Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > "Tangerine" from '93 -looking for infos

Thread Title Search
"Tangerine" from '93 -looking for infos Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2020, 06:47 AM #1
William Baker

William Baker has a spectacular aura aboutWilliam Baker has a spectacular aura aboutWilliam Baker has a spectacular aura aboutWilliam Baker has a spectacular aura aboutWilliam Baker has a spectacular aura about
"Tangerine" from '93 -looking for infos

Hi

I was gifted some seeds from an older gentleman and he called them tangerine.

Not much infos except hes had them since 1993 in his fridge.. Tastes spot on like tangerines

Seen something about an old popular cut in a seed description and thats about it.

Any info welcomed, thanks in advance

Will
William Baker is online now Quote

Old 07-24-2020, 01:42 PM #2
rolandomota

rolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant future
It's a very common flavor the most common I have found I love those super tasty tangerine terps lots of strains have it some have it light others strong some more orange others more tangerine some can have a light incense Woody taste behind the tang. That's an Awesome job your buddy did keeping them seeds alive in the fridge or else it would be yet another how to sprout old dead seeds thread
rolandomota is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2020, 06:24 PM #3
clearheaded

clearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to all
hows the strength? cali o, orange skunk
clearheaded is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:55 PM #4
William Baker

William Baker has a spectacular aura aboutWilliam Baker has a spectacular aura aboutWilliam Baker has a spectacular aura aboutWilliam Baker has a spectacular aura aboutWilliam Baker has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the replys

Received them last week along with a bunch of skunk still havent tried to germ/grow them(soon will)

A friend grew a couple 5 years ago with success.

I read about the cali-o X skunk lineage, only one way to find out

Will

Old 07-24-2020, 09:06 PM #5
Nannymouse

Nannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to all
If it is the tangerine that i am thinking, it was taken off the market because of hemies, yet it had such a fan base despite the fact, that it was put back on the market with the info about hermies, and a 'no whiners' warning, lol.

It would be the 'mother' of Clip's StoneyBaloney when crossed with a KaliMistxC99...clips used that cross in several of his lines.
Nannymouse is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2020, 09:07 PM #6
Nannymouse

Nannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to allNannymouse is a name known to all
Well, actually StonePony gave Clips the StoneyBaloney, i think.
Nannymouse is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2020, 09:33 PM #7
George

George is just really niceGeorge is just really niceGeorge is just really niceGeorge is just really niceGeorge is just really niceGeorge is just really niceGeorge is just really niceGeorge is just really niceGeorge is just really niceGeorge is just really niceGeorge is just really nice
How old is “tangie”?

It’s definitely a common terpene in cannabis but if you hunt enough seeds you will get variations within the tangerine smell that adds some gas or whatever else.

I think the worst part of Tangerine strains is the taste. The taste can be SO strong. If you smoke a joint with someone whose never had cannabis that had flavor this will set them back lol.

The taste remind me of what I would imagine sulfur tasting like No there was no sulfur sprayed on the plants and if you ever smoked plants that actually had sulfur sprayed on them you’ll know lol. It’s just where my brain places that taste. If you eat those Mexican candies that are tangerine flavored it tastes exactly the same.

Not my favorite terpene but definitely something id keep in the bank.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:59 PM #8
40AmpstoFreedom

40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future
Probably another orange skunk pheno like Cali-O tangie et cetera. You will get it in hazes and what not too. I have a tangerine smell I have been searching for I found out in Florida's Ocala National Forest back in 01 I just cannot seem to find again. Nothing matches the completely clear tangerine smell or looks of buds. There was no other smell to it, no cream, no skunk, nothing else but sweet tangerine. Light green with very white frost but not anywhere close to gsc, platinum og, or the white in terms of frostiness. Tight little nuggets but not rocks. Enough space for crystal formation on calyxes. Super sweet tangerine. Great sativa high. 0 haze influence so I know it wasn't any of that. When you breath in the smell it is like breathing in clean air after a thunderstorm. Just gives you that comfort feeling just smelling it.

Click here for a link to all of my grows
40AmpstoFreedom is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:27 AM #9
JetLife175

JetLife175 has a brilliant futureJetLife175 has a brilliant futureJetLife175 has a brilliant futureJetLife175 has a brilliant futureJetLife175 has a brilliant futureJetLife175 has a brilliant futureJetLife175 has a brilliant futureJetLife175 has a brilliant futureJetLife175 has a brilliant futureJetLife175 has a brilliant futureJetLife175 has a brilliant future
Did this have anything to do with “orange crush”?????

When was Vic High selling those beans? That was always a Orange County staple in my late teens early 20s. Was great smoke.
JetLife175 is offline Quote

Old 07-25-2020, 08:40 PM #10
William Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannymouse View Post
If it is the tangerine that i am thinking, it was taken off the market because of hemies
Wow.. Well, interesting.. I sure hope i dont end up in hermie hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40AmpstoFreedom View Post
...Nothing matches the completely clear tangerine smell or looks of buds. There was no other smell to it, no cream, no skunk, nothing else but sweet tangerine...
Music to my ears
Talking to the guy his face lit up while speaking of the smell/taste even if he hadnt smoked it in years..
I started 40 to test the waters, still have couple 100s to go through.. I'll post pictures in the coming weeks