fulvic ), bacteria, myco, coconut water, GA3 at different concentrations... I am thinking to try some TC medium for some of them BUT this thread is NOT about the germination of old seeds ( but if you have any tips, please, don't hesitate to PM me ). I will definitely keep you updated if I find something good that works on old seeds.

Having said that, this is the only plant that is growing at the moment , I am very happy. As you can see in the pictures the seedling never had green cotylydons and only had a pale patch of chlorophyll on one of the cotylydons and on the stem. Of course I had to remove the seed shell and then the endosperm, I did that almost perfectly and the seeds meristem seemed intacked after a day and produced first set of true leaves! Phew!

The soil is peat/compost/perlite with some biobizz premix ( dry fert ) , seabird guano, palm ash and then I preinoculated the soil with bacteria,myco, seaweed and a touch of coconut water. It seems to be growing OK!

So let the SSH journey begin!

Looks haze dominant to me

Last edited by leet; 07-25-2020 at 02:34 AM..
leet is offline Quote

16 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:37 AM #2
leet

leet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to allleet is a name known to all
Reserved for later!
leet is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-25-2020, 01:06 AM #3
Hemphrey Bogart

Hemphrey Bogart has a brilliant futureHemphrey Bogart has a brilliant futureHemphrey Bogart has a brilliant futureHemphrey Bogart has a brilliant futureHemphrey Bogart has a brilliant futureHemphrey Bogart has a brilliant futureHemphrey Bogart has a brilliant futureHemphrey Bogart has a brilliant futureHemphrey Bogart has a brilliant futureHemphrey Bogart has a brilliant futureHemphrey Bogart has a brilliant future
Yeah, L33t! Best of luck cracking the rest of those seed. Hope your first plant does well also. I’ll be watching your progress from the front row here.

HB.

Hemphrey Bogart is offline Quote

Old 07-25-2020, 01:10 AM #4
BeAn v.2.0

BeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud ofBeAn v.2.0 has much to be proud of
In ftw.
BeAn v.2.0 is offline Quote

Old 07-25-2020, 02:21 AM #5
@hempy

@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future
Hiya Leet good to see you long time Question are you seeing any life at all from the other seeds that failed like a little tap root.
@hempy is online now Quote

Old 07-25-2020, 02:29 AM #6
leet

Quick answer : no , if they showed even the smallest tap root I think I could save them.
They just swell , some crack but there is NO action. I've tried cracking the shell and removing the embryo, they do nothing.

Hi Hempy
leet is offline Quote

Old 07-25-2020, 02:34 AM #7
Bmac1

Bmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivor
I'm turning in.
First Organic Run - Done
Organics Round 2 - Done
Karma Genetics SourA5Haze - Done
Current Diary- Done
Bmac1 is online now Quote

Old 07-25-2020, 03:09 AM #8
@hempy

@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future@hempy has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by leet View Post
Quick answer : no , if they showed even the smallest tap root I think I could save them.
They just swell , some crack but there is NO action. I've tried cracking the shell and removing the embryo, they do nothing.

Hi Hempy

Okay the fact some are cracking tells me this.

What i think is happening is the fluid between the seed embryo and seed embryo case is dry so what you need to do is soon as you see the seed case split is this.

Open up the seed remove the seed embryo and gently remove the embryo case from the seed embryo because its stuck and will kill it as a result.

If you have a medium like Rock wool or Coco place the seed embryo in that water and place under light like you would clones to root.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:11 AM #9
leet

I have tried to remove seed shell and endosperm after 2 days of soaking and placing the bare embryos in sterilized cotton with 0.15% h2o2 and they did nothing... I did the same but with bacteria,myco seaweed ... also nothing. I will try again but in pure water with a couple of drops of h2o2 and some in coco, thanks.

The cracking I believe is just from the mechanical swelling, its not because the embryo is doing any action . they look the same exactly the ones that crack and the ones that I crack myself... I understand what you say that the endosperm is really tough and generally needs removing... It's a very delicate process but probably mandatory
leet is offline Quote

Old 07-25-2020, 03:19 AM #10
@hempy

Some times you will even see a tap root show and they don't go past that unless you intervene you don't they die so nothing to loos and every thing to gain.

I would not touch the seed until they crack and then you see no further movement.

One of two things will happen once the seed embryo in medium is placed under light you will see over say days to a week start to get green color on the leaf or it will just die.

Think i did a post on this at mr nice years ago cant remember what the strain was.

2 members found this post helpful.